Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 661955

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4275 on: April 09, 2014, 07:32:37 AM
Speaking of, holy [parasitic bomb] ZSS, she looks even more fun to play as this time around.
Not to mention she also seems to have gotten hotter.
Well that's the power of jet boots and her suit looking less like rubber that didn't really accent her curves very well.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4276 on: April 09, 2014, 07:33:26 AM
Well that's the power of jet boots and herbsuit looking less like rubber that didn't really accent her curves very well.

Her suit was even more skintight in the last game though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4277 on: April 09, 2014, 07:35:17 AM
Her suit was even more skintight in the last game though.
Yeah but it has some sort of more metalic look too, or at least it's shinier.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4278 on: April 09, 2014, 07:44:22 AM
I'm really looking forward to using Zelda in this game. No more mistakenly transforming into Sheik! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4279 on: April 09, 2014, 07:46:18 AM
And I look forward to playing a solo Sheik, along with a ton of other characters.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4280 on: April 09, 2014, 07:47:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to using Zelda in this game. No more mistakenly transforming into Sheik! XD

Agreed, I always liked Zelda more than Sheik but both have their perks.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4281 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:05 AM
I did laugh at the name Bouncing Fish but she needed that recovery move.  I hope Marth gets some much needed tweeks, like for his jump and sword swipe angles, those always felt akward for me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4282 on: April 09, 2014, 07:55:54 AM
I really like how they've clarified how the Phantom attack works.

Though the whole concept of a seperate entity coming and attacking/defending you from an attack seems awfully familiar.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4283 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:35 AM
Gotta admit, single Charizard makes me very happy! Lou and I are gonna have some fun Charizard vs. Greninja battles.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4284 on: April 09, 2014, 08:01:55 AM
Oh yeah I'm going to have some fun trying, and probably failing at, playing as Greninja.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4285 on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:48 AM
Haven't been home all day, but I did see the Direct while I was out.

- I'm happy ZSS and Sheik are seperate. I'm also really excited about ZSS's new boots. Interesting Sakurai didn't just copy the Other M design wholesale. Looks almost completely original, just with the mole of course.
- Yoshi stands upright, but everything about him looked the same. Why delay that reveal and show a much more tweaked Bowser from the get go? It's an odd choice.
- Like everyone but Clefant, I wanted Ridley. But I'm just gonna accept it that he's not gonna be playable again. At least Dark Samus is just an assist. Her playable woulda been a total copout.
- I am still hanging on to hope for Mewtwo though. Not losing any sleep over no Squirtle or Ivysaur. If they were to pick one Kalos Pokemon, Greninja was definitely the one. I think they could go to 6 Pokemon, but if it's just those 4 and Jigglypuff, that's fine.
- The new Final Smashes are [tornado fang]ing awesome, not just 5 Blue Bombers. Ultra Sword made me [parasitic bomb]. Still curious how Luigi's Poltergust is gonna work though.
- Samurai Goroh was shown before Captain Falcon again, so there's a confirm for ya. Like anyone doubted it.
- Personally I woulda replaced Purple Pikmin with Rock Pikmin, but whatever, they'd work the same.

I think the release dates were the most surprising moment. I thought the 3DS version was the one they were having difficulty with, but that's the one that's coming out in mere months, tentatively. What a turnaround.

And in all honestly, I think they shouldn't release any more major info until the 3DS version launches, like what happened with X and Y. It's one thing to just ignore the internet for months to avoid spoilers while everyone else knows what's coming. It's much more exciting to learn of characters and such more or less in the same time frame everyone else does.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4286 on: April 09, 2014, 08:10:52 AM
Nah I didn't want Ridley to be playable either, I'd rather have like Prince Fluff or Bass being playable but we know the former will never happen and the other is highly unlikely. 

I still want Tails and honestly never cared for Mewtwo because I always prefered Lucario over him anyway.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4287 on: April 09, 2014, 08:15:49 AM
With all the Mewtwo stuff, I find it really hard to believe that even after they include Jigglypuff (You know they will.) That they'll allow the Pokemon rep count to go over the Mario rep count, despite how popular Pokemon is they'd never put more of them in over their flagship series. Notice how they seem to tie in each game.

SSB 64 had Mario & Luigi, Pikachu & Jigglypuff.
Melee had Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Dr. Mario, With Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Mewtwo. Mario has more in this game but that's only because of the clone. Pokemon would only have three without Pichu.
Brawl cut Dr. Mario but otherwise had the same lineup for Mario characters, Pokemon dropped Mewtwo and Pichu for Lucario and PKMN Trainer, who if you really wanted to could be considered three seperate characters but because they share one slot I'd say they're one. Feel free to disagree, but in this game they're 4 to 4.

SSB4 adds Rosalina to the Mario mix adding it up to 5, so potentially we'll get one more Pokemon and that'll most likely be Jigglypuff because she's part of the original 12.

Yoshi and Wario don't count in the mix obviously because they're labelled as their own series.

Ridley, it could be Other M ridley, who from my knowledge didn't have a Meta variation. Nintendo seems to have a boner for trying to get people to accept Other M's designs and stuff since they're the most recent but who knows I could be totally wrong. I feel Samus is enough of a major character to hold a series representation up herself, ZSS becoming a seperate character technically makes two anyway, but it fits the whole "Lone Bounty Hunter" thing. Same with Captain Falcon in a sense.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4288 on: April 09, 2014, 08:21:15 AM
- Like everyone but Clefant, I wanted Ridley. But I'm just gonna accept it that he's not gonna be playable again. At least Dark Samus is just an assist. Her playable woulda been a total copout.
- I am still hanging on to hope for Mewtwo though. Not losing any sleep over no Squirtle or Ivysaur. If they were to pick one Kalos Pokemon, Greninja was definitely the one. I think they could go to 6 Pokemon, but if it's just those 4 and Jigglypuff, that's fine.
- The new Final Smashes are [tornado fang]ing awesome, not just 5 Blue Bombers. Ultra Sword made me [parasitic bomb]. Still curious how Luigi's Poltergust is gonna work though.
- Samurai Goroh was shown before Captain Falcon again, so there's a confirm for ya. Like anyone doubted it.

-I'm also pretty vocal against Ridley. Not to spite others (okay, maybe a little), but it just doesn't sit well with me.
Dark Samus AT was a highlight for me. I was pessimistic she'd be anything more than a trophy. Seeing her shoot her rapid-fire beam and doing that pillar-pound move was pleasant to see.
-If Mewtwo returns, I wonder if he'd be kept secret as a post-release hidden character. He's technically a veteran fighter.
-I personally really liked Pit's Three Sacred Treasures and Greninja's Ragnorok/Zansei Rouga/Shouou Jin'eizan.
-Waluigi is considered a Wario Land/WarioWare rep. So there's also Wario confirmed (to the surprise of nobody).

Custom movesets and Smash Runs are also cool additions that I'm excited for.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4289 on: April 09, 2014, 08:23:17 AM
I just feel that since Metroid has so few characters in the series, as far as I know, I feel like they don't need more characters than Samus and she does a good job of it. 

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4290 on: April 09, 2014, 08:28:46 AM
We have Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X. I'd be surprised if we didn't get the third poster child for Mega Evolution, Mewtwo.

And yes, love Pit's new Final Smash.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4291 on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
Yeah thank god because Pit needed that since Palutena's army kind of sucks, even she admits that Pit is the only one that's actually competent.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4292 on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:30 AM
Yeah Pit's new Final Smash looks nice. Hell, ALL the Final Smashes do.

Although the one I'm happiest about is Zero Laser, since it, well, you know, NO LONGER MEANS INSTANT DEATH AS SOON AS IT'S OVER!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4293 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:27 AM
Yeah Pit's new Final Smash looks nice. Hell, ALL the Final Smashes do.

Although the one I'm happiest about is Zero Laser, since it, well, you know, NO LONGER MEANS INSTANT DEATH AS SOON AS IT'S OVER!
Remind me what you mean by instant death since I haven't played Brawl in years?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4294 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:10 AM
After you used the Zero Laser in Brawl, Samus' armor would fall off and she'd become Zero Suit Samus. If your damage was high enough after using it, it was pretty much instant death due to the delay of the transformation.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4295 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:31 AM
After you used the Zero Laser in Brawl, Samus' armor would fall off and she'd become Zero Suit Samus. If your damage was high enough after using it, it was pretty much instant death due to the delay of the transformation.
Yeesh that's pretty bad right there.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #4296 on: April 09, 2014, 08:44:57 AM
Samus had it pretty tough in Brawl. Hell, a lot of oldbies have a tough time against the characters introduced in Brawl. At least it seems like Bitchslap/Kerfuffle/WHATEVER is giving everyone a bit more of a balancing this go around.

EDIT:

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4297 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:11 AM
Like I said I'm still waiting for what they do for Marth since he definetely needs some tweeks, especially with his recovery.  That [tornado fang]ing jump. -AC

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4298 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:41 AM
Samus got so nerfed in Brawl. So did Link.

AND FOR [tornado fang] SAKE, GIVE JIGGLYPUFF BACK THE POWER OF HER REST MOVE.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4299 on: April 09, 2014, 09:02:48 AM
@Clefant: Who's to say they're done adding Mario characters? There's a decent amount to still pick from.of which Daisy is not one of them get over it Hypershell your waifu will forever be a skin for Peach.

-Waluigi is considered a Wario Land/WarioWare rep. So there's also Wario confirmed (to the surprise of nobody).

Waluigi has never been in a Wario game. He's just a Mario spinoff character. But there is Ashley, so you're right that Wario will come back. There's Earthbound hints around too. I mentioned Goroh and Falcon specifically cause the same thing happened before Brawl came out.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.