Akamaru · 660391

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4250 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:32 AM
Your friend must've been Team Chespin, cause Team Chespin doesn't get ANYTHING.

@Quickie: More likely now that Lucario's been confirmed to have Mega Evolution, if you ask me. Sakurai's a bit of a troll, so he's probably holding that announcement back just to mess with people.

also official PR
8th April, 2014 – A new Nintendo Direct video revealed numerous details about the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems. At the start of the video, series creator Masahiro Sakurai announced that the Nintendo 3DS version of the game is planned for this summer, with the Wii U version targeting winter 2014. Both games will be available in stores and on Nintendo eShop for their respective platform. Sakurai also detailed many of the stages and items in both versions, described the games’ online functionality, revealed a new mode exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version and announced fan-favourite Greninja, a Pokémon from the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games, as a new playable character.

To view the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect. Today’s announcements included:

Launch windows: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is planned for this summer. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is targeting winter 2014.

Silky smooth 3D: Most gameplay elements of the Nintendo 3DS version of the game will run at 60 frames per second, all in stereoscopic 3D.

“Smash Run”: Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version of the game is a new mode called “Smash Run.” In this mode, four players have five minutes to enter a dungeon and explore the surroundings, fight enemies and obtain power-ups to enhance their fighters. Once the five minutes are up, all four fighters enter a battle arena using their newly equipped items and power-ups. Enemies encountered in the Smash Run mode are from a wide range of game series. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems and games are required for multiplayer modes.
New challenger!: Greninja, the awesome final evolution of Froakie from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, joins the roster as a playable character inSuper Smash Bros. for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Oldies But Goodies: Many of the classic characters from past Super Smash Bros. games that are returning in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS have new powers and abilities. Four characters that have appeared in previous games, but had yet to be announced before this Nintendo Direct, include:

Zero Suit Samus: That’s right, Zero Suit Samus is back, but this time she is her own fully playable character, separate from suited Samus. In the new game, she is given jet boots to make her even more powerful.

Sheik: As with Zero Suit Samus, Sheik is another character that appeared in previous Super Smash Bros. games, but will be a unique playable character for the first time in the new Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. Sheik has new moves like Burst Grenade and Bouncing Fish.

Yoshi: In previous games, Yoshi stood on two legs and hunched over, as if Mario was going to jump on top of him at any moment. This new version of Yoshi stands completely upright, making him an even stronger fighter.

Charizard: After appearing from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee and becoming playable by using Pokémon Trainer in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this fire-breathing Pokémon is now a selectable character.

Online play: Both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. will offer online multiplayer gameplay with other players on the same platform. Players with broadband Internet access can battle it out with anyone else who is online and also has the game.

When playing with random players online, two modes are available: “For Fun” and “For Glory.” In “For Glory,” only Final Destination stage variations are available. There are no platforms, elevated areas or items in this mode. It is a nice, clean battle between characters. In “For Fun,” all stages are picked randomly and all items and power-ups are available.

When playing with friends, full customisation is available – players can set the rules, stages and items however they want.

Variety of stages: While the cast of playable characters is the same in both versions of the new games, the stages where the battles take place are vastly different, depending on which system a player chooses. The Wii U stages are primarily based on past home console games, while the Nintendo 3DS stages draw from handheld games for inspiration.
Boss characters, such as the Yellow Devil in Wily Castle will make appearances in some stages. When bosses appear, fighters will have to battle the boss, as well as one another. The boss can even be used in strategic ways to damage other fighters.

Almost all the stages in both versions of the game will have a “Final Destination form,” an alternate form of each stage that is inspired by the relatively simple layout of the much-loved Final Destination stage.

Items, Trophies and Pokémon: Items, Assist Trophies and Poké Balls all return in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. New to the games are Master Balls, special Poké Balls that contain Legendary Pokémon like Arceus and Xerneas.

Get connected: There will be elements in Super Smash Bros. that link both versions of the games. More details about this will be revealed at a later date.

Custom moves: In a series first, players can now customise move sets when playing locally or online with friends. More information about this feature will be announced in the future.

For even more new information about Super Smash Bros., visit http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/ and the brand new https://www.facebook.com/smashbros.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #4251 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:55 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4252 on: April 09, 2014, 12:55:47 AM
The Kid Icarus Uprising boss music is in fact in the game, Sakurai doesn't disappoint there.

MIDNA IS AN ASSIST TROPHY!  SCORE!!! 8)

Ridley (or Meta Ridley?) is apparently an Assist as well, but we saw only a shadow.

Yoshi, as expected, is adorable.

Charizard dumped the dead weight that was Squirtle and Ivysaur.  Well, he WAS the main reason I used PT, but it didn't make me suck any less when playing as him.  *shrugs*

Greninja is a F*@#ing tease, since I honestly thought the shadowy figure charging up was Mewtwo.  Oh well, I can't argue with ninja frog power.

X, Volnutt, Hub, and Geo all join in for Mega Man's Final Smash.  No Zero, no Biometals.  I'll miss Aile, but I'm damn well not complaining about a Legends reference.

Spark Man remix = awesomeness.

Still hoping to see some sign of Daisy and/or Mewtwo.  Even if it's Assist (though Mewtwo really SHOULD be playable, I don't know if there's room for him since we've got four 'mans without Jigglypuff).

Oh yeah, Zero Suit Samus got jet heels.  Because apparently she wasn't badass enough. <3

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4253 on: April 09, 2014, 12:58:57 AM
Your friend must've been Team Chespin, cause Team Chespin doesn't get ANYTHING.
I'm figuring bitterness from Online Battles since Greninja is overused for good reason.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4254 on: April 09, 2014, 12:59:43 AM
It looks like Ridley is a Boss Character that'll appear on Pyrosphere much like Yellow Devil on Wily Castle.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #4255 on: April 09, 2014, 01:02:56 AM
It looks like Ridley is a Boss Character that'll appear on Pyrosphere much like Yellow Devil on Wily Castle.
Or that.  Memory was a bit fuzzy, I rushed in late, right in the middle of the Yellow Devil talk. >_<

Not that they couldn't have Meta Ridley as an Assist or something, seeings how both forms were in Brawl.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4256 on: April 09, 2014, 01:03:53 AM
Oh yeah, I approved of the music they used when showing Yoshi. My favourite theme for him by far.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #4257 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:01 AM
Dang good, but for me the Melee Yoshi's Island was perfection.

http://lol.rockmanpm.com/1396997073447.webm
Vix, love you. :cookie:

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #4258 on: April 09, 2014, 01:15:01 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4259 on: April 09, 2014, 01:17:43 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4260 on: April 09, 2014, 01:43:21 AM
Oh and my friend hates that Mega Charizard X is in but I'm not suprised since he's always hated Mega Charizard X with a passion.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4261 on: April 09, 2014, 02:22:24 AM

And this invalidates him ever being a fighter.
Because stage elements are not things that can be played as.
This is good because now people can shut the [tornado fang] up about Ridley.

Sad Charizard being around means no more pokemon trainer since I would've liked to see Alternate Pokemon Trainers but oh well its not a big deal.

Greninja, now that's unexpected. He might be awesome.

The online "For Fun" and "For Glory" thing is pretty funny how its All Items on and No Final Destination for one and the other is the stupid Pro-MLG crap for the no-fun allowed guys. Good on them for appeasing both crowds.

Also, love the Final Destination versions of every other stage. Way for some variation.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #4262 on: April 09, 2014, 03:00:23 AM
I'm just gonna sit here and drool at that Megaman Final Smash for a few more...hours

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4263 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:46 AM
That Mega Man final smash... Oh man.

Also, that Sparkman Remix is glorious. As is Mega Man's facial expressions when using his moves.

God dammnit Nintendo, you REALLY want my money

EDIT: here's a better quality webm

http://a.pomf.se/xnorcn.webm

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #4264 on: April 09, 2014, 04:36:42 AM
That Mega Man final smash... Oh man.
EDIT: here's a better quality webm
http://a.pomf.se/ktkrfc.webm

Someone on another forum noticed that everyone but .EXE were using their left arms for their busters. I looked up sprites and images, and it's accurate to the characters and their games - generally speaking; Rock and X both use their left arms when facing the right side of the screen in their 2D games, Trigger used his left arm, and Geo apparently uses his left in his games too, while EXE's sprites use the right arm in his games.

EDIT: And if you look closely, X's armor details (the legs and arms mainly) are very similar to Mega Man's added details, which kinda makes technical sense if you think about it.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4265 on: April 09, 2014, 04:48:53 AM
The custom skills seem kinda interesting; wonder how that will work in practice.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4266 on: April 09, 2014, 05:55:32 AM
YAY CHARIZAAAAAAAARD!!!

YAY SPLITTING ZELDA & SAMUS'S OTHER FORMS.

YAY SEXY MUSIC.

YAY EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4267 on: April 09, 2014, 07:09:51 AM
Top 5 things for me:
1. Mega Man FS
2. Troll Sakurai (Ridley, Palutena, ZSS, Mewtwo)
3. The music (KI:U Boss, DKCR Rocket Barrel, SSB Staff Roll, etc.)
4. Costumes
5. Separated transformations

I also had nostalgic Melee Special Video vibes throughout the direct, and SSE vibes throughout Charizard's reveal.

The online "For Fun" and "For Glory" thing is pretty funny how its All Items on and No Final Destination for one and the other is the stupid Pro-MLG crap for the no-fun allowed guys. Good on them for appeasing both crowds.
That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. And although it is a step in the right direction, a lot of people would've preferred a Battlefield variant since Final Destination is far from the most balanced stage, FYI.

I get the feeling Little Mac is going to be banned for 2v2.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4268 on: April 09, 2014, 07:11:21 AM
Actually, if the boss character is Meta Ridley, then that doesn't entirely invalidate Ridley as a possible character. It's not likely, but it's also not impossible either.

Also every stage has a Final Destination form so For Glory mode does still have a variety of stages.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4269 on: April 09, 2014, 07:18:48 AM
That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.And although it is a step in the right direction, a lot of people would've preferred a Battlefield variant since Final Destination is far from the most balanced stage, FYI.

I get the feeling Little Mac is going to be banned for 2v2.

Eh, that's just my opinion on the matter. I just see a lot of really nasty people getting on others for liking the game with items or one stages with gimmicks, so I've just sort of gotten to the point where I find people who do the Tournaments and Tier Lists to just not be very rational.

I also understand that I'm completely [tornado fang]ing hypocritical because of my attitudes towards them. But hey, they'll be able to have their fun, and people who enjoy playing the game with the "Its not meant to be taken so seriously" mentality can enjoy it as well at their own leisure.

Banning characters does seem to come down to a lot of "Oh that character has that move that I don't like and its not fair guys come on he's banned." But again, this is coming from somebody who doesn't comprehend/enjoy playing games competitively.  :\

So yeah, that's all I have to say on the matter.

I do think its funny how NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION is now an official game mode.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4270 on: April 09, 2014, 07:20:52 AM
A lot of the items looked awesome. And even though Blues isn't the assist trophy, I do love me some Elec Man!  8D

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4271 on: April 09, 2014, 07:24:59 AM
Actually, if the boss character is Meta Ridley, then that doesn't entirely invalidate Ridley as a possible character. It's not likely, but it's also not impossible either.

Also every stage has a Final Destination form so For Glory mode does still have a variety of stages.

I'm just going to throw this out there and bring up the possibility that it could be both Ridley and Meta Ridley, not unlike Shadow Moses Island or Spear Pillar having different background events randomly assigned when the level is loaded.

And he means that he kind of thinks the variant stages should resemble Battlefield more than Final Destination, with the three platforms and such.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4272 on: April 09, 2014, 07:26:24 AM
I do think its funny how NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION is now an official game mode.
Yeah I admit, I laughed at it too.

I actually laughed quite a bit throughout the Direct.

EDIT: The stage is Pyrosphere, which means Ridley should be his Other M incarnation. Ergo, it shouldn't be Meta Ridley. And besides, Meta Ridley is like Armored Mewtwo, there wouldn't be a massive Meta Ridley stage hazard only for there to be mini-playable Ridley.

And no, Alfonzo won't be substituting for him.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4273 on: April 09, 2014, 07:29:52 AM
The Zero Suit Samus troll made me laugh.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4274 on: April 09, 2014, 07:31:27 AM
The Zero Suit Samus troll made me laugh.

Speaking of, holy [parasitic bomb] ZSS, she looks even more fun to play as this time around.
Not to mention she also seems to have gotten hotter.