Akamaru · 661360

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4175 on: February 15, 2014, 12:43:09 AM
Damn straight.  The Punch-Out!! training music is especially addictive; I actually Riivolution-hacked it into Brawl's waiting room back in the day.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4176 on: February 15, 2014, 01:13:29 AM
Yeah, the training music is downright perfect!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4177 on: February 15, 2014, 06:09:35 AM
I pulled PB's Little Mac moveset from the Bitchslap thread.
Little Mac
Little Mac would probably be my first choice.  He's a FIGHTER.  LoL, he's pretty much perfect for Smash Bros, and not just for jumping off levels as an Assist Trophy.  It could definitely be done, and should be with the Upcoming Punch Out Wii game. 

Standard B: Charge Punch. 
Limited Power, but can deal decent Knockback.  Obviously hurts more depending on how long you Charge it.
Forward B: Dash Punch. 
Dashes forward and does a cool 1-2 Punch combo.  Useful for a Get-Back move.
Up B: Charge Uppercut. 
Ducks and charges Uppercut.  Longer the charge, higher the Uppercut.  Powerful move, also a get back.
Down B: Guard Counter. 
Similar to Ike's more than Marths.  Basic concept.  Does standard damage.

Final Smash: TKO. 
Similar to Critical Hit.  Dashes forward, catches, instant death.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4178 on: February 15, 2014, 06:27:02 AM
I'd say about 60% right!  8D

Just missed the Final Smash & the Up B.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4179 on: February 22, 2014, 06:03:57 AM
Dear Artists of RPM,

I have a favor. Since I've been insanely busy at work doing WWE stuff, an idea crossed my mind!

Finally The Rock has come back to San Diego

Now I'd love a drawing of Little Mac saying something like...

"FINALLY. LITTLE MAC (Or THE MAC). HAS COME BACK. TO SMASH BROS."

Can one of you make this happen?  8D

-Protoman Blues.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4180 on: February 23, 2014, 08:31:25 AM
Gaze upon the loving Smash Bros. fanbase

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4181 on: February 23, 2014, 08:34:58 AM
Still waiting for Mewtwo.  He will return, I know it! *hugs plushie*

Until then... I will spoil him in Amie and rub his belly. :3

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4182 on: February 23, 2014, 08:45:04 AM
all i saw in that pic was idiocy

pure unbridled idiocy

(i want mewtwo also and lucario's inclusion does not in any way shape or form guarantee mewtwo's exclusion, something entitled jackasses seem to ignore)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4183 on: February 23, 2014, 09:40:56 PM
I want to know the logic of why people think Ridley would ever be a playable character.

They're not going to put a character in that's like way bigger than the rest of the cast.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4184 on: February 23, 2014, 09:58:44 PM
because I WANT RIDLEY I DUN CAER IF HE DOESN"T MAEK SENSE RIDLEY SHUD BE IN

that's the logic

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4185 on: February 23, 2014, 11:42:27 PM
You'd think Mewtwo would have been in as a replacement, given the resurgence of him in the X and Y promotions, the anime movie/ova/whatever for X and Y.

They were really showing X and Y off using him, even showing the mega evolutions.

I think people are afraid because Sakurai said he was axing the clone characters, and Mewtwo is definitely the moveset Lucario was given.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4186 on: February 24, 2014, 12:34:44 AM
I want to know the logic of why people think Ridley would ever be a playable character.

They're not going to put a character in that's like way bigger than the rest of the cast.

Because actual size logic doesn't matter in Smash. There are so many people that aren't proportionately correct to their in universe measurements. Sakurai even said so in one of the Little Mac posts. Kirby's supposed to be 8 inches tall, Pikachu about 1 foot, and they're both barely smaller than Mario. And depending on the game, Bowser is [tornado fang]ing huge. There's no reason why they couldn't scale Ridley down to DK size.

Also, I feel people want someone else, in addition to Samus, to represent Metroid. And everyone wants Ridley cause he's the only other Metroid character that'd make sense. As interesting as the other hunters from Prime 3 might be, I think Nintendo forgot that game exists and wouldn't want to market it that heavily anymore. Putting in an Other M character would blow up in their face. Hell people are already pissed that they're using the Other M design for Samus. So who does that leave? Dark Samus? Pfft yeah right, a literal clone is gonna get in at this point. Every other Metroid character isn't humanoid enough, noteworthy enough, or worth the risk of bitching.

I think people are afraid because Sakurai said he was axing the clone characters, and Mewtwo is definitely the moveset Lucario was given.

I hope there's sarcasm in that. That argument is such baloney. Literally the only things Lucario and Mewtwo share are the double jump animation and a Kamehameha charge shot. Every other move is different, and they're entire playstyles are different.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4187 on: February 24, 2014, 01:38:20 AM
With Mewtwo's recent relevance, it would simply make sense to put him in the game.  There is money to be had, here.  I hazard he'll be in it, but his reveal won't be for a while as they're probably working the old kinks out of him.

While I loved playing as Mewtwo and adapted to his wonky controls quickly and actually became a deadly force to be reckoned with against my seasoned friend, I do admit that he could've had some improvements made.  This is Mewtwo, for crying out loud!  The most powerful Pokemon in existence!  And he handled like a slab of sheetrock in a wind storm, and was ranked behind other characters?! 

Take the extra time and do him the justice he deserves.  Give us the nigh-omnipotent beast we so desire!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4188 on: February 24, 2014, 01:52:58 AM
I think he'll be in. Like Sato said, Mewtwo and Lucario have only two real things in common. You can easily re-tool him to put him back in.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4189 on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:39 AM
Wait... What if Mewtwo's Final Smash was the ability to freely switch between his X and Y Mega forms? :O

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4190 on: February 24, 2014, 03:52:32 AM
We'll need a cleanup in Aisle Three if so.  *o*

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4191 on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:30 AM
I have no idea how they can include both Mega Evolutions. As a Final Smash, I don't know if they'd be potent enough as just stat buffs. Changing moves to fit them as well I guess, but that kinda makes them separate characters. So giving the option to choose a Mega Evolution to play as at the start of a match a la Zero Suit would make sense. But then you'd have to give them disadvantages to make regular Mewtwo worth playing as.

If he had just one, this would be easy. I imagine Lucario will get his Mega form as a new Final Smash. But with Mewtwo it's tricky because he has two, and it wouldn't be wise to pick one and exclude the other.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4192 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:51 AM
If both get their Mega Forms as Final Smashes I say Mewtwo should get Y to contrast with Mega Lucario.  Mega Lucario is more Physical and Mega Mewtwo Y is more Special, but both are faster.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4193 on: February 24, 2014, 09:03:29 AM
I was thinking Mewtwo would use Y for aerial attacks and X for ground ones. Freely switching depending on where he is attacking from, kinda like how in Dissida, Cecil switches from Paladin to Dark Knight depending on whether he's doing aerial or ground-based attacks.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #4194 on: March 01, 2014, 02:28:46 PM

Pikachu & Pokemon Trainer on N64:

Samus & Ridley in Melee:

...do we require any further explanation of how relative the concept of "size" is in the Smash Bros. universe?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4195 on: March 01, 2014, 04:53:55 PM
Okay fine.

Point is i'm sick of people bawwing about [tornado fang]ing ridley because they think that Metroid needs more than one rep just because Zelda, Mario and Pokemon have like 4-5 each (It doesn't, Samus is a perfect rep for Metroid, same with Captain Falcon for F-Zero.) And i'm sick of people bawwing about mewtwo, i mean seriously its not a huge deal yet its blown way out of proportion.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #4196 on: March 01, 2014, 08:49:22 PM
If Mewtwo got his mega form/s as his final smash, it'd probably be his Y mega and function similarly to Super Sonic, with him flying around and using a pumped up psychic attack in motion.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #4197 on: March 11, 2014, 01:54:39 AM
Okay fine.

Point is i'm sick of people bawwing about [tornado fang]ing ridley because they think that Metroid needs more than one rep just because Zelda, Mario and Pokemon have like 4-5 each (It doesn't, Samus is a perfect rep for Metroid, same with Captain Falcon for F-Zero.) And i'm sick of people bawwing about mewtwo, i mean seriously its not a huge deal yet its blown way out of proportion.
Ridley should be in because he is awesome.  That is all the reason he needs.  He IS an extremely significant character to the series, along the same lines as Ganondorf to Zelda, however that fact is often overlooked since Metroid is light on narrative.

Mewtwo, also awesome (my 2nd favorite Pokemon after Dragonite).  Also the only non-clone cut from Melee.  But in addition it really was a hell of a letdown to not be able to take him online.  Mewtwo takes a lot of flak for being a very non-conventional and unintuitive character in Melee, and the people who actually did get good using him had something to prove.

It's the internet.  People [sonic slicer] because it's the best and simplest way they know to express their desires as fans.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4198 on: March 11, 2014, 02:06:52 AM
While I'm neither here nor there about having him in, since Captain Syrup is my top priority  8D

Just make him like that or slightly scale him down a bit (not much) and you're done. Extendo tail, fireball launch, Meta Ridley Final Smash. Boom. Out.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4199 on: March 11, 2014, 04:04:20 AM
I wouldn't object to Ridley. I'm not going to get my hopes up either, though.