Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 662317

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3700 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:43 PM
Also any character that Jericho can use well should be removed. (Death to Lucas!)
Joking aside though if they are going to remove clones instead of tweaking them then I wouldnt mind if they became skins for another character. Like Ness/Lucas and Fox/Falco.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #3701 on: June 13, 2013, 07:23:55 PM
I concur. One of the most enjoyable things for me to do in SSB games is learning the complexities and meta-games for each character; so when I run into a clone, I just think: "Aw [tornado fang], this guy is just the same as the other, just better/worse."

Clones just take up space that could have been taken by a unique character that can give a player a unique experience.

And that sounded much less dirty in my head. '>.>

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #3702 on: June 13, 2013, 07:26:42 PM
No no! Down with Marth! I can't let him take over the universe again! D:

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3703 on: June 13, 2013, 07:33:42 PM
Is no one worried that The Villager might be a little "cheap" to play as?

Watch the Developer Direct, and Sakurai states how he'll be able to grab any projectile/blast attack and send it back to his opponent.

So unless you use characters that excel at close-range combat, it seems Villager will always have the advantage against folks like Mega Man, Samus or any one else that specializes in projectile/blast attacks.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3704 on: June 13, 2013, 07:37:04 PM

Watch the Developer Direct, and Sakurai states how he'll be able to grab any projectile/blast attack and send it back to his opponent.

So unless you use characters that excel at close-range combat, it seems Villager will always have the advantage against folks like Mega Man, Samus or any one else that specializes in projectile/blast attacks.

Only the skilled types will be able to do that effectively.

Its like with Toad on Peach, I can't imagine the CPU ever effectively using Villager. So no problems on my end.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3705 on: June 13, 2013, 07:43:54 PM

Fox's reflect sends back everything also (well maybe not the fan, I forget). So I don't think that the grab will be that bad. Some characters have more then one reflect too.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3706 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:58 PM
Keep in mind G&W had the ability to absorb projectiles and toss em back, but that bloody thing is incredibly fickle to use.

The Villager's pick up move seems to have rather case-sensitive timing. He seems like an advanced character to use; considering the pick up needs to be timed correctly and the tree move seems difficult to use because he needs to plant it, grow it, chop it, and knock it down only when the enemy is under it. Plus the bowling ball appears to require strategy to use also. So it all balances out.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3707 on: June 13, 2013, 07:56:53 PM
Yeah, point taken. You would need to practice with him a lot to get the timing down.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #3708 on: June 13, 2013, 08:02:35 PM
-plants tree
-grows tree
-chops tree

Funny thing is, he can do it on the edge too.

And does his capture move only work on the ground? If it doesnt, he could easily take Samus bomb while she's in the morph ball so she cant recover. Dont think it counts as a projectile though.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #3709 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:21 PM
Ridley -
And no, he's NOT too big; Olimar was the size of a nickel in his games.
The thing about that argument was that it had more to do with relative size, in particular relative to Samus - she's already one of the larger characters, having normal human proportions and her magic techno suit on top of that, so Ridley can't be more than maybe a foot taller than her, which would still make him bigger than Bowser or Ganondorf. And a Ridley that's about the same size as Samus would just look weird.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3710 on: June 13, 2013, 08:14:34 PM
The thing about that argument was that it had more to do with relative size, in particular relative to Samus - she's already one of the larger characters, having normal human proportions and her magic techno suit on top of that, so Ridley can't be more than maybe a foot taller than her, which would still make him bigger than Bowser or Ganondorf. And a Ridley that's about the same size as Samus would just look weird.

Perhaps my point hasn't been made clear, let me try again: I REALLY WANT to play [chameleon sting]ing Ridley in SSB4.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #3711 on: June 13, 2013, 08:20:53 PM
Keep in mind G&W had the ability to absorb projectiles and toss em back, but that bloody thing is incredibly fickle to use.

The Villager's pick up move seems to have rather case-sensitive timing. He seems like an advanced character to use; considering the pick up needs to be timed correctly and the tree move seems difficult to use because he needs to plant it, grow it, chop it, and knock it down only when the enemy is under it. Plus the bowling ball appears to require strategy to use also. So it all balances out.

Just as well, it seems he can only catch and release one thing at a time. Grab one Charge Shot, you've got that stored, but you have to release it next time you use that B special to be able to grab another projectile. So you can't just spam it and pull Mega Man's lemons out of the air consecutively.  :D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #3712 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:25 PM

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3713 on: June 13, 2013, 09:09:32 PM
Thank [tornado fang]ing god, I think they realized that people just found it annoying.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3714 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:10 PM

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3715 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
Tripping is no more!
At a time like this, I wish someone made a gif from Chowder where a cake with "YAY" on came into transition because that's exactly what I'm thinking of when I heard no more tripping. 8)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3716 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:35 PM
Why was tripping in Brawl in the first place? I don't see what that accomplished.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3717 on: June 13, 2013, 09:43:01 PM
>There are actually people who think like this

Why. Just... Why.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3718 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Cause people suck. Immensely.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3719 on: June 13, 2013, 09:58:24 PM
That's just... Sad.

Looking at the name and avatar of the second one...

Its a homestuck fan, a rather foul-tempered one who probably posts only yuri fanfics or something. Which is why he's so offended by a fitness character.  ::)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3720 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:18 PM
Don't worry though. You know, being that Wii Fit was insanely popular, he's most likely in the minority! XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3721 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:37 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3722 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:19 PM
One of my friends hates the Wii Fit trainer too, though not for those reasons, he just hates her.  Either way I'll troll him with her when we play together, I'm glad it'll be on the 3DS.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3723 on: June 13, 2013, 10:03:20 PM
I'm glad its on both Wii U and 3DS, portable Smash Bros. is something I've wanted forever, I hope the two versions have some differences though. Like the one on the 3DS having like a different Adventure or something.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3724 on: June 13, 2013, 10:03:38 PM