Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 661758

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #3675 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:01 AM
I feel I should be more explicit with my directions. Give your opinion on which characters might show up in Bitchslap, AND give competent reasoning on why it seems plausible.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3676 on: June 13, 2013, 09:35:44 AM
I gave my reasoning. Accessibility due to his move sets. Plus he's an old character that needs love.

give competent reasoning on why it seems plausible.
Waluigi - You want a better character instead? You wish for your favourite in place of this dope? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME.
Simon Belmont - Because [tornado fang] you, that's why.

welp

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3677 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:54 AM
Since Namco is helping with this it's safe to assume that there will be a namco character in it. That rumor suggested Pac-man. Who would you want to see? Personally I would like to see Sheena.
http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Sheena_Fujibayashi
I could see her being a fantastic fit, honestly.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3678 on: June 13, 2013, 09:43:57 AM
Well played, but Waluigi was there because I thought it would be funny, clearly it wasn't. My feelings towards Simon showing up is very similar to why I wanted Mega Man to show up; I honestly have no logical reason for wanting either in, but if they did I would lose my [parasitic bomb] (Which I did for the latter).

The reasoning part means why he WOULD be in the game, not why he SHOULD be in the game. Ristar can't be in because he is a highly obscure Sega property that is most certainly less marketable than, say Sonic (you may have heard of him).

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3679 on: June 13, 2013, 09:52:57 AM
Well played, but Waluigi was there because I thought it would be funny, clearly it wasn't. My feelings towards Simon showing up is very similar to why I wanted Mega Man to show up; I honestly have no logical reason for wanting either in, but if they did I would lose my [parasitic bomb] (Which I did for the latter).

The reasoning part means why he WOULD be in the game, not why he SHOULD be in the game. Ristar can't be in because he is a highly obscure Sega property that is most certainly less marketable than, say Sonic (you may have heard of him).

Why would Wii Fit Trainer be in the game?
Why was Game & Watch in the game?

Who gives a [tornado fang] why? It's humorous.

In Ristar's case, not humor, but he could be in. Or rather, they wouldn't count him out.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3680 on: June 13, 2013, 10:02:25 AM

This made me smile!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3681 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:35 AM
Since Namco is helping with this it's safe to assume that there will be a namco character in it. That rumor suggested Pac-man. Who would you want to see? Personally I would like to see Sheena.
http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Sheena_Fujibayashi
I guess it would make sense since Symphonia was probably one of the few Nintendo games save for Phantasia and Graces until the recall. 

I personally would love to see Sheena and I believe she's my brother's favorite female character in the game, but I would be okay with Cress or Asbel too in my opinion as long as it's not Lylod.  Nothing against him but I don't want him to be the poster boy of this, but if they decide to use another game in the series I'm all for it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3682 on: June 13, 2013, 10:17:05 AM
Nah, it won't be Lloyd.

It'll be Kratos.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3683 on: June 13, 2013, 10:19:02 AM
Nah, it won't be Lloyd.

It'll be Kratos.
I'm fine with Kratos.  At least he doesn't have pigtails like his son.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3684 on: June 13, 2013, 10:27:11 AM
plus kratos is a badass so there's that too.

his final smash could be him going into angel mode and just wreckin' everyone's [parasitic bomb]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3685 on: June 13, 2013, 10:29:31 AM
plus kratos is a badass so there's that too.

his final smash could be him going into angel mode and just wreckin' everyone's [parasitic bomb]
Either that or Judgement but I'm fine with this since the Wii Fit Girl's final smash is essentially one of Tabuu's attacks.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3686 on: June 13, 2013, 10:34:10 AM
maybe a timer where he flies around for a few seconds and if he can get a hit on someone he'll use Judgment on them?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3687 on: June 13, 2013, 10:34:51 AM
Sure that works.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3688 on: June 13, 2013, 10:45:02 AM
Alright, time for my opinions and such.

Little Mac makes sense.

Mii's I don't personally want because I don't really know what they'd do, though I guess they could be like Villager or something.

Pac-Man is a No Brainer, though personally I hope he comes with a retro styled skin because New Pac-Man looks... wierd.

I wouldn't mind Lucina as she was probably my favorite FE:A, but to all those saying she has tits, she's flat yo.

Regarding a Tales character, I'd personally like Sheena, Presea, Sophie or Lloyd.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3689 on: June 13, 2013, 02:47:14 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62690846&postcount=199%20shows

This is kinda cool and supports PB's Little Mac theory

Posted on: June 13, 2013, 04:13:45 AM

That might be Air Shooter. Check out the Mario vs Mega Man video. He uses it just after time runs out.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205096

The one thing that worries me about Mega Man is that characters with a reflect (like Fox or Pit) will be able to send back most of his "A" attacks. They are almost all projectiles so it will make it really hard to play him if your normal A attacks and forward smash can be reflected back at you.

Posted on: June 13, 2013, 05:06:34 AM
"http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/596270-so-i-just-got-off-twitter-with-sakurai/"

So I found this. Possible Issac?

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3690 on: June 13, 2013, 02:52:31 PM
I'd hope so. He needs much more than just that Assist Trophy appearance.

Also I'd laugh if Isaac used a moveset similar to what I made for Matthew in the Bitchslap thread >0<

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3691 on: June 13, 2013, 04:32:08 PM
Of course Little Mac is in it. THE STAGE IS A RING.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3692 on: June 13, 2013, 04:39:17 PM
Yeah, I don't really think there could be any more concrete evidence.

Little Mac will probably be fun.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3693 on: June 13, 2013, 06:27:57 PM
Why would Wii Fit Trainer be in the game?
Why was Game & Watch in the game?

Who gives a [tornado fang] why? It's humorous.

In Ristar's case, not humor, but he could be in. Or rather, they wouldn't count him out.

Your right, sorry about that. I was being too serious for my own hubris. Lets move on before I get strangled by the ban noose or something.

Like my assumptions on who, from the past games (veterans), will be returning! :D

Luigi - Really? Do I even need to explain? Ignoring Year of Luigi, he is the second most iconic playable character in the Mario games and was part of the Original 12.
Peach - Considering she was intended to be playable since the beginning, she will return. Besides, Bowser's in the game, he'll need someone to kidnap.
Yoshi - Part of the Original 12 and he has 2 new games coming out. DUH.
Wario - His Warioware games sell well and they made a huge deal out of his appearance in the last game.
Zelda/Sheik - Now, I'm not exactly sure if Sheik will remain a part of Zelda considering Sheik didn't show up in the last game. I'm banking on Sheik becoming her own character. Then again, I was proven wrong when Brawl came out. One thing sure is that Zelda will be redesigned to appear as a realistic version as her incarnation from Skyward Sword.
Meta Knight - Sakurai obviously likes him, and so do I. Also, TOP TIER.
King Dedede - He was intended to be playable since the first game, so yeah. Plus he's voiced by Miyamoto, which is always awesome.
Ganondorf - Now this guy I really hope gets revamped with his trademark sword(s) in mind. I honestly don't understand why he had to be a clone of Falcon at all (What's the correlation?). I do hope he keeps his Side B Flame Choke, which was the only move from Brawl that actually made sense for him.
Captain Falcon - Of course he's going to be in; he was part of the Original 12. Besides, he'll return by factor of FALCON PUNCH.
Falco - While I really don't like clones, hardcore tourney players do like him. And he certainly has a better chance of returning than Wolf.
Jigglypuff - Now, this little cream puff may be the only one that can actually go both ways. Either they bring her back just to [tornado fang] with everyone or she will be replaced. Though she was part of the Original 12, she is probably the most expendable due to her forgettability.
Ness - It's a sad state of affairs that I have to state that a characters return was not because of the popularity of his franchise. Ness will return not because how much of a cult classic the original Mother games were, but because he was part of the Original 12 and is an iconic piece of the Smash Bros. community. And he was the original WTF character.
Diddy Kong - A new DKC game involving him is coming out and he was a fun character to play in Brawl.
Ice Climbers - A favourite amongst those with INHUMANE playing ability. The asynchronous duo will likely return.
Sonic - Nintendo has a deal with Sega for the blue rodent's appearance in the Olympic games and they are both collaborating on 3 new Sonic games exclusive on Nintendo consoles, including the upcoming Sonic: Lost World. It is possible he may have been replaced by Mega Man as the de facto 3rd party character but, since Brawl, I can't really imagine the upcoming Smash games without him now. Oh, and replace his redundant Side B please!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3694 on: June 13, 2013, 06:29:37 PM
The one thing that worries me about Mega Man is that characters with a reflect (like Fox or Pit) will be able to send back most of his "A" attacks. They are almost all projectiles so it will make it really hard to play him if your normal A attacks and forward smash can be reflected back at you.

If they're his A attacks, I doubt highly that they will be reflectable.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3695 on: June 13, 2013, 06:48:38 PM
If they're his A attacks, I doubt highly that they will be reflectable.
You have reflected Snake's Up smash with Fox......

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3696 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:50 PM
What was his up smash again?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #3697 on: June 13, 2013, 07:00:40 PM
What was his up smash again?

The upward grenade launcher thing.

Going back a few topics in this thread re: Fire Emblem characters, I really think that after Awakening and the strong performance it put up and high visibility it gave the series, there's no justice if the series doesn't get three reps (4 in my batshit fantasy realm). I'd handle it as such:

Marth: Pretty much permanently the face of the franchise in Smash because of seniority as the first main character and being a cornerstone in the game from Melee onward.

Chrom + Lucina: The new hotness. Duo'd up to play off of their relationship within Fire Emblem Awakening, one of the defining mechanics in the game (the double arts/offense), and to further explore the Ice Climbers "duality" concept in the roster because let's be honest, that gimmick has WAY more potential that isn't being used currently.

Tharja: An alternative to the mandatory Fire Emblem "sword dudes/dudettes 'r us" that everyone expects. Brings another fun female into the mix, magic based gameplay which can lead to takes better or more alternative than Zelda's (who is pretty much the only other character in the previous rosters that uses magic...) and of course dat ass.

At the same time I said keep Ike and whatnot previously, I wouldn't be too upset if he got replaced. On the other hand, I firmly believe that this Smash should not be about removing or replacing characters and should instead be about bolstering series numbers and making every cast member as unique and well realized as possible.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3698 on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:53 PM
I think the projectile thing will be both Mega Man's advantage and his disadvantage. You have to smartly use your projectiles rather than spamming them against certain match ups. Also, remember Mega has a decent reservoir of physical moves also: his Flame Sword, Slash Claw, Flame Blast, Spark Shock, Charge Kick, Top Spin, Rush Coil (if it works like G&W's recovery), and Mega Upper.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3699 on: June 13, 2013, 07:09:11 PM
I firmly believe that this Smash should not be about removing or replacing characters and should instead be about bolstering series numbers and making every cast member as unique and well realized as possible.

So long as clone characters are made more unique or different. Hell speaking of Clones bring back Dr. Mario as a Skin of Mario, that would be great.