Akamaru · 662288

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2525 on: July 17, 2009, 09:41:09 AM
Wow for once PBs teleport to death cost me aa match

I guess there's a first time for everything!  Also, man what was up on Eldin Bridge that one time? 

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #2526 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:08 AM
wow that could have won it for me

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2527 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:57 AM
Never mind that the whole match was against me, that last second Fire Punch was WTF cool. XD

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #2528 on: July 17, 2009, 10:00:12 AM
dont like this stage going to get a drink

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2529 on: July 17, 2009, 10:01:55 AM
[tornado fang] YOU PB. [tornado fang]. YOU. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2530 on: July 17, 2009, 11:20:43 AM
[tornado fang] YOU PB. [tornado fang]. YOU. XD

I lost track.  Which match was this for?  XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2531 on: July 17, 2009, 04:38:58 PM
1. Who's Maru?

2. Bogrd was me.

3. I'd rather be hit with a tourney-[Top Spin] style than 100 thrown eggs a match. Jeebus. =P

4. ...I picked FD once. What the hell crawled up said Super Dragon ass?
1. Akamaru
2. Hooray, sorry for the mixup.
3. BUT I STILL HUNGRY!!!
4. When everybody, EVERY SINGLE BASIC BRAWL (nobody here is ever online at 5:30-6), picks it, you get sick of it, no matter how good the music is.  But it wasn't FD itself so much as your reliance on a level playing field with minimal platforms.  The same applies to Spear Pillar; ordinarily one of my stronger stages.  I also figure it's a safe bet you were the one to leave the items off.

Seriously, about the eggs, Yoshi is not a speed/range/priority abuser, he is a trickster.  I play him as a trickster, get over it.  Any other player would have found a way through the egg barrage ages ago, with how slow they are it's not that hard.  Plenty other characters have far more abusable projectile arsenals than that (Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, ROB, and Zelda, to name a few).

To reiterate:
Chill legend, Shell only confused you for someone else =P

I don't care that I won that last one.  [tornado fang] YOU, YOU CRESCENT [sonic slicer].  I'M GOING TO CATCH YOU AND BRING YOU IN AGAINST LVL100 LEGENDARIES JUST TO WATCH YOU DIE!
Funny thing is I can give a turn-by-turn account of that Crescent [sonic slicer] giving me the edge against the likes of Latios, Kyogre, and Mewtwo in Stargazer Colosseum. 8)  She's not worth much on the offensive but she's awesome for support.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2532 on: July 17, 2009, 08:24:40 PM
Funny thing is I can give a turn-by-turn account of that Crescent [sonic slicer] giving me the edge against the likes of Latios, Kyogre, and Mewtwo in Stargazer Colosseum. 8)  She's not worth much on the offensive but she's awesome for support.

She. Is. WORTHLESS.  If I bring her in to fight, she might [tornado fang]ing attack me!  NO, I WANT TO WATCH HER BURN!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2533 on: July 17, 2009, 11:21:49 PM
She Icy Winded Latios to slow him so that my Palkia could Spacial Rend him into oblivion, Helping Handed Surf to OHKO Mewtwo and half-damage Kyogre, and Light Screened just to [acid burst] the enemy off further.  I like her. 8)

Well, PB, here's something you ought to enjoy.  An "unintended side-effect" of a hatless Mario hack. :V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQVhwbY6eeY
I gotta tell you, having verified this myself, the spike placement when Peach down-throws Bowser is so incredibly wrong.

It also wipes out the back half of Luigi's head; he's reduced to a face and ears.  No effect on Zelda, though.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2534 on: July 18, 2009, 02:42:38 AM

4. When everybody, EVERY SINGLE BASIC BRAWL (nobody here is ever online at 5:30-6), picks it, you get sick of it, no matter how good the music is.  But it wasn't FD itself so much as your reliance on a level playing field with minimal platforms.  The same applies to Spear Pillar; ordinarily one of my stronger stages.  I also figure it's a safe bet you were the one to leave the items off.

Seriously, about the eggs, Yoshi is not a speed/range/priority abuser, he is a trickster.  I play him as a trickster, get over it.  Any other player would have found a way through the egg barrage ages ago, with how slow they are it's not that hard.  Plenty other characters have far more abusable projectile arsenals than that (Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, ROB, and Zelda, to name a few).

But...I only picked it once. D=

However, I pick level playing fields because they're fair. A slope that pretty much takes all the thought out of edgeguarding TAKES ALL THE THOUGHT OUT OF EDGEGUARDING. I find edgeguarding fun, sir. =/

Also, no, I didn't leave the items off. See, there you go assuming stuff again. I set them on "low" cuz I don't want Smash Balls clogging the screen every 5 seconds.

Tricky gameplay and camping are two different things. Considering how large DK's hitbox is and how awkward the lag was, as well as those friggin' spinning boxes...

Seriously, don't get offended by this, but...I pick stages with level floors so things like what happened last night don't happen every time I play the game. =/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2535 on: July 18, 2009, 02:55:20 AM
I apologize for the fact that speculation offends you.  I said myself I was guessing.

Was I camping?  Yes.  Because if your opponent doesn't do jack, you don't have a reason to move.  Camping only works for as long as your opponent fails to disrupt it, and again, Yoshi is a pretty lousy camper compared to the others out there.  The angle works in my favor if I'm at the base of the hill, this is true, but then I spent a lot of time nailing you from across the pit.

Not as if you didn't approach me a few times, either.  You just failed to connect.  Either one of us can nail the other when they're on the offensive, that's fine and dandy, but SOMEBODY has to make the first approach.  The eggs simply force you to do it.  :P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2536 on: July 18, 2009, 03:14:00 AM
But...I only picked it once. D=

However, I pick level playing fields because they're fair. A slope that pretty much takes all the thought out of edgeguarding TAKES ALL THE THOUGHT OUT OF EDGEGUARDING. I find edgeguarding fun, sir. =/

Also, no, I didn't leave the items off. See, there you go assuming stuff again. I set them on "low" cuz I don't want Smash Balls clogging the screen every 5 seconds.

I'm just going to step in here for a moment and defend Hypershell here.  I can understand his assumptions, because the last time I played you one on one, you picked Final Destination EVERY SINGLE time we played, with no items.  Not low items, no items, because no items showed up.  It was literally the equivalent of the Melee saying FOX ONLY, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION.  So it's easy to assume that you play tourney style. 

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2537 on: July 18, 2009, 03:36:38 AM
And...how long ago was that? And...I recall playing on Frigate Orpheon at least once. That IS my favorite stage aside from Castle Siege, which I know Shell remembers playing on. I lurv exhibit A. <3

Plus, why defend a groundless assumption? =/

Look, regardless of whether that happened or not (And I don't think it did, personally), I didn't do it THIS time.

And Shell. It's not speculation that offended me, it's the fact that you assumed I was a tourney-[Top Spin] who sucks when he's not on FD. Which may actually have some truth, but then again, that's because I like solid flat ground over scrolling stages, I like places with regular platforms over places where it's hard to approach people, etc, etc.

At least you admitted to camping.

Anyways. I realize that there were options I overlooked when playing, so I'm not blameless either. So...yeah.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2538 on: July 18, 2009, 03:53:01 AM
it's the fact that you assumed I was a tourney-[Top Spin] who sucks when he's not on FD.
To be fair, I got my ass whipped like hell on the pirate ship.  I maintain that that stage hates me, why I don't know, it just does.

But also to be fair, never were there no items when I was whipping Taiyo's butt.  You join, and two or three have none.  Including Yoshi's Island Melee, 'cuz for as long as I was tossing egg in your face, nothing but that ever landed.  You might want to consider moving up to Medium.

I'm just saying, your presence caused an abrupt enough shift in the match setup that I took notice.  Easily.  If it came off as exaggerated over the course of 5 matches, 1 of which I was out in a salt-water/cannonball haze, then I'm sorry.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2539 on: July 18, 2009, 03:59:32 AM
Like hell I will. 8D

I don't know what happened before I came in, I could just as easily tell you or Taiyo to switch to medium, especially considering I had items on. =/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2540 on: July 18, 2009, 05:11:58 AM
Well, enough talking about topics older than slimey move-in-day hot dogs.

I'm jumping online and Smashing.  Here's hoping somebody joins.  Infinite replay code will be on tonight, so if I disconnect mid-match, it's not by choice, and I will return (maybe keeping the matches short will help minimize/eliminate that, I suspect there's a memory issue with playing too many matches that way).

Posted on: July 17, 2009, 10:22:08 PM
Legend, "somebody" means you're welcome too.  I see you online. =P

Or I can just slurp n' burp Jelly.

Posted on: July 17, 2009, 10:38:08 PM
THAT IS WHY I HATE THE TIMER!

BTW, Jelly, you suck.  You NEVER attack someone mid-taunt in Sudden Death.  It's like, an unwritten rule.  >.>

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2541 on: July 18, 2009, 05:40:08 AM
That time was my mistake, I thought you had thrown out a dodge roll for a quick second and did the neutral A in the air until I saw your taunt box. XD

Meanwhile, that last match, I knew I wasn't going anywhere, so why not Falcon Panch the blast box? XD

Posted on: July 17, 2009, 11:16:34 PM
BEST ENDING EVER! BEST ENDING EVER! XD

I swear, everytime I play on the Ice Climbers' Summit, some hilariously epic [parasitic bomb] goes down. XD

Posted on: July 17, 2009, 11:26:15 PM
8D

Posted on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:44 PM
Wow, just what I needed to see after a stunning defeat. An upskirt shot of Daisy Peach. XD XD XD

Posted on: July 17, 2009, 11:36:21 PM
I need to remember not to use fire/electricity moves when you people decide that you wanna play hothead wars. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2542 on: July 18, 2009, 05:42:08 AM
You should see it on my end. =P

I can tell I'm tired, but I don't care much tonight.  Fun is fun.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2543 on: July 18, 2009, 05:49:41 AM
Yay, I'm invited!

Joining. =D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2544 on: July 18, 2009, 06:00:12 AM
Now how the hell did I come in last while YOU got all the pity Final Smashes?!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2545 on: July 18, 2009, 06:08:27 AM
God I suck now. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2546 on: July 18, 2009, 06:12:48 AM
So, who's hosting?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2547 on: July 18, 2009, 06:13:37 AM
Hyper right now, although the room is full since Legend & his cousin are there with me and Hyper.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2548 on: July 18, 2009, 06:18:45 AM
Well, who do I play with then D:

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2549 on: July 18, 2009, 06:23:20 AM
Not sure. Also, my grammar is atrocious when I have to rapid fire responses.

Also, LET'S PLAY SHINE TAG EVERYONE! XD