Expanded Screen
Touch Screen QuickEquip
Retranslation
Blood
Respriting
3D Effects
Engine Optimization To Reduce Slowdown
Added Playable Characters
Cross-Game Interoporability(Weapons/Armor)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: May 15, 2010, 01:27:34 AM
But you forget that this is Rockman Zero,

Oh I know. That's why this entire idea will never become real.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28:25 AM
But we can dream!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: May 15, 2010, 01:35:05 AM
I just want a 3D Megaman game, where Zero can utilize his 3D environment to murder everything around him, in quote: "Zero style".
be it X or Zero series.

If we go that way, we can put Kratos in a Zero Cosplay and unleash him on Dr.Vile.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: May 15, 2010, 01:36:42 AM
If we go that way, we can put Kratos in a Zero Cosplay and unleash him on Dr.Vile.
..........!

You just gave me the FUNNIEST image of Kratos modded to look like Zero.
Oh god, Manly Zero.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: May 15, 2010, 01:44:36 AM
You know rated M stands not for Mature, but for Manly and perhaps Massaker.

I have a better idea. We need a soziopathic Kratos Zero picture!

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: May 15, 2010, 05:24:33 PM
But you forget that this is Rockman Zero, otherwise you want to update X7 or Legends with Devil May Cry gameplay mechanics, then we have a good compromise. ^^

Edit: God of War mechanics would be also nice.
DMC gameplay sidescroller in 3D.

Easy mode uses GOW gameplay.

Posted on: May 15, 2010, 09:13:44 AM
Too bad that we hadn't this Zero in the games. His appearance just looks in design terms much better. Worth to mention, he got his Z sign on his shoulder back.
What I also enjoy is, that he wears for real now a breast plate along with other armour parts, instead of a plain vest.
I think MX gear fits very well. In the Zero series his armor is minimalistic and MX fits that objective while actually being armor.

Posted on: May 15, 2010, 09:20:45 AM
PS: Unlockable skin...Leathers.

PPS: What happened to bikes and ride armors?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #157 on: May 31, 2010, 09:19:12 PM
Ages ago.  But it's always nice to look again.

Posted on: May 15, 2010, 10:57:01 PM
Posting my full impressions of the updated Zero Collection website here, seeings how this is the actual Zero Collection thread.

In Character Profiles, now in Cerveau's room, those characters who appeared in both versions of the site (Zero, Ciel, X, etc.) appear to be the same.  However, we lost Hirondelle, Cyber-Elves, and Neo Arcadia, and gained two pages, one for Copy X and one for the Big Four.  Quick glance shows mentions of DNA and the number 5 in Copy X's page, so they could be going into the soul-split there and how it impacted him (Zan hereby has my permission to beat Marshmallow with a fish for translations).  In addition, there's a metric ton of Z2-Z4 character pages (Elpizo, Dark Elf, Weil, Omega, Weil's Numbers, Neige, Caravan, Craft, Einherjar), weapon pages (you know the drill, all 7 are there), and Cyber-Elf pages (individual pages for Nurse, Animal, and Hacker elves; nothing that matches the original Cyber-Elf page).

I see no trace of the previous and very controversial "Zero 0" backstory timeline.  Note that Alouette's room is still locked so it could be in there, but I'd think it odd to seal away something that was previously the meat of the site.

The game-specific stories in Ciel's room appear to match those which Rodrigo hacked previously, but the Z1 page has been shortened (it cuts off right before the sentence that specifically mentions Ciel).  Also, while the text of other pages matches, the paragraph/line spacing does not (I gather Marshmallow or Rod had to speculate on that part, or something).

Video room now includes a short demo of the Recoil Rod for some reason, after the original trailer.  Unknown whether or not more will follow, but the player is design in such a way that it can accommodate it.

In addition to Alouette's room, there's also a locked tab in the desktop images, so there's probably more coming there as well.  Unless of course they have an entirely separate category of downloadables?  Dunno.

The new page has actual screenshots of the game's control options, with the bottom screen assuming a real function this time: designating the X and Y buttons to mimick either the A, B, R, or L buttons (add Select to that if playing Z4), while the top screen shows the unmodified GBA options.  This pretty much confirms the "quick and dirty emulation" theory beyond the shadow of a doubt.  I would also like to add, it seemingly flies in the face of 1-Up's previous claims that you cannot assign all 4 commands to A, B, X, and Y (you would simply assign X and Y to R and L).  Maybe what he meant to say was that you cannot fix it so that L and R do nothing?  *shrugs*  He was right in saying that it's not intuitive, since managing that mimickery without the ability to cancel the original buttons could be a bit of an issue.  ZC's control screen does show the actual commands for all six (or seven in Z4) buttons that you end up with, though, so that ought to make life a little easier.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: May 31, 2010, 11:51:28 PM
These developers most be really lazy. Now what comes next? No additional Rods in the other games? (Cervau: "I'm sorry Zero you broke them so no (insert name) Rod for you anymore")
And no use of the ZX Damage Formular for Zero 1-4?
The worst thing will be for me, if they still use that horrible GBA music.

Compare the SNES version with the GBA version of Zero's Theme!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: June 01, 2010, 12:01:11 AM
I'm mostly interested in the new arts.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: June 01, 2010, 12:46:44 AM
I'm mostly interested in the new arts.

Indeed.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #161 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:00 PM
These developers most be really lazy. Now what comes next? No additional Rods in the other games? (Cervau: "I'm sorry Zero you broke them so no (insert name) Rod for you anymore")
The worst thing will be for me, if they still use that horrible GBA music.

Compare the SNES version with the GBA version of Zero's Theme!
I think the GBA version is supposed to be a bit of a remix of the original... not a straight conversion...

I happen to like the GBA version. It fits the feel of the Zero series much better than if they'd just brought the original to it.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: June 01, 2010, 06:14:47 PM
So, on the top screen I set the GBA buttons and on the top I set the DS buttons to relay to the GBA buttons? This still means I can assign Sabre to A and Buster to Y. It's not that bad. I hope. Still no hope for a third equipped weapon though. Would be nice to always have Shield on L.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: June 01, 2010, 08:16:34 PM

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: June 01, 2010, 09:47:33 PM

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:58 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Weil should be in his sabre?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: June 02, 2010, 04:04:57 AM
It's not that surprising when you considered what happened to the "spiritual successor" to the series.  BN/SF are in the same boat.  Sales (in Japan anyway, Capcom doesn't care elsewhere) sloped down until they were no longer considered acceptable to keep making sequels, so they're returning to the characters (and whatever gameplay qwirks that didn't occur to them) that they previously left behind in the generation shift.  BN/SF attempted that with a single game remake/crossover, which tanked.  Zero is taking the more budget approach, and God willing more successful, or else the MegaMan Universe/Online rumors are our only hope for anything outside of the NES style.

Much as I'd like to see a "Mario All Stars" style updated collection, I can understand why Capcom wouldn't be keen on the idea.

I think the GBA version is supposed to be a bit of a remix of the original... not a straight conversion...
If that's not obvious from the first note, it should be in at least the first 30 seconds.

I like both.  Sue me.  There are a lot of versions of the X1 Zero theme, and all of them rock many socks (although I do wish that MHX's actually looped properly; fitting for the in-game scenes but horrendous for ripped listening).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #167 on: June 02, 2010, 04:26:30 AM
I liked Operate Shooting Star...

Also, I like all of the many versions of the X1 Zero theme...

And if the GBA hardware can't convert SNES music as properly as it should and ruins it, as you so wrongly claim, then how is it that most straight ports of SNES games on the GBA sound EXACTLY THE SAME? Just curious, Thanatos.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:13 AM
then how is it that most straight ports of SNES games on the GBA sound EXACTLY THE SAME? Just curious, Thanatos.

Compare them side by side and the differences are clear. The SNES had more sound channels than the GBA, and it shows in ports especially. A good example is Megaman & Bass.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #169 on: June 02, 2010, 06:40:30 AM
Well it's not as bad as Thanatos makes it sound.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: June 03, 2010, 09:43:25 PM
Well it's not as bad as Thanatos makes it sound.
I can attest that, in the case of R

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: June 04, 2010, 04:03:23 AM
And if the GBA hardware can't convert SNES music as properly as it should and ruins it, as you so wrongly claim, then how is it that most straight ports of SNES games on the GBA sound EXACTLY THE SAME? Just curious, Thanatos.
They don't.  I personally think the GBA MM&B actually sounds better, but regardless, you have clearly not played Super Mario World on the GBA.

I don't think it's a matter of one being superior to the other, personally.  But the GBA does use a different method and on its own cannot duplicate the SNES.  At least not at the same time it's running a game, anyway.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #172 on: June 04, 2010, 07:21:00 AM
Yeah, I was wrong on that. My bad. I do realize the difference. The point remains: it's not as bad as Thanatos makes it sound, and the example he used was a remix, not a straight conversion as in MM&B and SMW.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: June 04, 2010, 05:23:34 PM
I can attest that, in the case of R
I forgot what I wrote. I guess it really is a secret to everyone.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: June 04, 2010, 08:38:34 PM
Speaking of Zero and music...

Remastered Tracks RMZ Mythos page updated with samples (thank ye, MMN and HeatMan).

Now THAT is how you do a Hell's Gate Open remix! 8)