STM · 5352

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
on: January 19, 2010, 06:44:14 AM
From MMN:

Those of you in North America and Europe waiting for Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star to be localized may have to throw in the towel and just import. It doesn’t sound like Capcom thinks the game will be viable in the market, or perhaps there are other reasons. Needless to to say, Christian Svensson of Capcom of America has this to say over at Capcom*Unity: “For the moment, no plans for a Western release.”

As you know, the game pretty much amounts to a modified port of Battle Network 1 with two new bosses and a multiplayer arena. The game sold pretty badly in Japan, where Battle Network and Star Force usually fair better in sales. At this point, you can kiss a localization good bye unless you all stir up enough noise. In all honesty? This isn't Tatsu vs. Capcom and chances are slim to nil at best. There's still always importing...

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 06:47:56 AM
I remember reading about this yesterday. I lol'd.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:34:19 AM
And nothing of value was lost.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 07:36:31 AM
Honestly, the only reason I'd want to play is due to the fact that I haven't tried BN1 yet, and I'd be killing 2 birds with one stone by getting it.   Still, it really doesn't feel like a loss, as it didn't look too much like a quality update.
At this point, you can kiss a localization good bye unless you all stir up enough noise.

That wasn't a Star Force pun, was it?  8D

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 07:56:04 AM
Nobody wants a shitty port with next to nothing new, which CoJ falsely advertised as something far better.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 09:47:19 AM

Indeed.

That wasn't a Star Force pun, was it?  8D
...it's definitely an unintentional one! XD

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:23:48 AM
What about the rumor that they were going to bring over only the Colosseum mini-games?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 11:59:41 AM
That's still going to happen I guess. But only for DSi. o.o; </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 09:23:09 PM
Hmm, I was actually thinking about checking this out, because I've never played the first one before. Well, I haven't played much of it anyway.

But yeah, they probably could've done some better things with the port than they did to make it an actual remake, just by hearing everyone here talk about it and the videos/screenshots.

It could be that people don't like Star Force and since this is related to Star Force...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 09:35:25 PM
No, its because CoJ kept hyping this thing up, with cool images and the big tease of a BN Subaru being playable, and something having to do with timetravel. They were hyping it up as if it were a completely new adventure. And then... It was just a port with an extra chapter. You Only got Subaru like what, halfway through? And the extra cenario had no impact on the actual story.

And it was just a port. Not even a remake of BN1, but a straight up port, with next to no differences.(outside of the extra scenario)

They hyped it up really big, and then dropped a fail bomb...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.