Horrible shows...

Sapphire Knight · 17531

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 28, 2010, 01:42:40 AM
Any 4Kids dub, One Piece being in mind. Urgh, they just do a horrible job at it, from the unnecessary censoring to the horrible voice choices to the God-awful rap. The only anime they should dub are those meant FOR KIDS, not teenagers and up.

Not to mention a complete supression of the Japanese culture.

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #76 on: January 28, 2010, 05:02:12 AM
 I hate American TV as a whole. Sure I watch BBC America but its better than anything I see on TV.
Top Gear~

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #77 on: January 28, 2010, 10:00:30 PM
Not to mention a complete supression of the Japanese culture.
Jelly donuts? Seriously?  -AC
I used to not mind Naruto. I never LIKED it per se- but it was interesting to read. Then it became so mainstream and over popularized, (and God damn the Narutards...) That now I cant stand it. It makes me sick.
I like it more when it was newer, but now it's sort of a "guilty pleasure", as I only watch the subbed ones now.  The whole mainstream thing annoys me, though, and the American censorship is ridiculous.  What killed the dubs for me was the whole change of "Drunken Fist" to "Loopy Fist"; that's just plain sloppy.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #78 on: January 28, 2010, 10:03:41 PM
What killed the dubs for me was the whole change of "Drunken Fist" to "Loopy Fist"; that's just plain sloppy.
Plus, changing "sake" to "elixer".

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #79 on: January 28, 2010, 11:47:37 PM
Very CN Real show on Cartoon Network. They are un-original and they can suck major -- Burn Rooster! -- for all I care. I mean look at The Othersiders, does it look like a certain show on the Sy-fy Channel to any of you...? -AC

More TV shows that I hate are anything dubbed by 4Kids, like their dubbing of One Piece. They completely ruined that show... T_T

Posted on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:34 PM
I hate American TV as a whole. Sure I watch BBC America but its better than anything I see on TV.
Top Gear~

I wish I could get into Top Gear because I keep hearing how awesome it is on This is Not an Anime Podcast, even though I'm not into cars, but sadly I don't have BBC on my satellite subscription... ;^;

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 11:50:22 PM
I remember watching an episode of Top Gear in English class once (the teacher literally was English). In the episode we watched, they had to drive three old run-down cars through a desert and other parts of Africa. If any of their cars broke down (which they did), and couldn't be fixed, they'd have to drive a Beetle for the rest of the competition. It was pretty funny.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 29, 2010, 12:00:16 AM
I remember watching an episode of Top Gear in English class once (the teacher literally was English). In the episode we watched, they had to drive three old run-down cars through a desert and other parts of Africa. If any of their cars broke down (which they did), and couldn't be fixed, they'd have to drive a Beetle for the rest of the competition. It was pretty funny.

.... I must watch this show now. TO FAILTUBE~! >w<

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:06 AM
That one filler season of Yugioh with that guy with the 2 different colored eyes.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #83 on: January 29, 2010, 02:03:00 AM
Plus disney's latest show to thier unfunny live reality musician series. Ugh.  -AC

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #84 on: January 29, 2010, 08:12:05 PM
I wish I could get into Top Gear because I keep hearing how awesome it is on This is Not an Anime Podcast, even though I'm not into cars, but sadly I don't have BBC on my satellite subscription... ;^;

Seriously you don't have to be into cars.
I actually learn things about cars, like the Mustang Shelby GT 500 is close, but not even 500 horsepower.

Oh god that reminds me of James May's hate of Volkswagon lol

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: January 31, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
Plus, changing "sake" to "elixer".
Really, do you think that would have passed the CN censors? I don't think adults would have like seeing their children seeing a form of alcohol on an anime for younger viewers. Besides, Naruto fared off better than most stuff. Compare VIZ Media's dub of it to 4Kids' dub of One Piece. Hell, the latter's dub of Shaman King was better than dub of One Piece.

And not all of 4Kids dubs suck. I heard great stuff about their dubs of Ultimate Muscle, Dinosaur King, and Huntik: Seekers and Secrets. Even Smesiriki(GoGoRiki), despite bowderlization.

4Kids Entertainment is dying anyway. Why bother bashing?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 31, 2010, 02:38:53 PM
4Kids Entertainment is dying anyway. Why bother bashing?
Because Japan Lovers can't get enough of it.
"KUSO! THIS $KIDS IS SO TEMEYARO!"

I [parasitic bomb] you not, I remember reading somewhere a sentence like the one above I wrote.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: February 01, 2010, 12:01:38 AM
Proof 4Kids is dying: Not even Yugioh can save it. In fact, they removed 5D's from the lineup. (good riddance)
Also I liked the original Yugioh's dub. I thought it was alright. I didnt particularly care for the eeeey brooklyn! Joey, but it worked out.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 01, 2010, 12:57:33 AM
Proof 4Kids is dying: Not even Yugioh can save it. In fact, they removed 5D's from the lineup. (good riddance)
Also I liked the original Yugioh's dub. I thought it was alright. I didnt particularly care for the eeeey brooklyn! Joey, but it worked out.
New episodes are being shown on CN.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: February 01, 2010, 01:25:12 AM
orly?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 01, 2010, 07:32:51 PM
More stuff of American TV that I absolute can't stand, namely certain shows on Cartoon Network...

Bakugan: Battle Brawlers
I personally find the anime series as a big Yu-Gi-Oh! wannabe like Duel Masters, especially in the second season.

Hot Wheels Battle Force 5
Why?

Pokemon DP anime series
I may get flamed by Pokemon anime fans for this, but the animes is redundant for a LONG time now, and I'm getting sick of seeing Team Rocket attempt to steal Ash's Pikachu for over 10 years now... These two should kill themselves because the world doesn't need people who are stupid as them.

Johnny Test
Lame, over-used catchphrases like "I didn't that one coming," cheezy jokes and lame parodies of other great stuff like Scooby-Doo and Star Wars just sickens me... Also, the mole people are portrayed as male homosexual stereotypes (The Village People) in their appearance.

Casper's Scare School (TV series)
Why?

Chop Socky Chooks
Asian stereotypes plus f'ugly "chicken" designs and lame jokes.

George of the Jungle (2008)
Why?

MTV reality shows.
It sucks. Period. I miss the good old days of Beavis and Butt-head.

Reality shows in general
Really, I don't care about this person is cheating on someone or this person has the ability to speak to the dead. It all sucks equally.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #91 on: February 01, 2010, 07:40:06 PM
More stuff of American TV that I absolute can't stand, namely certain shows on Cartoon Network...

Bakugan: Battle Brawlers
I personally find the anime series as a big Yu-Gi-Oh! wannabe like Duel Masters, especially in the second season.

Err.. this anime series is dubbed.

And yeah, it does have ups and downs too.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: February 01, 2010, 07:45:35 PM
Pokemon DP anime series
I may get flamed by Pokemon anime fans for this, but the animes is redundant for a LONG time now, and I'm getting sick of seeing Team Rocket attempt to steal Ash's Pikachu for over 10 years now... These two should kill themselves because the world doesn't need people who are stupid as them.

And that's why I keep saying that they should just end it already and animate Pokemon Special.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #93 on: February 01, 2010, 08:27:32 PM
And that's why I keep saying that they should just end it already and animate Pokemon Special.

I wish the actual games could be like that. I wanna ride a Rapidash and stuff :c

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 18, 2010, 09:39:53 PM
Phineas and ferb
Chowder
The misadventures of flapjack
Any other new cartoon network shows
Ugh.... Fanboy and Chum Chum

Any other shows?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 18, 2010, 11:07:36 PM
Was there really a need to bump this? You didn't explain why you didn't like those shows. Lists are annoying, nobody likes them without people explaining why.

Anyway:

I think the only show that is on right now that I really don't care for is Johnny Test, the god damn thing has been run into the ground with 10+ hours of it on the CN schedule. Plus Johnny is in all respects, a character with no redeeming values, he is just a selfish snobbish brat and eveything that happens in the show is more or less his fault.