Sigma and the Jakob Project

Jetfire · 5867

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: January 08, 2010, 06:32:16 AM
Sigma said that the Jakob project was "all his doing." Was he referring to the fact that his rebellions created man's desire to leave the planet, or was he saying that he actually manipulated government leaders into doing it? If so how could he have done that?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:38:26 AM
Can't you make a thread called: "JETFIRE'S RETARDED QUESTIONS REGARDING PLOT OF A GAME FOR CHILDREN", and just post all those questions there?
Or even better, I suggest that some mod or admin or whatever should just merge all his threads into one.

Meh...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 07:12:17 AM
You clearly have no sense to actually think things through and actually evaluate the story and dialogue, do you?
Go back, play X8, and actually pay attention to the whole plot behind the New Generation. THEN come back, and see if that's answered your question.
If it hasn't, then I'm afraid we can't help you.
Can't you make a thread called: "JETFIRE'S RETARDED QUESTIONS REGARDING PLOT OF A GAME FOR CHILDREN", and just post all those questions there?
I suggest a Mod/Admin give that title to the merger of all his threads.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:57:37 PM
In other words, you two don't know either.

I personally feel the English game is less than clear. What with Sigma saying "all his doing" and then Lumine disagreeing by implicating it's only natural that Sigma's DNA was included. The Japanese script makes Sigma a bit more precise "from the very planning stages, the Jakob Project was all my doing."

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 05:03:27 PM
What was it Sigma got out of going to the moon anyway?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 06:49:19 PM
A new world.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 06:55:23 PM
Does it really matter? I mean, really?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:05:40 PM
On a site like this, it's a legitimate question. One that doesn't require a jerkface response. Don't do that again.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:20:42 PM
On a site like this, it's a legitimate question. One that doesn't require a jerkface response. Don't do that again.
No, you do not understand.
Normally, I would have just simply replied to his question... but, you see... it kind of pisses me off that he makes hundreds of threads about such questions instead of just making a one thread. HELL, he could have asked this in that MMXOCW thread he made. Since there, he was basically complaining about info that did not exist(when in fact it did exist).
But okay, I'll try not be such a dick anymore. I'm just kind of pissy lately, dunno why. I gues it must be those new meds I'm taking(I'M NOT KIDDING HERE). Still, it's a shitty excuse.
I'm sorry Jetfire, I'm sorry guys.

Are we cool?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 08:38:05 PM
A new world.
I suppose he might've been planning to have towns and stuff made since reploids don't need air..

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 12:45:52 AM

I personally feel the English game is less than clear. What with Sigma saying "all his doing" and then Lumine disagreeing by implicating it's only natural that Sigma's DNA was included. The Japanese script makes Sigma a bit more precise "from the very planning stages, the Jakob Project was all my doing."

Two questions on that: How did Sigma infiltrate the government to the point where he can influence the suits to build Jakob and where is the japanese script?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 12:55:09 AM
Two questions on that: How did Sigma infiltrate the government to the point where he can influence the suits to build Jakob and where is the japanese script?

I can answer the first one:

Who gives the suits their power?
The people.  Or in this case, the new age Reploids. Lumine might have even had some kind of a hand.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 02:52:56 AM
I can answer the first one:

Who gives the suits their power?
The people.  Or in this case, the new age Reploids. Lumine might have even had some kind of a hand.

That's assuming the Federation Government is a democratic republic. Plus the NG Reploids were products of the Jakob project. They could not have had a hand in the matter.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 03:25:37 AM
Details are not provided, but Sigma has PLENTY of experience in pulling strings, both with and without the virus.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 03:28:58 AM
He has the Jedi mind trick.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 03:08:08 PM
where is the japanese script?

In the game. Stop assuming we have translations of everything.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:11:25 PM
In the game. Stop assuming we have translations of everything.

The game gives options to read the japanese script? I only assume you have translations because you quote them.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 03:14:51 PM
When I quote something, it's usually all we have. And you shouldn't expect it to be online. There are no full game translations except for X1 and X2.

This is what I have for X8:

X: You're Lumine?  You were alright?
Lumine: Alright, of course.  I suppose you're all very satisfied being able to defeat Sigma.  Thanks to which, up until now, plans have proceeded smoothly.
Axl: Weren't you taken and used by Sigma?
Lumine: Used?  I'm afraid you're wrong.  He just played his part. Awakening us, the new types, and changing the world.

Lumine: The copy chip was made from the analysis of various former Repliroids, and among them, naturally, Sigma is there too.

Zero: If what Lumine said was true, Sigma will not return. It’s about time. (Lit: Will probably be a good time.)

Lumine: It isn't the case that (or perhaps more naturally, "It's not like") Sigma was by any means insane.
Sigma, of his own free will, rebelled against your world.
And us repliroids of the new generation, are able to become like Sigma at any time.
(cutscene starts)
We, of our free will, are able to wage battle against your old world.
To put it in a way you('d/'ll) understand...
We, of our free will, are able to become Irregular(s).

Sigma to X, on his "children":
ヤコブ計画は新世代型レプリロイドの設計段階から我が手の内にあったと言うことだ。

You could well say that the Jakob Project, from the very planning stages of the new generation repliroids, was all by my plan!

Sigma to Axl, same:
ヤコブ計画で産み出された新世代型レプリロイドの設計に干渉し、コピーチップに我がデータを刻んだのだ!

Because I intervened in the design of the new generation repliroids created for the Jakob Project, and engraved my data on the copy chips!

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 07:32:16 PM
When I quote something, it's usually all we have. And you shouldn't expect it to be online. There are no full game translations except for X1 and X2.

This is what I have for X8:

Interesting. Where did you get access to this?

Finally, does this mean that Lumine's plan was to let himself get kidnapped so that the hunters would kill Sigma, and he could take his place?

I trust by "awakening" he meant Sigma somehow activating his data within the reploids?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 07:52:31 PM
Finally, does this mean that Lumine's plan was to let himself get kidnapped so that the hunters would kill Sigma, and he could take his place?

The idea is that Sigma planned everything. Lumine just went with Sigma's plan because it nicely fit with what he wanted, so he just waited till the time was right for him to take center stage.

I trust by "awakening" he meant Sigma somehow activating his data within the reploids?

It means "becoming Sigma", his DNA influencing their thinking. Becoming irregulars of their own accord. Setting in motion that which can't be stopped; evolution.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 12:10:15 AM
The idea is that Sigma planned everything. Lumine just went with Sigma's plan because it nicely fit with what he wanted, so he just waited till the time was right for him to take center stage.

It means "becoming Sigma", his DNA influencing their thinking. Becoming irregulars of their own accord. Setting in motion that which can't be stopped; evolution.

But reploids could go maverick before Sigma's MHX rebellion. They were just reploids, who just as humans do, turn to a life of crime.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 03:11:22 AM
You simply don't understand the true meaning of becoming an irregular of one's own accord.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 03:14:33 AM
You simply don't understand the true meaning of becoming an irregular of one's own accord.

Care to explain?

Sigma game to Vile in MHX because "[he needed] someone who could go maverick of their own accord."

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 05:21:58 PM
We've had plenty of past topics on the subject, which you should have seen. You're effectively asking us to recite a 9 page topic, within a completely different one.

Just read up on the discussion here:

http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=2055.msg117568#msg117568