Sonic Classic Collection

Phi · 31381

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 01:56:57 AM
If I knew my way around a PSP, or knew someone who knew their way around a PSP, I'd have gone for that option.

But I think I'm still going to wait for the PSP2, anyway. That sucker will be able to display all sorts of games!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 02:03:02 AM
Thanks, although I lack on the time or will to do so. I enjoy the Sonic games but they don't get me to sitting down for hours like Ecco does. I guess maybe in the next several years it'll be unlocked. XD

You just have to load any of the games and then exit right after the auto-save shows up, and keep doing this until its done.
I think the number to do it for each game was between 20 and 30, but not higher than 50.

If you wanna do it the fast way, here's the games you want. ^^

Knuckles in Sonic 2: Load "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" & "Sonic Spinball" 20 times each.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Load "Sonic the Hedgehog 3" & "Sonic & Knuckles" 20 times each.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 02:32:43 AM
You just have to load any of the games and then exit right after the auto-save shows up, and keep doing this until its done.
I think the number to do it for each game was between 20 and 30, but not higher than 50.

If you wanna do it the fast way, here's the games you want. ^^

Knuckles in Sonic 2: Load "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" & "Sonic Spinball" 20 times each.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Load "Sonic the Hedgehog 3" & "Sonic & Knuckles" 20 times each.

Couldn't you get Ristar by playing every game 30 times or something like that?  I never did get around to that. :P

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 02:34:31 AM
Well, there is a clear-game option for that (Beat sonic 3? can't remember). Managed to unlock Ristar at least once. :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 02:46:52 AM
I do kinda wish that among all of these re-releases they'd have included Knuckles Chaotix somewhere.  Couldn't believe that one wasn't in Gems Collection.

DS Genesis emulators currently suck. They utterly butcher the original display ratio of a Genesis game because the DS screens are much smaller.
Get equipped with:
jEnesisDS

Great speed, sound, savestates, the option to DISABLE SCALING, and the ability to scroll the DS screen to any position you prefer.  It's about all you can ask for with the DS's smaller screen size.

With one unfortunate exception: Filesize.  It does not support games over 3MB, so no S3&K that way.  So, for S3&K on your DS, Classics Collection is the best hope thus far (assuming Sega doesn't botch it up).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 02:47:16 AM
Sonic Xtreme sounded like a good concept, but for Sega, it was too good a concept.
PLUS, it was Sega of America, which was at the time, not on good terms with Sega of Japan.
Whatsis name went to check the progress, (after numerous missed deadlines and actually locking the developers in the studio) and some idiot showed him the wrong video,(they showed him an older one, not the newer one) causing him to get really upset and leave.

Eventually, Sonic Xtreme became Sonic 3D blast.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 02:50:55 AM
With one unfortunate exception: Filesize. It does not support games over 3MB, so no S3&K that way.

Awwww, that's too bad... sad to see that it's 4MB. >U<

It works great with Pico Drive PSP tho~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 03:02:09 AM
I do kinda wish that among all of these re-releases they'd have included Knuckles Chaotix somewhere.  Couldn't believe that one wasn't in Gems Collection.
Get equipped with:
jEnesisDS

Great speed, sound, savestates, the option to DISABLE SCALING, and the ability to scroll the DS screen to any position you prefer.  It's about all you can ask for with the DS's smaller screen size.

With one unfortunate exception: Filesize.  It does not support games over 3MB, so no S3&K that way.  So, for S3&K on your DS, Classics Collection is the best hope thus far (assuming Sega doesn't botch it up).
Assuming that, jEnesiDS' developer may be able to find a way to over come that limitation if the emulator used in the game, assuming it does (and it may likely), is hacked apart and decompiled.

In the proper hands, these collections can only mean good things, though I do wish Sega would kind of back off on porting the classics so much, even if it is pretty much an easy-money ploy for them.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: December 03, 2009, 03:10:22 AM
It's better than putting out new [parasitic bomb].

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:01 AM
By making the classics [parasitic bomb].

Sonic 1 GBA.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: December 03, 2009, 03:23:47 AM
How bout they stop repackaging, and make Sonic 4 already.
THEN they can make it for the DS.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: December 03, 2009, 03:31:24 AM

Aren't they working on Sonic 4?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: December 03, 2009, 03:42:14 AM
Not nessecarily. they said it was a new Sonic game in classic style or something, but you can never keep hopes too high with Sega.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 03:46:30 AM
By making the classics [parasitic bomb].

Sonic 1 GBA.

Point taken. It's better to have something shitty in the first place than to turn something into [parasitic bomb].

Sonic Advance?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: December 03, 2009, 04:07:03 AM
Not nessecarily. they said it was a new Sonic game in classic style or something, but you can never keep hopes too high with Sega.

Eh, it's only Sega within certain arenas. ^_^

I mean, the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series? Valkyria Chronicles? Various levels of Arcade development (like Border Break)? That's all gravy.

It's when Sonic gets involved, that something usually goes wrong. Too bad that's usually the big example that's cause for people to paint with a broad brush...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #65 on: December 03, 2009, 04:42:44 AM
Eh, it's only Sega within certain arenas. ^_^

I mean, the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series? Valkyria Chronicles? Various levels of Arcade development (like Border Break)? That's all gravy.

It's when Sonic gets involved, that something usually goes wrong. Too bad that's usually the big example that's cause for people to paint with a broad brush...

So it's saying Sega can't handle thier own mascot like they used to?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: December 03, 2009, 04:51:15 AM

So it's saying Sega can't handle thier own mascot like they used to?

Evidently not.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #67 on: December 03, 2009, 05:00:47 AM
Well, there is a clear-game option for that (Beat sonic 3? can't remember). Managed to unlock Ristar at least once. :\

"Play Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Flicky 30 times each"

Sometimes I really hate Sega...

That game was pretty much begging to be in, particularly b/c there was unlockable content from the game and everything.  The collection was still pretty solid, though, and both Vectorman games are always nice to have.  For what it counts, Sega's actually pretty nice at making collections, much better than Capcom anyway.

My YouTube Channel

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 03, 2009, 05:02:27 AM
Sega's actually pretty nice at making collections, much better than Capcom anyway.

Yet we still buy them.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #69 on: December 03, 2009, 05:07:14 AM
It depends, MMAC was pretty horrible on one hand, and I'd have honestly preferred a straight port of Complete Works over that.  On the other hand, Capcom's pretty good with their Street Fighter Collections, and X Collection wasn't too bad, although it still felt a little rushed.

My YouTube Channel

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:05 AM
Well, I wouldn't know, since I haven't played them, I'm planning on it though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: December 03, 2009, 05:58:56 AM
It depends, MMAC was pretty horrible on one hand and X Collection wasn't too bad
Lol, what?
Anniversary collection was great, and it had both power battles games. one version also had a Megaman episode, while the other had an Inafune interview. The bonus music tracks were catchy too. and I really hadnt seen some of that Concept art.
Plus it had the little walking megaman game select, which was a fun touch.

now X collection...
first off, the game select music is in a set order, as no matter what you do, the first track on the list is X6's stage select, the bonuses are bad, seriously, I have the PS2 version, I really dont need to get arranged X3 music as a bonus when I already hear it in game. The hints are hints you can find ANYWHERE, the artwork once gain, was a nice touch, I hadnt seen all of it, but it isnt enough to redeem it. The game select was also pretty overly simplistic. Especially coming out of Anniversary collection, one expects more. Battle and Chase was cool, but they included the cut EU version, rather than localizing the original game, and they re-used part of X8's Capcom logo. It would have been perfectly fine without that part.
The title screen was pretty unnecessary as well, and while It was nice they made saving optional this time, i cant see why they had to replace the save menus on X4-6, which had its own.
and the last thing, select+start to return to the game select? that was a terrible combination. would it have killed them to make a little pop up menu like AC? Many a time did I accidentally press them both while in a stage. (especially since on the turbo controller I have, theyre closer together than on the regular one.

Oh dear- I went off on a tangent.
To try and get back on topic...
Im not too keen on this collection. Ill look over the box when it comes out, but most likely wont buy it.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 03, 2009, 06:21:12 AM

Sonic Advance?

Sonic Rush?

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:31 AM

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile