4Kids being "acquired" by 3rd party?

Flame · 13888

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: November 11, 2009, 04:34:43 PM
Just because I enjoy seeing 4kids squirm.

The company posted a third-quarter net revenue of about US$7.3 million, compared to US$17.8 million during the third quarter of 2008, a decrease of 59 percent. For the year thus far, the company posted a net revenue of US$21.9 million, as opposed to US$49.4 million for this time last year, a decrease of US$27.5 million or 56 percent. 4Kids Entertainment recorded a net loss of US$5 million this past quarter, compared to US$5.3 million in the same time last year. It has lost US$20.9 million so far in 2009, compared to a loss of US$19.6 million during the first nine months of 2008.
To read the rest, here. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-11-11/4kids-reveals-us$5-million-loss-in-third-quarter

Call me malicious, But I wish they'd just go down already.

Also, seems Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to the Ninja Turtles from them. (thank god.)
Now, if only Funimation could acquire the rights to Yugioh...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:09:40 AM by Flame »

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:56:27 PM
Hehehe.....

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:41:16 PM
Also, seems Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to the Ninja Turtles from them. (thank god.)

0v0

C'MON, NICK, SHOW 'EM HOW IT'S DONE!!!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:38:41 PM
0v0

C'MON, NICK, SHOW 'EM HOW IT'S DONE!!!
YEAH! BECAUSE NICKELODEON PUTS OUT NOW SUCH GREAT SHOWS... wait.

4Kids might be [parasitic bomb], but at least their NINJA TURTLES were awesome... except Fast Forward. That [parasitic bomb] sucked.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:58:07 PM
YEAH! BECAUSE NICKELODEON PUTS OUT NOW SUCH GREAT SHOWS... wait.

4Kids might be [parasitic bomb], but at least their NINJA TURTLES were awesome... except Fast Forward. That [parasitic bomb] sucked.
I have to disagree. They are so overly family friendly that whatever they lay their hands on is ruined. Im sure they could even find a way to mess up Barney the dinosaur.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:57 PM
I have to disagree. They are so overly family friendly that whatever they lay their hands on is ruined. Im sure they could even find a way to mess up Barney the dinosaur.
And what does this have to do with what I said? I never praised 4Kids for anything, except saying that their turtles were awesome.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:10:19 PM
List of good things 4kids has done
-TMNT
-Ultimate Muscle (decent with some stupid censoring)
-First seasons of Pokemon
-Inspired the creation of Yugioh Abridged

...can't say I'll miss them much if they go bankrupt.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 10:46:44 PM
Meh. I never liked their turtles much. But then again, I never caught much of their turtles. it was fast foreward that I unfortunately caught.

And while I agree that The first like-2 orr 3 seasons of pPokemon were well done, that was before they became- Dunno.. They seemed a rather smalltime group then. now theyre just so full of themselves that theyve got their own tv block.
Meh they definittely wouldnt be missed.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:21 PM
First seasons of pokemon were great, or maybe thats nostalgia talking. Though the whole thing that Shreder wouldnt just DIE EVER. Though he was like the only bad guy that could be used so much.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 07:08:53 AM
Ok, Im not going to make a new topic about this, so Ill just legendary necropost the old one, since its relevant to 4shits' eventual demise.

LAST TIME, ON DRAGON BA- Er- 4kids news, they were loosing much money.
This time, they are starting to get bought up by others.

The 4Kids Entertainment licensing and broadcasting company has announced in its 2010 First Quarter financial results on Monday "that it had received a non-binding indication of interest from a third party to acquire 4Kids." According to 4Kids, the third party expressed interest in acquiring the company for a premium over the market capitalization of its common stock. However, 4Kids cautioned that there is no assurance that a deal will go through.

4Kids had retained the financial advisor Montgomery & Co. to help evaluate its strategic alternatives in 2009. The company's Special Committee of the Board of Directors was planning to consider options "including, but not limited to, asset sales, alliances with strategic partners, and/or a sale of the Company through a merger or other corporate transaction."

For the three months ending on March 31, 4Kids announced net revenues of US$4.2 million, compared to US$9.3 million in the same period in 2009. Its net loss was US$3.5 million, compared to US$2.0 million in the same period in 2009. 4Kids acknowledged that it faces delisting from the New York Stock Exchange since its market capitalization has been below the US$15 million minimum that it must maintain.

The company's stock price
closed on Friday at US$1.10, but it hit a high of US$1.25 on Monday morning before settling at US$1.15 as of 12:20 p.m. EDT. Its current market capitalization is roughly US$15.62 million.

In the past, 4Kids adapted Pokémon, One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew, Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, Shaman King, Sonic X, and other anime titles for the North American market. Its current properties include Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dinosaur King, and Tai Chi Chasers (Tai Chi Senjimon) from Japan, as well as the card-game-based Chaotic franchise from Denmark.

Thanks to dynasore for the news tip.

Update: Prescott Group Capital Management reported in a mandated U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing on April 30 that it acquired 2,414,209 shares of 4Kids Entertainment. These shares represents 18% of the outstanding shares of 4Kids' common stock
. According to Prescott, 4Kids is "undervalued and represented an attractive investment opportunity." However, Prescott added that the investment was "not made for the purpose of acquiring control" of 4Kids. Source: DealFlow Media
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-10/4kids-reports-3rd-party-is-interested-in-acquiring-it
http://www.dealflowmedia.com/alerts/activistinvestor/wires/article.cfm?id=huqzcigfbunysth

and the document itself
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/58592/000095012310046489/c00629sc13d.htm

Maybe this is ONE more step towards the eventual COMPLETE buy out and or management change? I sure damn hope so. Al Khan's GOT to go.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 07:12:23 AM
LAST TIME, ON DRAGON BA- Er- 4kids news,

Kinda appropiate since IIRC they're doing DB Kai too.

Honestly I just don't care what happens to the company at this point.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 07:13:46 AM
I actually do, considering they ruined my Saturdays by buying out the Kids WB slot, which while it was still mediocre till then, at least wasnt 4Kids TV on a new channel, which is what it became.

Also, I really have to wonder how that works. How is it they  are doing Kai, when Funi did DBZ? one would think Funi would get it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 07:18:41 AM

That is all.

Still, good to hear the turtles escaped from the clutches of 4Kids.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 07:22:52 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQppQcM4kJc&feature=related[/youtube]

without 4kids boring the hell out of the people they hire we won't have stuff like this anymore

squemp

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 12:28:54 AM
Also, I really have to wonder how that works. How is it they  are doing Kai, when Funi did DBZ? one would think Funi would get it.
I thought Funimation was dubbing Kai, and 4Kids simply gets to broadcast it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 12:36:43 AM
That makes even less sense, given 4kids track record. doesnt DBZ have lots of violence? what are they gonna do? Cut to commercials during those parts? Replace it with shadow realm?

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 12:39:40 AM
...Two words:
About DAMN time.

...Anyhow, the link in the very first post ain't loadin'. What a shitload of bullshit.

EDIT: The link finally works, but not in a way I expected.

Also:
4Kids has signed a deal with the National Football League for a new trading card game, which will be based on the existing Chaotic  card system.
*jaw drops and detaches from face and shatters when it hits floor*

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 01:16:19 AM
That makes even less sense, given 4kids track record. doesnt DBZ have lots of violence? what are they gonna do? Cut to commercials during those parts? Replace it with shadow realm?
AND NOW, FOR THE NEXT 5 MINUTES, DBZ: KAI!

edit: lol my avvy's Vegeta right now.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 01:52:23 AM
...Two words:
About DAMN time.

That's three words, lol. And I never cared for the NFL, and having a cardgame using Chaotic's EXISTING engine is gonna [acid burst] off Chaotic fans, I bet.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:44 AM
 *o*

It can only get better from this point on.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 02:00:18 AM

It's already a bit censored anyways.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 06:30:18 AM
That's three words, lol. And I never cared for the NFL, and having a cardgame using Chaotic's EXISTING engine is gonna [acid burst] off Chaotic fans, I bet.
Chaotic has fans? What?

also, 'parrently, 4kids is reporting a  US$3.5-Million Loss in 1st Quarter 2010.

I remember being called "malicious" for this elsewhere, but I hope they go under. Yes, all over anime and cartoons. Is it just me, or whenever something comes out of Al Khans mouth, you just get this urge to punch him square in the middle of his face?

At Least 12 New Properties to Be Introduced This Year
Kahn also said that 4Kids will be showing at least five new properties at a licensing show in Las Vegas in June, and "obviously, when all is said and done for 2010, we will be introducing a minimum of 12 new properties." Of these 12 properties, eight will be "children's licenses" under 4Kids Entertainment, and four will fall under 4Kids subsidiary 4Sight Licensing Solutions, which will "develop licenses to a broader spectrum of demographies and not necessarily children." Kahn did not specify how many of these titles will be Japanese-animated.

Kahn had said in March that "4Kids needs to return to its roots as a licensing and merchandising company [that] specializes in bringing wonderful Japanese programming and merchandising to the rest of the world."

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 12:37:29 PM
Hey, they mention broader audience! Maybe they'll dub Sora Kake Girl...

Oh God... that thought scares me. D :

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:31 PM
Oh yay, 4kids is being De-Listed from the Stock exchange. theve got 10 days to figure out what they are going to do. :D