GENERAL COMIC BOOK THREAD (MANGA NOT ALLOWED)

Rin · 208717

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: August 06, 2010, 12:33:21 PM
Yeah, I was gonna ask about that.  I got one of the promo posters as a freebie with my latest comic purchases.  Is it worth checking out at all, or should I avoid it at all costs?
Nope. Get into some other comic instead. Anything Vertigo, Marvel Cosmic, Brightest Day-related... anything but "event which obviously is gonna either kill Daredevil or change him for a coupla years so in return, we gotta lower a hero to his standards, and that means ruining Nova or some other guy".

What I like about Zoom's part is that he accomplished his mission, so he gets to live, which in turn means that whomever doesn't accomplish there mission is going to die. XD
Not necessarily. They're all still dead, remember? Black Lantern powers? As far as we know, each one of them has a limited time to live before turning completely into black lanterns again.

Digger's got the best end of the deal with his useful powers, though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: August 06, 2010, 07:15:36 PM
Not necessarily. They're all still dead, remember? Black Lantern powers? As far as we know, each one of them has a limited time to live before turning completely into black lanterns again.

Digger's got the best end of the deal with his useful powers, though.

I don't know if they'll turn into Black Lanterns again as much as they might just outright die. From what it seems like to me, all of them are hovering between life and death, except for Zoom who got to live cause he accomplished his task.  Ironically enough, the task I'm most interested in is probably Max Lord's.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: August 06, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
I don't know if they'll turn into Black Lanterns again as much as they might just outright die. From what it seems like to me, all of them are hovering between life and death, except for Zoom who got to live cause he accomplished his task.  Ironically enough, the task I'm most interested in is probably Max Lord's.
Heck, aside from the main book, Flash and GL, Justice League: Generation Lost is the only Brighest Day book I'm following. Max is finally being written by his makers, so this should be really good.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #378 on: August 06, 2010, 11:50:18 PM
Nope. Get into some other comic instead. Anything Vertigo, Marvel Cosmic, Brightest Day-related... anything but "event which obviously is gonna either kill Daredevil or change him for a coupla years so in return, we gotta lower a hero to his standards, and that means ruining Nova or some other guy".

Already following Brightest Day, GL, GLC, Outsiders, Flash, Star Wars: Invasion, and Deadpool, so I'll just keep on going with those. XD

Anywho, speaking of Brightest Day...  I wonder if Johns will ever reveal Larfleeze's motto.  Perhaps what has transpired in a recent issue will lead up to that.  Or, we may never know it because it's more fitting that Larfleeze never share it, the greedy lil Muppet.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: August 07, 2010, 12:11:51 AM
Already following Brightest Day, GL, GLC, Outsiders, Flash, Star Wars: Invasion, and Deadpool, so I'll just keep on going with those. XD

Anywho, speaking of Brightest Day...  I wonder if Johns will ever reveal Larfleeze's motto.  Perhaps what has transpired in a recent issue will lead up to that.  Or, we may never know it because it's more fitting that Larfleeze never share it, the greedy lil Muppet.
Try reading the Annihilation event from Marvel Cosmic. You won't regret it.

And he's going to reveal it sooner or later, he said his oath was the best. Not just that, we'll soon know the question Hal wanted to ask Sinestro before Blackest Night.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #380 on: August 07, 2010, 12:27:14 AM
Larfleeze will... share?  It's going to take alot for him to do so, and I can prolly guess what that will entail.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: August 07, 2010, 08:10:05 AM
Heck, aside from the main book, Flash and GL, Justice League: Generation Lost is the only Brighest Day book I'm following. Max is finally being written by his makers, so this should be really good.

I'm following Green Arrow also, just because I've always liked Green Arrow. Although I haven't been a big fan of what they've done to him recently though.  I think I'm dropping JLA though.  It just doesn't interest me much anymore.  Perhaps I'll replace it with JLI, now that they're back and Jamie Reyes is back in a comic again.....other than Teen Titans, which is terrible.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: August 07, 2010, 12:26:40 PM
I'm following Green Arrow also, just because I've always liked Green Arrow. Although I haven't been a big fan of what they've done to him recently though.  I think I'm dropping JLA though.  It just doesn't interest me much anymore.  Perhaps I'll replace it with JLI, now that they're back and Jamie Reyes is back in a comic again.....other than Teen Titans, which is terrible.
JLI has been ruling quite hard in their last few comics. Them, and Booster Gold, are just classic JLI. It's amazing to see them back after so long. ;_;

And I actually enjoyed both Green Arrow issues I've read, but I'm not buying them, or following them strictly.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: August 07, 2010, 08:50:07 PM
JLI has been ruling quite hard in their last few comics. Them, and Booster Gold, are just classic JLI. It's amazing to see them back after so long. ;_;

And I actually enjoyed both Green Arrow issues I've read, but I'm not buying them, or following them strictly.

GA needs to use his sword more too, I think!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: August 07, 2010, 09:29:12 PM
GA needs to use his sword more too, I think!

...he has a sword?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: August 07, 2010, 09:34:27 PM

...he has a sword?

He use too. During the 52 thing, when he became Mayor of Star City, he went back to the island to retrain himself. The guy who taught Deathstroke trained him and told him in his farewell letter,

"Your Robin Hood carried steel. So should you.

And lose that insipid hat!"

I thought him with a sword was pretty awesome.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:01 PM
He use too. During the 52 thing, when he became Mayor of Star City, he went back to the island to retrain himself. The guy who taught Deathstroke trained him and told him in his farewell letter,

"Your Robin Hood carried steel. So should you.

And lose that insipid hat!"

I thought him with a sword was pretty awesome.
I don't remember reading THAT on 52. But that would be pretty damn cool. Also, thank God he's back to his hood. The hat is indeed insipid.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:16 PM
I don't remember reading THAT on 52. But that would be pretty damn cool. Also, thank God he's back to his hood. The hat is indeed insipid.

Apologies. I should have said during the One Year Later thing after Infinite Crisis. During the GA comic, they showed what happened to all of them during that year, so it wasn't part of 52. However yeah, I loved the fact that he carried a sword, cause it just made perfect sense.

Haha, and I agree. I prefer hood over hat as well. 

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: August 08, 2010, 12:42:33 AM
Apologies. I should have said during the One Year Later thing after Infinite Crisis. During the GA comic, they showed what happened to all of them during that year, so it wasn't part of 52. However yeah, I loved the fact that he carried a sword, cause it just made perfect sense.

Haha, and I agree. I prefer hood over hat as well. 
Ah, I see now. I pretty much only read Supes', Bats', Flash's and GL's storylines on that one.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: August 08, 2010, 06:41:43 AM
Ah, I see now. I pretty much only read Supes', Bats', Flash's and GL's storylines on that one.

The GA comic was very good, both before and after Infinite Crisis. I didn't like what they did with him recently. A part of me still wishes he and Black Canary were married.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: August 08, 2010, 10:51:28 AM
It sucks when they think threy're Quesada....

The only old issue i read of GA was actually the wedding issue. And wasn't it like a clone or shapeshifter at the end playing Ollie?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: August 08, 2010, 12:32:30 PM
A part of me still wishes he and Black Canary were married.
What? They're not married? What happened?

Also, I've always loved GA's attitude. It's gold. I loved when he joins Batman and gang to go [tornado fang] up Brother Eye in Infinite Crisis, and Batman tells him "I just wanted to see if you would come along".

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:33 PM
It sucks when they think threy're Quesada....

The only old issue i read of GA was actually the wedding issue. And wasn't it like a clone or shapeshifter at the end playing Ollie?

Yeah, it was. It twas bizarre.

What? They're not married? What happened?

Essentially GA lost himself somewhere along the line. Then during the Cry for Justice series, he kills Prometheus for what he did to Star City.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: August 08, 2010, 11:37:10 PM
Yeah, it was. It twas bizarre.

Essentially GA lost himself somewhere along the line. Then during the Cry for Justice series, he kills Prometheus for what he did to Star City.
That's certainly quite a stupid turn after the great moment they had in Final Crisis.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: August 09, 2010, 01:12:53 AM
That's certainly quite a stupid turn after the great moment they had in Final Crisis.

I agree. Wholeheartedly.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: August 10, 2010, 06:33:13 AM
Well, it's not over until Dinah signs the divorce papers, all she did was leave the ring. :P

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: August 10, 2010, 06:48:33 AM
That's a valid point.  Hopefully they get the hell back together.  I like them as a married couple.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: August 10, 2010, 06:51:54 AM
It's one of the enduring romances in the DCU. It would be a real shame to simply drop it, again.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: August 10, 2010, 01:13:00 PM
It will be picked up again. They just needed to give Ollie a Robin Hood kind of way this time. As soon as he and his Merry Men step out of the forest, they'll be reinstating his marriage into the story.

BTW, anyone got any theories to how Batman's gonna get out of being surrounded by Dollotrons and how Joker's gonna survive Damian's beating? =P

And can anyone make the connection as easily as I can to how Batman's gonna be the new Orion?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: August 10, 2010, 02:54:56 PM
And can anyone make the connection as easily as I can to how Batman's gonna be the new Orion?
Didn't DiDio want Batman to become a god or whatnot?