About Time Travel...

Keno · 4018

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: October 26, 2009, 09:41:48 PM
...and crossover battles too!

So if He-Man got in a time machine, & punched Dr. Light in the balls before he made Mega Man, could Sonic beat Quick Man in a fight?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:45:14 PM
Who knows. Maybe he would not have made Megaman, then Quickman would not exist...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:38:06 AM
This topic looks awfully familiar...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 02:51:52 AM
yknow, When I posted, I actually thought it WAS the other topic...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:54:25 AM

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 07:26:31 AM
There's nothing I hate more than when a fun discussion gets ruined on a forum just because it doesn't adhere to the original topic of conversation. You know, because every conversation you ever have stays on 1 topic constantly.

But I digress...
Back on Superman versus Goku, I don't think Goku not breaking the sound barrier in his universe is a fair measurement of his speed, because there's no mention whatsoever of there even being a sound barrier in DBZ. Since the series uses ridiculously fictitious physics, including a completely made up type of energy, I don't think one can compare it to more "realistic" series like DC's stuff.

If Dr. Light never made Mega Man, maybe Elec Man would still be the fastest robot in existence.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 12:33:56 PM
You were part of the reason it went off topic. And if this one has nothing to do with megaman, but is about Superman vs Goku, then you should post the thread in the off the wall section, as it has nothing to do with Megaman. Seriously. Theres apparently very little to discuss about Time travel in Megaman.

Also, noone ever said anything about Elecman being fast- all because Quickman was based on his design does not mean Elecman was necessarily fast- (though the idea of Quickman being faster than Elecman's lightning stands)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 06:24:33 PM
You were part of the reason it went off topic. And if this one has nothing to do with megaman, but is about Superman vs Goku, then you should post the thread in the off the wall section, as it has nothing to do with Megaman. Seriously. Theres apparently very little to discuss about Time travel in Megaman.
Nope, it's a topic for all cross universe battles, especially those involving Mega Man.

Could a Super Spirit Bomb be measured as equally powerful as X? They're both powered by the solar system IIRC.

Also, noone ever said anything about Elecman being fast- all because Quickman was based on his design does not mean Elecman was necessarily fast- (though the idea of Quickman being faster than Elecman's lightning stands)
I mean this is from Wikipedia, but I've heard the same thing multiple places:
Elec Man was designed to oversee and control atomic energy power plants. At the time of his creation, Elec Man was often hailed as Dr. Light's greatest creation and boasts superhuman calculation speed and razor-sharp judgement, as well as a physical agility that would not be matched for some time. He is very conceited and egotistical, but is otherwise very responsible and competent. His mode of attack centers around him throwing electrically charged wires and later, compressed balls of electric energy. Elec Man is a black and yellow robot with a yellow mask around his eyes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:53:04 PM
not the solar system- the SUN. Megaman gets power from the SUN. Right solar something... or something like that.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 07:41:33 PM
Not the sun either. It's more like a fusion reactor inside of Rock. Compare to Nuclear fission reactors.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:48 PM
This thread seriously needs to be moved to offtopic.
For the same reason, I closed my original thread.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:10 PM
I'm talking about X. I had heard a long time ago from somebody that in some Japanese source it says X is powered by all the celestial bodies in the solar system.

I know Mega Man is powered by the sun. Everybody that's seen when he's all energized by the sun in SAR knows that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 11:37:00 PM
This thread seriously needs to be moved to offtopic.
For the same reason, I closed my original thread.
I agree. >__>

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 02:38:22 AM
I'm talking about X. I had heard a long time ago from somebody that in some Japanese source it says X is powered by all the celestial bodies in the solar system.

Hmm... I don't think I've read anything quite like that. X is solar powered, with a reactor and an internal fuel tank to hold a reserve for rainy days. Besides reflecting certain energy wavelengths from the sun, I'm not sure what else the other celestial bodies could offer him.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 02:40:11 AM
Hmm... I don't think I've read anything quite like that. X is solar powered, with a reactor and an internal fuel tank to hold a reserve for rainy days. Besides reflecting certain energy wavelengths from the sun, I'm not sure what else the other celestial bodies could offer him.

Well, they all gave Rock abilities in Rockman World 5!   8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:52 AM
rimshot

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 06:49:27 AM
Ba-ZING