News Roundup: Oct 15 - Oct 24

Protodude · 5042

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: October 24, 2009, 05:09:30 PM
Musicians Discuss Chip Tuned Rockman

Rockman series composers Ippo Yamada, Akari Kaida (ZXA, & Forte), Ryo Kawakami (ZX, RM9) and Hiroki Isogai (RM9) discuss their work on the Chip Tuned Rockman music CD in this round-table discussion from Nobuooo.  Definitely worth the watch if you're a fan of either composer's work!

You can watch the discussion if you click here.

Read the full interview at GameSetWatch

Rockin' In the Bleep World - Musicians on Chiptuning Mega Man from Jeriaska on Vimeo.

More Megamix Heading Our Way, Cover Artworks Revealed

Looks as if a third Mega Man graphic novel is coming down the pike.  According to Amazon.com, Mega Man Megamix volume 2 is slated to ship out on May 14th, 2010 -- a mere three months between volume 1's release (Feb. 13, 2010).  Given the fact that Udon's recent MM books have seen their fair share of delays and bumps, this release date is most likely subject to change.

On a related note, LilFormers has posted the English cover art for Mega Man Megamix volume 1 and the upcoming Mega Man ZX graphic novel. Click on the link provided to check 'em out!

TvC Producer Talks Zero

Ryota Niitsuma, the producer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, recently posted a blog entry discussing the stories behind the new characters included in the English version of the game, Zero included:

"There was an opinion from R&D that they wanted to include another character from the Mega Man series so I talked to Inafune-san. We were most careful about not letting those hardcore fans down, so we had to make something good.

"During the early stages of game design, this character was to be a character which would technically borrow some moves from other character datas, and not made from scratch, which meant that it wasn't one of the higher priorities. But, as I mentioned above, it is something we had to do right, and as I rejected many of the team's ideas, I kept on asking for something different, something that felt more like Zero - the guys said at the end: "Fine, you're asking us to make it from scratch right!?"
But then Zero turned out to be very good quality work again.

The attack moves that they implemented are taken a lot from the original series, and it is very cool character in a fighting game. Level 3 super is Dark Hold...? Good stuff guys! "

Check out Niitsume's complete post at Capcom Unity.

New OSS Box Art
Maruci.com is showing off what's apparently the final Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star box art. It's significantly different than the one we saw earlier which featured old OSS promotional artwork, but everything here seems new!

OSS Demo Screens

Game Watch is running a brief report on the Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star demo that hit Japanese Wiis earlier this week. While nothing new is stated, the report does offer a better look at the demo via a handful of screenshots.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 05:31:07 PM
Hehe, LilFormers... :3
Still, sweet covers there.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 07:51:01 PM
StarForce MM looks a lot better when you can't see his eyes.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 08:02:20 PM
FUTURE MAN!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 08:10:57 PM
Eh, I llked the previous boxart, it was nostalgia overload.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 10:22:00 PM
FUTURE MAN!
HE HAS COME TO SAVE THE DAY!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 01:49:53 PM
Liked the interview about chiptuned rockman and all, but where the f*ck is Masaki Suzuki!? he didn't work on R9 either, so where the hell is he >.< is he still employed by Inti or what?

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!