About Time Travel...

Rin · 13348

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 07:42:53 AM
In Rockman, it seems quite easily done, if your name is Wily or Light. Makes you wonder why this technology never appeared in the future. Not even Chronoforce controls time, apparently that's just the perception of time for robotic lifeforms (though certain game mechanics make this very questionable.) And who knows what Crystal Snail actually does to mess up your gameplay. TimeMan and Flashman on the other hand really do seem to manipulate time.
Don't compare classic to X through ZX. You'll just give yourself a headache.

You have to treat the ones with the drastically different moods as separate universes for some intensive purposes, otherwise you're drawing conclusions that weren't meant to be made. X is less a sequel series than it is a reimagining.

Not by Batman. And even with the Bat Bot from "The Batman" it's only stalling for time. Kryptonite's the way to go. Its just a matter of getting it out before he makes sure you dont. though, given the series' that seems fairly easy. he never seems to see it coming.
Well it depends who Batman brings with him. He's good at persuading people, & I can think of 3 people that could beat Superman to death: Doomsday, He-Man, & possibly Goku.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 07:50:49 AM
Goku and He man are different universes. plus, Goku bruises, Superman does not bruise that easily. well, that also depends on who's writing him. Some comics have him with a thick hide of a skin, and others have him getting torn up, uniform and all.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 07:58:47 AM
Mega Man & Batman are separate universes too, buddy. We've been talking crossovers for a while now.

How many Senzu Beans does Goku get? Also, how much can Superman's sun based powers hold up against a Super Spirit Bomb?

He-Man was in a crossover comic with Superman, & Superman was scared shitless he might die, as Skeletor was mind-controlling him to fight He-Man.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 08:01:36 AM
Whoa. true, Goku has senzu beans... and Superman, according to various interpretations, goes up to space ans gets himself a tan,  absorbing sun like a plant, and then being good as new to save the day.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 08:08:24 AM
How many Senzu Beans does Goku get? Also, how much can Superman's sun based powers hold up against a Super Spirit Bomb?

Wouldn't a Spirit Bomb be useless on Kal, due to the Spirit Bomb only being able to harm Evil beings?

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 08:52:23 AM
He'd have to know to push it away like Gohan I would imagine. But I think it's a pure of heart thing, like the Nimbus, & there's not much to say Superman is or isn't. Especially when you start bringing in his reincarnations & alternate versions.

I mean, following those rules Link can't hurt anybody but bad guys, because I'm pretty sure The Blade of Evil's Bane means the same thing.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 09:23:18 AM
Wouldn't a Spirit Bomb be useless on Kal, due to the Spirit Bomb only being able to harm Evil beings?
how many times has he done evil [parasitic bomb]?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 09:28:40 AM
how many times has he done evil [parasitic bomb]?

Well that depends.  There's just plain douchebaggery, and then there's outright evil.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 09:32:58 AM
hmmm... The Batman had the right Idea. kryptonite laced mind control spores, courtesy of Poison Ivy. That had him goin' bonkers for a good while.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: October 23, 2009, 10:00:39 AM
I think they stole that from Batman: Hush.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 11:32:23 AM
You're not supposed to be deciding which of your favorite heroes could beat one another; you're supposed to be analyzing how they use time travel!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 03:02:48 PM
I think they stole that from Batman: Hush.
They did... that fight was great.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: October 23, 2009, 07:11:37 PM

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 07:16:49 PM
Goku's power levels got pretty rediculous, where he could destroy a planet if he wanted to.  The Silver Age Superman was also just as rediculous, tho, where he could pretty easily juggle planets or effortlessly time travel because he could go so fast. 

If Superman ever remembered he could go that fast nobody could beat him. 

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 07:19:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Goku can move just as fast. I don't think the speed of light rules apply in DBZ.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 07:22:43 PM
Point me to an episode where he broke the time barrier all on his own and I'll agree.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 23, 2009, 07:37:48 PM
If Superman ever remembered he could go that fast nobody could beat him. 

Heh, it's not that he can't remember.  It's that current Supes isn't as powerful as Silver Age Supes.  That's what made Superboy-Prime such a powerful villain (in terms of power)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 23, 2009, 07:44:36 PM
There is no time barrier in DBZ. If he's moving so fast you can't see him in the beginning of Z, then he's got to be moving faster than the speed of light by the end of the series. Especially considering everyone can move faster than sight, & Goku's the fastest of them.

Let's not forget his dimension switching abilities.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 07:53:49 PM
Heh, it's not that he can't remember.  It's that current Supes isn't as powerful as Silver Age Supes.  That's what made Superboy-Prime such a powerful villain (in terms of power)

Yeah, I know.  Now if it was Goku VS the current Superman Goku would have a much greater advantage.  Although I don't follow Superman much anymore, so how much advantage is in question.  After Infinite Crisis I just threw up my hands and gave up on him.

Although Silver Age Sueprman never used his powers really right.  He could fly throught he time barrier, but his villains include .... the Prankster.  Yeah. I'm not sure how many of his problems couldn't have been solved by going THAT FAST and just smashing whatever villain was in his way.  Hell, even the magical ones, like Satanus, wouldn't even be able to see him coming, much less react in time.

Edit: Goku can't break his time barrier but Superman's speed can.  Case closed to me.  It's just like Superman or Batman not beign able to channel their Ki.  Just as Superman just can't channel his Ki, Goku just can't go as fast as he can. Goku's dimension switching abilities are unrelated to his speed.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 08:00:33 PM
There is no time barrier in DBZ. If he's moving so fast you can't see him in the beginning of Z, then he's got to be moving faster than the speed of light by the end of the series. Especially considering everyone can move faster than sight, & Goku's the fastest of them.

The Flash can vibrate his body to remain invisible, but he's not moving faster than light when he does it!  Flash Fact!  8D

Although I don't follow Superman much anymore, so how much advantage is in question.  After Infinite Crisis I just threw up my hands and gave up on him.

Just a friendly tidbit from a DC fan, but pick up Superman from when Geoff Johns started writing for it.  It's [tornado fang]ing awesome.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 08:05:05 PM
I heard it got much better since he started up, and he brought back my favorite Bizarro - Yellow Lantern - but all the (really bad and unnessasary) retcons broke my spirit on that book, and I'm just unable to pick it up anymore.  Sometimes I still leaf through it, tho.

Oddly, I have very few problems with the arbitrary retcons in Green Lantern.  Yes, I am a fellow DC fan.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 08:10:56 PM
I heard it got much better since he started up, and he brought back my favorite Bizarro - Yellow Lantern - but all the (really bad and unnessasary) retcons broke my spirit on that book, and I'm just unable to pick it up anymore.  Sometimes I still leaf through it, tho.

Oddly, I have very few problems with the arbitrary retcons in Green Lantern.  Yes, I am a fellow DC fan.

That's because Green Lantern is, hands down, DC's best comic right now!  Also, if you get a chance, check out the Trade of Superman: Brainiac.  One of the best comic arcs I've ever read.

DC isn't the only company with massive retarded retcons.

IMO, Worse Retcon EVER.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 08:25:59 PM
I did read that.  I appreaciated that they remembered Milton Fine.

OMD was pretty reakin' retarded.  Of all the possible ways to make a large retcon, getting Peter to make a deal with the devil ... really, that's worse than Superboy punching reality.  And Superboy punching reality is pretty bad all on it's own.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 08:40:13 PM
What's funny is, I actually had no problem with Prime's Reality Wall Punching, just because I happen to like those Silver Age-ish absurd universal [parasitic bomb].  XD