Is Zero still cool?

Waifu · 14784

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: October 09, 2009, 03:51:28 AM
I watched a video on YouTube made by some kid who asked a similar question to this but I wonder if anyone else here still finds Zero cool? Zero was designed to be this cool robot who fights alongside you in the game but was supposed to die a heroic death as X1 only to be revived in X2. He gets back with a beam saber adn he starts being cool again until he dies again in one X3 ending but somehow mircaloulsy survived by the time X4 came and he was supposed to die again in X5 (in that crappy boss explosion no doubt) in time to tie the game in with the new Zero series that the InafKing was designing but once again Capcon trolled and gave X6 although it had a proper ending to Zero and Zero is revived again. Now we have the Zero series where once again Zero is cool to a new generation of gamers however Zero already made an appearance in the EXE series as Zero.EXE and Blues/ProtoMan.EXE already looked like Zero already complete with his own saber so why did Zero have his own series again? Oh wait, he died for real in the Zero 4 and this time he is dead yet he somehow get a Zero expy in the form of Girouette and Model Z. I still find Zero very cool despite his numerous "deaths" and cameos but does everyone else still find Zero cool?

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 03:56:00 AM
Well, he isnt so cool anymore rather than a symbol, I mean he died and this time he aint coming back, so I guess he is cool by some standards.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:58:06 AM
He stopped being cool when he stopped being broken.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 05:43:18 AM
Zero is all kinds of cool. I always thought that.
Tough I find Forte(both versions) cooler, even if he's a [tornado fang]ing failure that can't do anything right.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 05:45:40 AM
Zero's awesome. He died for our sins. Multiple times.

He stopped being cool when he stopped being broken.

He stopped?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 07:26:19 AM
He used to be able to break a ride armor with a mid charged shot.
and kill anyone with two hits from his almighty saber. He destroyed a hunter unit using ONLY HIS HANDS.

But I digress, I was joking. Of course he's cool. theres always something. X7 he wasnt that cool- X8, he looked terrible, but had awesaome weapons. Seriously, seeing Zero do street fighter moves with the K Knuckle was awesome.
Model Z was cool too. If only because of Model Z Giro's awesome entrance.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 09:11:18 AM
Yeah, I rather go with some members here. Zero is defendantly cool in some games...and sexy too!  That is all! owob

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 09:40:48 AM
He was the only rockman with the guts to kill an evil human......

BTW why does everyone think that Zero died in X3? He clearly said he is damaged in a way that he must be repaired and returned to the base....no indication of death so stop about this apparent X3 death!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 11:37:59 AM
I don't actually dislike (or hate) Zero or Axl.

I just like X more. A lot more.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 01:33:55 PM

You're not alone in thinking that way.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 01:40:45 PM
Since I haven't been playing MM games that long, my "Zero fanboism" hasn't completely worn of yet, so yeah, I personally think he's still cool (moreso the X series version, note I've only played Z1&3).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 04:43:31 PM
He was the only rockman with the guts to kill an evil human......

BTW why does everyone think that Zero died in X3? He clearly said he is damaged in a way that he must be repaired and returned to the base....no indication of death so stop about this apparent X3 death!
People actually think that?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 05:12:18 PM
Haven´t you read the first post?
He gets back with a beam saber adn he starts being cool again until he dies again in one X3 ending but somehow mircaloulsy survived by the time X4 came a

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 05:17:24 PM

Same here. X is so underrated IMO.

But yeah, let's say that despite his tranvestite looks, in-some-poses-feminine-hips, and really stupid quotes , Zero is quite badass.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 05:27:38 PM
He's no Blues.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 05:28:06 PM
I only found Zero cool in... the movie Hackers.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 05:41:06 PM
What's that?
 edit: nevermind, I just got the joke haha

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 05:41:33 PM
I've never liked Zero.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 06:03:05 PM
Haven´t you read the first post?
oh. Thats sum serious mistaking thar.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 07:37:52 PM
he dies again in one X3 ending but somehow mircaloulsy survived by the time X4 came and he was supposed to die again in X5 (in that crappy boss explosion no doubt) in time to tie the game in with the new Zero series that the InafKing was designing but once again Capcon trolled and gave X6 although it had a proper ending to Zero and Zero is revived again.
-Zero never under any circumstances dies in X3.
-Zero is not any more dead than X in X5.
-Capcom "trolled" nothing; Inafune did not produce X5 and it is naive to assume that it is not normal for storylines to change over the course of game development.  You don't have to look very far from the topic to find an example: see Copy X.

Zero, in X-series, is always badass.  X8's redesign killed it slightly, but Lucas compensates.
Zero, in Zero-series, certainly does not LOOK badass but still acts it.  Moreso, in fact, as his conversations with Copy X and Weil are pretty damn awesome.
Zero, in BN, I cannot comment on.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 07:59:11 PM
BN Zero looks cool. he doesnt have nearly enough screen time to develop a personality, but in the Anime, he has very little of it anyway. being a very monotone speaker, with an unwavering voice. He is originally just an obedient soldier till he betrays his creator.

His heart is later (or before?) moved by Gutsman caring for him, when he mistakes Zero for a bystander that didnt escape quickly enough. He shows his usual self sacrificing personality in the anime as well, jumping in front of Megaman to block him from Zero One's Attack, and when Zero One is set to self destruct, Zero teleports him to the real world, and flies into his creator's ship, causing it to explode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOvG7ww544M

I can't comment on Transmission Zero, But there is similar. He was just a virus, but evolved, developing a soul, so he became pretty much like any other navi, with the exception that he is a virus. But he seems to be accepting of his fate when defeated. He also says "Youve come to defeat- Bust me, right?" (or something along those lines)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXxaVsSNzCk

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 08:23:47 PM
Zero, in Zero-series, certainly does not LOOK badass but still acts it.  Moreso, in fact, as his conversations with Copy X and Weil are pretty damn awesome.

Quiet you. XD

[spoiler]It's all understood though.[/spoiler]

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 09:01:10 PM
MMZ Zero looks badass, just FABULOUSly badass. The whole series was based upon this concept.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 10:32:01 PM
What the hell is fabulous about Zero?

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 10:54:14 PM