In need of various flying tips

Pringer X · 1633

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: September 26, 2009, 08:17:01 AM
Ok RPM, I'm going to be flying to my sister's wedding in a while and I have some questions since it's been so long since I last flown on an airplane and with the developments in my life, it changes things quite a bit. I plan on bringing my Wii, 360 hard drive, and my laptop, so what particular things should I note? Do the scanner things actually affect the data on these devices, is it a better idea to put them in with the luggage or should I hold onto them, or what? Any "not so well known" legal facts I should know about?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:21:37 AM
throw yourself at the ground, and miss.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:15:55 AM
sister's wedding
Wii, 360 hard drive, and my laptop,

Are you expecting the most boring wedding ever or what?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 10:08:04 AM
Are you expecting the most boring wedding ever or what?

I'm also in the middle of a move, when I leave the place my sister's at, I'm going straight to my new house. That, and it's going to be a couple days before and after the wedding with no real plans that I'm going to be involved with, the event isn't going to be the hugest thing ever.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:47:37 AM
The scanners won't harm your stuff.  Personally, since they're of more value, I would have those be carry-ons. 

As for regulations...  Don't take any containers of liquid over 8 oz.  That includes microwave soup bowls, drink bottles, shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, glue, etc.  Avoid packing an X-Acto knife and blades in your art caddy.  I accidentally did that once and needed to replace the knife and blades later. 

And avoid wearing pants with alotta metal on 'em.

And when you go through security, you'll need to remove your shoes.  Make sure to wear clean socks.