Megaman X6. No parts. Shadow Armor. Gate 2....

Gojira345 · 19837

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 06:21:11 AM
I still call bull on that seeings how a great many MegaMan games are impossible to clear without weapons.  X5 is the only previous game to allow skipping weapons, and yeah it worked for X5, doesn't mean it will or even should work for every game.  Not to mention that X5 is far from the model of character accessibility, considering how many parts are impossible to reach as Zero, and how many Power-Up Parts are tied to counterproductive options (X's parts with Life Ups and Zero's with Weapon Ups; not that any such association should have been made in the first place, but I cannot be the only person who thinks that the other way around would have worked better).
At this point, I'm merely presenting the facts. I gave up trying to persuade you.
Different strokes for different folks.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 05:08:40 PM
Hmm. Could it be possible to clear the gap (as Shadow anyway) by taking damage from an enemy? That resets vertical velocity as well.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 09:05:28 PM
I'm doing an unarmored naked X run. What's my shortest path past the Gate Jump?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 03:22:12 AM
You can either cycle through Magma Blade/Ground Dash, or just equip the Hyper Dash part (Jumper is not necessary but will make life easier).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:33 PM
Jumper makes you hit the wall I had thought.

As for Hyper Dash, naked unarmored X can't get it.

So I need to get both Ground Dash & Magma Blade? I can't do it with just 1 of them? Also, I don't need Speedster?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 09:32:59 PM
No, you only need one of those weapons to pause cancel hover.

Why not?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 09:55:45 PM
Uh, because it's in Turtloid's Nightmare area? At least I thought so. Where is it?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 10:03:11 PM
Number 14, Nori has it. The fourth ledge from the top on the left side. ^^

And you can get damaged by a bat and dash past the spikes that leads to the Nightmare area, as long as X is still temp-invincible.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 10:07:27 PM
Eh, I know, but that's kinda dumb. I might.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 03:37:28 AM
Jumper makes you hit the wall I had thought.
Nope, you can still get under the wall, and Jumper will increase your air time.  Jumper just isn't enough by itself, is all.  Trust me, Jumper/Hyper Dash combo is my preferred unarmored/Shadow Armor method for that pit, I use it all the time.

...why not?  The secret area of Inami Temple is a hell of a lot easier to reach and navigate unarmored than the death trap that is Jumper's location.  And there's no way you're getting to Gate's Lab 2 unarmored without that (Jumper and Ice Burst to clear the spiked wall).

So I need to get both Ground Dash & Magma Blade? I can't do it with just 1 of them? Also, I don't need Speedster?
You do not need Speedster, although it does help.  Not sure about using one single weapon.  Could work, I suppose, just more tedious, since you have to pause twice per weapon use (once to cancel and once to switch back; using two weapons you can rotate between them and thus pause once between each use).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 07:28:24 PM
It doesn't matter because I just went & nabbed Hyper Dash. Now I'm realizing I need Jumper as well, & I'm having trouble finding it.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 08:25:43 PM
It's in Wolfang's secondary area. You need to have visited Heatnix for that route to open. You need either Shadow Armor or D. Barrier to get to the portal. Same goes for reaching Dante, but Ice Burst + Hyper Dash might be able to get you over there was well.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 07:37:22 PM
I'm not sure that D. Barrier is necessary.  Some level of invulnerability-time abuse certainly is, but I don't know if the part extending it is mandatory.  Been too long since I attempted that.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 07:54:19 PM
Because you fall so slowly, normal invulnerability wears off while you're falling to the EX Tank. D Barrier gives you just enough more time to make it.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 09:53:51 PM
I've actually nabbed it sans D. Barrier; the trick is to lure the Nightmare low enough so that you can get it in time.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 12:23:44 PM
I did it today with the ice block, Hyper Dash, & some hit manipulation as unarmored X. Check & mate on not being able to beat the game as unarmored X if there was any doubt in my mind.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 07:47:39 PM
1) Did what, exactly?

2) I don't think unarmored X was the main argument.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 09:05:50 PM
T'was Unarmoured X without parts, which isn't doable.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 09:32:52 PM
1) Did what, exactly?
Grabbed Jumper.

2) I don't think unarmored X was the main argument.
Oh I know. But 2 Mavericks & 2 parts required to beat the game as X isn't too bad.

T'was Unarmoured X without parts, which isn't doable.
I know. I just wasn't sure myself if X could actually get the parts he needs without armor or anything. The fact that he can takes all cheapness out of my mind.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 02:04:16 AM
I've said many times that I don't really consider acquisition without armor to be a valid argument in X6, given that Falcon Armor is the game's default form, thus charging weapons and air-dashing are things the player is reasonably expected to be able to do.  Unarmored is handicapped for no reason other than challenge.  Even in X5 it had some benefits; in X6 it has none.  Still, kudos for the work.

And actually it's 1 Maverick and 2 Parts.  If you're using Hyper Dash and Jumper then you don't really need any weapon besides Ice Burst.  It is more convenient to have something else against High Max, but not necessary.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 07:12:42 AM
You can hurt High Max with Ice Burst? I always thought only Meteor Rain & Metal Anchor hurt him.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 03:19:54 PM
Any special weapon except for Guard Shell can hit him. I believe Metal Anchor does more, though.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 03:52:28 PM
& he'll die in like 6 or so shots?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 06:41:21 PM
Oh no. No matter which special weapon you use, that fight will take at least 2 minutes. Only by using the Mach Dash Guard Shell trick can that fight go noticeably faster. I'd go find the video that showed that trick, but I'm lazy.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 12:27:11 AM
Any special weapon except for Guard Shell can hit him. I believe Metal Anchor does more, though.

I have to disagree.  The shots he fires from his hands can be reflected with the Guard Shell.  Should you hit him with a charge shot before after he fires, the reflected shot will hit him.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)