Megaman X6. No parts. Shadow Armor. Gate 2....

Gojira345 · 19816

Offline Gojira345

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: September 26, 2009, 03:01:54 AM
.....Final Destination!

Possible?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:21:35 AM
Nope, you need Hyper Dash.  Shadow's power is insane but its lack of an otherwise standard mobility feature is the tradeoff (kinda like Gaia's slow dashing speed; air-dash is more of a standard in X6 than it was in X5).

If you want to clear X6 without parts, you want Blade (hell), Zero, or Ultimate.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:46:27 PM

If you want to clear X6 without parts, you want Blade (hell), Zero, or Ultimate.

I will say this about the Blade Armor; it's surprisingly excellent against High Max.  The charge slash has enough range to cut past his barrier w/o you getting hit, in which case you can proceed to Metal Anchor your way through said barrier and damage him.  I'd stick to the Magma Blade for Gate, though.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:01:44 PM
That actually works with your charged buster either Unarmored or Ultimate, too (Falcon's shot is too small IIRC), provided you fire at point-blank range of course.

And I use Magma Blade for High Max, as well.  The weapon just kicks too much ass.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 04:59:52 AM
After stunning High Max with Blade Armor, activate Guard Shell on your head and Mach Dash up. You take off a huge chunk of his health .

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 07:57:45 AM
Blade Armor + Ultimate Buster is pretty amusing during High Max...

After stunning High Max with Blade Armor, activate Guard Shell on your head and Mach Dash up. You take off a huge chunk of his health .
What in the...I need to try this...

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 08:38:57 AM
I gots ta try that Mach Dash with Guard Shell thing out.

Offline Gojira345

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 07:02:34 PM
Thanks.

Someone on Gfaqs told me to use Magma blade to get across....
 [objection!]
Shadow Armor doesn't use special weapons....

Fail.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
That move dips pretty far into the physics exploit pool, so I'm not all that experienced with it.  But I wonder if that trick works with Shadow's charged saber and the Ultimate Buster?  Still using a part either way.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 05:23:46 AM
I don't think it would work the same way. I believe the Magma Blade trick requires cancelling it by pausing and un/reequipping it. I don't think you can do that with a default weapon. Unless the cooldown period for Shadow charge shot is smaller than I think it is.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:11:09 PM
Can you achieve the same result by using the weapon change buttons?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 07:16:18 PM
No because pausing and changing weapons cancels the attack completely. I don't think you can even change weapons with buttons before the attack is finished.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 07:51:25 AM
I don't really use Magma Blade for anything other than Gate & stuff that needs a saber to kill, so your guess is as good as mine.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 08:14:44 PM
I believe the Magma Blade trick requires cancelling it by pausing and un/reequipping it.
I think you're right.  It's been too long since I attempted that.  Wasted effort for me when all you really need is one part slot out of five (that and I keep no boss/all item saves for the sake of replays).

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 05:59:37 AM
For the weapon exploit:
Both Magma Blade and Ground Dash work (and it's actually easier to alternate between them). If you have Ultimate Buster, you actually have a choice between 6 weapons (all except Yammar Option and Meteor Rain) since they all apply the same concept: reducing any vertical velocity X currently has to 0 so that once he starts moving, he gets more distance per drop.

For charged sabers (either Blade or Shadow):
I just tried it out, but you can only use a charged saber ONCE in midair. The only exception is when you use a charged saber -> Giga Attack -> charged saber combo (much like in X2 where you could air dash -> Speed Burner -> air dash). Until you touch the floor/wall/ladder/rope, you can only use your buster.
I'm not sure if getting hit resets this, but it's highly unlikely and useless anyways, outside of fights. I believe charged specials also don't reset, but I have to try it out to confirm.

UPDATE:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNv2E9k6Ic[/youtube]
Here it is for reference. I would've tested Jumper a bit more, but they all ended in failure and I don't feel the need to repeat the results again and again, due to time restraints. Also, I did have more recordings, but they were iffy so I chose not to include them. :\

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 09:08:26 PM
So everybody can do it without Hyper Dash. Ha, what say you now about X6, Soultrigger.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 02:39:35 AM
So, Speedster increases jump distance after a momentum-killing move?

Worthless if you're using a part anyway, but nifty nonetheless.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 02:51:37 AM
So, Speedster increases jump distance after a momentum-killing move?

Getting technical here, it's really just Speedster itself, since increased air distance is packed into the part. The move just makes that all the more potent.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 02:53:57 AM
After a normal jump, certainly.  But I thought a dash-jump would override that, since Speedster doesn't affect dashing speed.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 03:00:10 AM
After a normal jump, certainly.  But I thought a dash-jump would override that, since Speedster doesn't affect dashing speed.

That's why I prefer Hyper Dash, as it translates very well into Dash Jumps.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 04:57:25 AM

Nope. All non-dashing movement is sped up. In fact, it's only slightly slower than dash speed.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 07:56:42 PM
I love using Speedster & hovering everywhere.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 05:02:46 AM
So everybody can do it without Hyper Dash. Ha, what say you now about X6, Soultrigger.
-AC
I was pointing out that Unarmored X and Shadow can't do it without weapons/parts. How many times do I need to reiterate that for you?

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 05:09:53 AM
Where is the Hyper Dash guy anyway?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 10:55:05 PM
Turtloid's alternate path, IIRC.

-AC
I was pointing out that Unarmored X and Shadow can't do it without weapons/parts. How many times do I need to reiterate that for you?
I still call bull on that seeings how a great many MegaMan games are impossible to clear without weapons.  X5 is the only previous game to allow skipping weapons, and yeah it worked for X5, doesn't mean it will or even should work for every game.  Not to mention that X5 is far from the model of character accessibility, considering how many parts are impossible to reach as Zero, and how many Power-Up Parts are tied to counterproductive options (X's parts with Life Ups and Zero's with Weapon Ups; not that any such association should have been made in the first place, but I cannot be the only person who thinks that the other way around would have worked better).