The PC games

Skaarg · 15804

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 29, 2009, 04:37:25 PM
I have never played this game. How horrible is it?

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 29, 2009, 10:54:42 PM
Actually, what really bothered me about the sprites was how the more humanoid characters like CompassMan and RockMan Shadow were drawn in a very different style from RockMan and Forte.  If RockMan Shadow is a copy of a future RockMan, then shouldn't his body type match the RockMan you play as a little better?

You're right.  Since R-Shadow is a robot based on the future Rockman's design, you'd think he'd look at least somewhat similar to him.  Heck, at least the artwork for a boss like him should be drawn in a similar fashion as that used to draw Rock.  Perhaps he looks different because he is basically a modified/different version of Rock.  Or, perhaps more likely, Bandai didn't think like we do when they made this game.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 29, 2009, 11:12:24 PM
Rockman Shadow looks better in the cutscenes, but the sprites are a mixed bag in general. It's even acknowledged in the plot (by Rockman specifically) that Rockman Shadow looks just like Rockman.

Oh and he smells just like Forte, but thankfully we can't confirm that ourselves!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 30, 2009, 12:55:18 AM
Or perhaps we're missing the real point: that MegaRockMan and ForteBass are TWIN BROTHERS.  Awwww!

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #54 on: October 31, 2009, 02:30:38 AM
They really missed an oppotunity in the WS game.  Given the nature of the RMs, it might have been nice if they resembled an early version of Reploids (like a missing link).  Since they're from the future and all. 

I don't really like any of the art in the game.  The Shadow sprite looks like it's meant to be based off MM's MM8 sprites.  It might be that MM looked like that too (since so many things seem to be based off the SNES RnF), but was changed as the art progressed.  Pure speculation on that tho.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #55 on: October 31, 2009, 02:40:19 AM
They really missed an oppotunity in the WS game.  Given the nature of the RMs, it might have been nice if they resembled an early version of Reploids (like a missing link).  Since they're from the future and all. 

I don't really like any of the art in the game.  The Shadow sprite looks like it's meant to be based off MM's MM8 sprites.  It might be that MM looked like that too (since so many things seem to be based off the SNES RnF), but was changed as the art progressed.  Pure speculation on that tho.
I have this game in Rom form and if there is a Translation,Level editor,and pretty much a Debugger...Then i'll possibly Do a Hack of this.....for those who want it.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 31, 2009, 04:15:15 AM
Sure, send it my way.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #57 on: October 31, 2009, 04:30:39 PM

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 31, 2009, 04:49:03 PM
Your hack. I can find the ROM myself anytime. Or were you saying you need those things before you'll hack it?

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #59 on: October 31, 2009, 05:01:50 PM
Your hack. I can find the ROM myself anytime. Or were you saying you need those things before you'll hack it?
no i said i would do the hack if the fans want me to & if i had a level editor and a Traslation of the Rom Then i'l do it...along with some Help With WS Games....I've only worked on Nes MM Hacks which i'm making one.....

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 06, 2009, 06:15:09 PM

It would have been good for those robots to be more advanced.  I mean, they come from mid-20XX, so you'd think there'd be some upgrade in technology by then, but apparently not...

@Megaman Rock 963: One day, after I finish some other projects, I might make a full remake of this game (either in NES or SNES style), with perhaps 2 more RM's to fill in the gap.