Cheapest Boss Attack(s) in the series?

AquaTeamV3 · 18256

Offline Rockman Milo

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • MiloManX's gallery at deviantART
Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 08:32:07 AM
You all seem to be forgetting the Cheap REVENGE HAH attack that several bosses have (Flauclaws and Ourobockle are good examples, Pegasolta is a bad example) if you kill them while you are airborne and over a hole/pit, YOU DIE, now THAT is the cheapest attack ever, even if it's not done by the bosses, then by the programmers XD

-Elpis

What he said. THAT'S cheap.
...Oh! And Duo.EXE's meteor punches, I hate 'em >_<

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 09:29:34 PM
Black Devil...X5.....his stupid blocks are annoying.....get hit and you'll get load of damage.....and im currently busting him right now using normal X on my PSP!  8D

Duck and cover, man, duck and cover!

Offline MegaFreak2

• "That one crazy guy"
  • Cyberelf
  • Spartan Baby is not amused.
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 10:08:08 PM
Quote from: Acrosurge
Which reminds me that Epsilon's Metacrush is unavoidable and also reduces his target's HP to 1 regardless of that character's level.  I don't even know what Epsilon does after reeling in his opponent with this move, but it lays an uber hurtin'.

I always hated that. By the way, he just spins around and kicks you in the face.

I also hated Great Redips' Deus Ex Machina attack in Command Mission, and the fact that he could do it twice in a row. I'd be like "YES! I'm fully healed now!", and then all of a sudden "BWAHAHAH DEUS EX MACHINA". At first I thought, "oh, that's fine, I can just heal myself again", but NO, he gets TWO turns and kills all three party members.

Quote from: Ballade
Another annoying attack I remember is that stupid flower thing (Raffelsia?) from Command Mission.
^This

"O HAI RAFFLESIAN I GUNNA KEEL JOO NAO"

"NO TANKS I GUNNA PWN YOU WIT MAH SUNBURST"

Now that I look back at Command Mission, it's kind of sad. All my (main)characters are Level 99 now so it's no fun, and my Gamecube doesn't work so I can't start another game...

Quote from: Asvel
Sparta? THIS! IS! DAYCAAAAAAAAAAARE!!

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 10:34:44 PM
Duck and cover, man, duck and cover!
did that all the time...but  i always mistakenly jump and got hit by the incoming blocks  8D

and also mcduff whatever....whale boss from X5....when he gets weaker...he gets to the other side and shoot ice block......get hit...and you'll get a cheapy spike death........

I always hated that. By the way, he just spins around and kicks you in the face.

I also hated Great Redips' Deus Ex Machina attack in Command Mission, and the fact that he could do it twice in a row. I'd be like "YES! I'm fully healed now!", and then all of a sudden "BWAHAHAH DEUS EX MACHINA". At first I thought, "oh, that's fine, I can just heal myself again", but NO, he gets TWO turns and kills all three party members.

deux ex machina ish nuthin....what i hate is he uses attacks that gives all status ailments on my whole party...wasted much turns just to heal all that...then he does it again....annoying....

You all seem to be forgetting the Cheap REVENGE HAH attack that several bosses have (Flauclaws and Ourobockle are good examples, Pegasolta is a bad example) if you kill them while you are airborne and over a hole/pit, YOU DIE, now THAT is the cheapest attack ever, even if it's not done by the bosses, then by the programmers XD

-Elpis
never got that on ourobuckle.......but it did get me when fighting pegasolta....finished him..i was like phew finally and relaxed.....didnt realized i was on over a pithole  8D

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 10:45:38 PM
At least one of X8 Sigma II's attacks...I think the one where he fires a giant wave at you and there's virtually no way to dodge it.  He uses it incredibly rarely (in a lot of battles with him you may not even see it at all), but it's still very cheap because there's no way to dodge it.

Shadow Dash/X-Drive activation gets you through that one easily, and you can guard break him out of it like Meteor Weapon said.

I still say network Transmission had the cheapest bosses only because some of them used unavoidable attacks (curse you Protoman.EXE!!!).  They were basically prompting you to use Invis chips or Z-Cannon.  The game was still fun though, and there are a ton of Classic series references, even to the point of the final boss having a similar pattern to MM2's Alien Wily.

Colonels cape throw attack in exe 6. he throws his cape at you and if it catches you, he does a slash that reduces you to 1 HP no matter how much HP you have.

Actually, you're partially wrong on that one.  Colonel only uses the move if your HP dips below the damage of the actual move.  If you're at full health, he'll never use it.  It actually kills you instantly, but you probably had Undershirt on (which is why you had 1 HP left).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:23 PM
Eh...ya know...Mega Was original in a Lap of robot Masters...And His weakness is Thunder Beam and Ice Slasher(10 HP)...
and what I HATE!...Fire Man's Fire...Shadow Dash...then Bubbles of Burst Man,Turbo Wheel...Venus Bubble...then Launch Octopus,Crush Crawfish.Anteator..AND THUNDER OF ALPHA IN MMBN3!(h8 this creature)

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Duke87

• Not an Interstate
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 21, 2008, 12:46:13 AM
Ah yes, Alpha's Sigma Lightning attack. Dance, baby, dance! Or just use an Invis chip or something else that makes you immune to it.

Of course, having both versions of the game can work to your benefit. I know I played an awful lot through Blue before I really touched White. Thing to do? Trade a bunch of powerful stuff over that you normally wouldn't have access to yet. Alpha is annoying normally but if you throw up a Life Aura he can't touch you with anything. Ha! [eyebrow]

Still, I think the cheapest attack by far in the alternate timeline games is Pegasus SP's giant Iceberg of doom. Absolutely undodegable and unblockable. Only way to avoid it is to get lucky and be able to throw up an Invis, Barrier, or Aura in time. And unlike Leo and Dragon's ultimate attacks, which you can just absorb the damage from if you're doing well enough, Pegasus' freezes you, meaning if you get hit by it, you also get hit by his next attack. So even if you can survive it, you're still probably toast if you get hit with it. Much annoyance. Pegasus remains the only boss (Well, except Andromeda) in that game that I haven't S ranked. Thank goodness for cipher mail so you don't need to!

Offline Cyberpunk

• Mad Gunner
  • Net Navi
  • Almost... there...
    • View Profile
    • Lunaar Corp
Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 09:06:58 PM
In X5, Sigma's first form tosses these blue energy waves at you that take up most of the screen, leaving only a small jump or duck space to avoid them. And you'd better avoid them, since they do ludicrous amounts of damage. And he throws them at, like, 3 or 4 at a time! Unless you're a controller ninja, or have Sub-Tanks to waste, you'll die. DIE.

The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 28, 2008, 10:22:27 PM
I also slightly remember that if you did not have the right requirements, High Max would be a pain in the ass to take down. I mean, his attacks were not that cheap, but he took like 3 hours to take down if you entered his lair unprepared.

Flok's favorites:

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #59 on: November 30, 2008, 04:02:20 AM
Anything named Bass.exe was a pain in the @$$. :W

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 30, 2008, 04:51:09 PM
I also slightly remember that if you did not have the right requirements, High Max would be a pain in the ass to take down. I mean, his attacks were not that cheap, but he took like 3 hours to take down if you entered his lair unprepared.

Oh man i remember the very first time i played x6 and got to him in the final levels for first time ever. Couldn't ever figure out how to damage him and did die so many times and using the sub tanks with no luck ever..

Until i found out the best way to ever hit him ..which was very time consuming was to have the auto-charge function turned on to get him vulnerable (which does 0 damage anyway) ..pause the screen and switch the hammer throwing weapon ..toss a hammer and it'll actually do like 1 hp damage literally ...unpause ...and keep jumping around the room trying to stay alive while the auto-charge takes care of things...when i get the chance... repeat over and over opening the menu, pick the hammer thing ..hit him once, switch back via menu until dead.

it was NOT a good idea to just switch weapons via R and L buttons cause that didn't help me at all ...so that took a long time

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 30, 2008, 05:03:17 PM
Oh man i remember the very first time i played x6 and got to him in the final levels for first time ever. Couldn't ever figure out how to damage him and did die so many times and using the sub tanks with no luck ever..

Until i found out the best way to ever hit him ..which was very time consuming was to have the auto-charge function turned on to get him vulnerable (which does 0 damage anyway) ..pause the screen and switch the hammer throwing weapon ..toss a hammer and it'll actually do like 1 hp damage literally ...unpause ...and keep jumping around the room trying to stay alive while the auto-charge takes care of things...when i get the chance... repeat over and over opening the menu, pick the hammer thing ..hit him once, switch back via menu until dead.

it was NOT a good idea to just switch weapons via R and L buttons cause that didn't help me at all ...so that took a long time

I've felt your pain, except on an extra path on a normal level instead. Funny thing is, his pattern isn't that difficult, and his weakness is the Magma Blade, after stunning him with a full-powered charge shot. If you're playing as Zero, you have to Magma Slash him first, then attack him with normal saber slashes.

Offline MegaTuga

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 06, 2009, 09:03:21 PM
All the Bowlman.EXE attacks in MMBN3...

Oh and the Alpha electric beam...

I R IDIUT NEKROPOSTUR LOLOLOLOLOOLOLLLLLL!!!!11!!!12!1121!!!

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 10:08:37 PM
All the Bowlman.EXE attacks in MMBN3...

Oh and the Alpha electric beam...
Dude. The last post in this thread was in NOVEMBER. Why dig up a dead topic just to post that?

Every time I find another necropost from you, I want to ban you more.