Unaired Ruby-Spears Megaman Episode?

The Great Gonzo · 32937

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 05:21:35 AM
I meant how RS would have handled his character. as Im pretty sure He might have the same personality that proto has in it.
Bass doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would ever talk in Scott McNeil's sarcastic voice, though. That's just too funny!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 05:23:50 AM
Proto isnt either, and yet he was.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 05:31:54 AM
No, I can imagine the games' ProtoMan with that attitude, like "Meh, I'm too good for this mission", or "Yeh, lemme show you the real way to destroy another robot."

I also think Ruby-Spears would have taken Bass's name literally and given him a very low voice.

Hey... Maybe we should try dubbing the TV show's audio onto MegaMan 8 to see how hilarious it can get!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 05:36:46 AM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, notice, some little temptation for flaming?

Well lets keep it calm, i bet that the readon why all the RS Megaman Hate its for one obvious reason, it was contemporany to the SF Fiasco that ocurred duriong the same time, and THAT includes de SF cartoon (the american one).

Im Not going to lie, back then i liked the megaman cartoon when i was a kid, in my country, but then i forget about it, and the, i just was a little indiferent about what i think of the show, i didnt hate it, but i didnt like it either, yes, i wasnt pleassed as much as the generic macho designs, i dont triying to sound like a weeabo and if i sound, i apologize in advance, but i founded the OVA and pilot designs more fitting and somehow cute..........but wait, i think something come's to my mind.....

You know what, i think what could been the solution to this dilemma, having 2 Megaman cartoons with different styles, a "Serious" Megaman Cartoon, RS Megaman of course, and a "not so serious" Megaman Cartoon, wich had the original designs and it was comical, but lighthearded for the kiddies, with a weird humor..........

you probably know what im talking about............and if you dont

That's No Good 8U

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 05:39:15 AM
it was contemporany to the SF Fiasco that ocurred duriong the same time, and THAT includes de SF cartoon (the american one).
But if it weren't for that cartoon, we wouldn't have the "Bison crying 'Yes!'" fad!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 06:03:13 AM
By the Way, I Read that the OVA's were created BEFORE the Cartoonwas conceived, and watching at the pilot pictures, its obvious that they originally wanted to keep that style, but at the end, it happened what i happened

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 06:49:18 AM
Hey... Maybe we should try dubbing the TV show's audio onto MegaMan 8 to see how hilarious it can get!

It's surprising just how well that works.

I'll bet if that art style had been used for the cartoon, nobody would've had any complaints.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 06:56:36 AM
Wasn't there speculation that the TV show influenced MegaMan 8's style?

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 08:09:06 AM
I woul have LOVED to see RS Bass. now THAT would be hilarious. At least Subtank made RS Zero.
What about my RS-Bass? :/
Does anyone have links to either of these pictures?  I tried searching the forum for "Ruby-Spears Zero" and wound up finding a post about your "Ruby-Spears Bass", but the DeviantArt link doesn't seem to work anymore.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 08:14:15 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: September 14, 2009, 08:21:34 AM
Heh, I guess I was too distracted by the Super-Deformed characters to notice!

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 15, 2009, 12:14:28 AM
I loved the OVA. plus it was integrated nicely. Megaman comes out of the TV, and as he tries to sort of fit in, he learns of stuff. It wasnt just a culture lesson, and it was a very well made one at that. plus, the animation was really good. And the basic Idea was fantasy enough to work. kids favorite Video Game characters come out of the TV and battle it out in real life. What kid hasnt dreamed that at some time or another?
It would've been better if he hadn't & had just fought Wily & stuff.

RS Megaman is only enjoyable because it was hilariously bad. as in, its so bad, it good.
I guess. By that logic any cartoon geared towards American kids is bad, & I'd have to disagree with that.

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #62 on: September 15, 2009, 12:17:33 AM
Well, I've seen some episodes of Megaman on YouTube (Including the first episode and that Mega X one 8D). According to Megaman Wikia, there is a rumored about Bass (aka Forte) to be in the third series, which didn't happened at all. Instead, Ruby-Spears decided to end it series, due to their bankruptcy after 1996, this pretty upset the fans back then.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 12:12:01 AM
You know what, i think what could been the solution to this dilemma, having 2 Megaman cartoons with different styles, a "Serious" Megaman Cartoon, RS Megaman of course, and a "not so serious" Megaman Cartoon, wich had the original designs and it was comical, but lighthearded for the kiddies, with a weird humor..........
It's not as if RS was without light/weird humor, though.  Rush in particular got the bulk of it, but the others contributed once in a while too.

This is pure rampant speculation, but I'm wondering how/if the change in art style affected their casting decisions, and at the same time wondering if the "anything not game/Ariga is hell" people need to be careful what they're wishing for.  I certainly don't see the RS voices fitting the literal game art style, and I have this nagging fear that we could have very well wound up with two seasons of MM8-level performances had the company tried to match voices to it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 12:29:25 AM
I liked when Roll got told she couldn't do things because she's not Mega Man.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 16, 2009, 12:42:01 AM
and at the same time wondering if the "anything not game/Ariga is hell" people need to be careful what they're wishing for.
we could have very well wound up with two seasons of MM8-level performances had the company tried to match voices to it.

Oh yes. D:

Reminds me of the OVA English dub. It's kind of...eh. Proto's voice makes me wish they'd let Mr. McNeil voice him as well, squishy game design or no.

Though his Japanese voice is even more ridiculous.

Instead, Ruby-Spears decided to end it series, due to their bankruptcy after 1996, this pretty upset the fans back then.

If I remember correctly, Bandai/Capcom were the ones to pull the plug, because sales from other lines were doing badly.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 16, 2009, 12:52:00 AM
I liked when Roll got told she couldn't do things because she's not Mega Man.
I forget, why didn't she become MegaWoman that time MegaMan went to the future for no reason?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: September 16, 2009, 12:53:35 AM
I forget, why didn't she become MegaWoman that time MegaMan went to the future for no reason?

No time? She did get that awesome toaster cannon, though. That has to count for something.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #68 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:52 AM
I always found it interesting that Roll is not meant for combat and yet is capable of vacuuming up cannon shots...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: September 16, 2009, 01:01:03 AM
Tim Taylor must have designed her arm.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: September 16, 2009, 01:04:38 AM
I always found it interesting that Roll is not meant for combat and yet is capable of vacuuming up cannon shots...

She got creative with her existing capabilities. Rock had squat.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: September 17, 2009, 04:42:31 AM
in my fangame, she's gonna have more than that >0<

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: September 19, 2009, 02:08:39 AM
When did he go to the future?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: September 19, 2009, 02:13:07 AM
Something to do with wily and a time machine. it was a future where since Megaman dissapeared, (cuz he went into the future, lol) Wily took over the world.

or something. I didnt see it.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: September 19, 2009, 02:28:20 AM
Something to do with wily and a time machine. it was a future where since Megaman dissapeared, (cuz he went into the future, lol) Wily took over the world.

or something. I didnt see it.

Dr. Light made a time machine, which Dr. Wily attempted to steal; when that didn't work, Wily simply ordered the thing destroyed. Megaman shoved Dr. Light in it and set it for one minute in the future (more likely it was already set) in an attempt to get him out of the blast radius. When the machine returned Dr. Light was missing, and Megaman assumed the worst and went into the future to look for him.

Dr. Light had actually been thrown clear of the blast and was still in the present. I'm surprised Megaman didn't feel the need to break something after he returned and found that out.