0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
on: November 13, 2008, 03:55:52 PM
Lately I have noticed how I have changed to play video games. In the past I used to focus on one singleplayer game at a time, and usually beat them or sometimes not, but in the present years I have been playing multiple singleplayer games at once because of the increased money I have obtained.

But here is the deal, sometimes when I am busy playing 2 different games, 3 different games, or heck even 4 different games during a period, I get frustrated. Frustrated to know what to do next in said game and frustrated to get used to the game's controls again each time I continue.

These past few days, I said to myself "[tornado fang] it" and decided to concentrate on one single game at a time, so that I can immerse and enjoy myself better. This only applies to me, but I think that I enjoy playing 1 game at a time more than playing multiple different singleplayer games.

Do note that I am talking about single player games, not multiplayer games. I believe that it is highly enjoyable to play multiple multiplayer games at once than playing 1 multiplayer game at a time, beating and unlocking everything, and forgetting about it.

So what is your take on this? What do you enjoy more?

Flok's favorites:

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 04:57:43 PM
Dear person with awessome avatar, i'm not sure, but if you are beginning to get frustrated with single player games that means one or more of those:

1. You are getting old, and as consequence you are losing reflexes and capacity of concentration.
2. You're slowly getting bored of Videogames.

Personally, i can concentrate unless the game has flashy colors and lots of non-sensical stuff.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 06:35:27 PM
Heh, those statements definitely do not apply to me. Let me clarify a bit more, I am getting a bit frustrated with single player games because there are so much games coming out, so I try to rush through the games I still need to beat, and then my next anticipated game has come out, I buy it, and bam, I usually forget about the past games I still have to beat.

But, usually a year later, I decide to go back, and then I also beat those past games for the first time. Such is the case with games like Twilight Princess and Prime 3 Corruption, I beat both of them a full year later after their release, simply because I was busy with other games or life issues. And I enjoyed them.

In all honestly, I actually have mad reflexes. In my gamers's group, it is ME, the annoying gamer, who usually wins the multiplayer game because of "cheap tactics" quoted by my friends, while in reality, they are effective, a "playing to win" strategy, while I also enjoy it at the same time. Both my friends and myself have gotten used to this now.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 06:40:23 PM
i currently have no game that needs my full attention so im changing between
Kirby SuperStars Ultra
Castlevania OoE
Infinite Undiscovery
ToD2
Yggdra Union
and Lost Odyssey

with the release of Last Remnant i guess i will focus my attention on this game untli i beat it which should no take longer than a week.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 10:28:24 PM
I only have one game to play right now, Spore, and I'm giving all my attention to it.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:43:45 PM
I know that feeling. I was trying to play too many games at once, and when I realized that in the past year I finished only 7 games, I changed my gaming policy to: 1 "big" game that needs my attention, and 1-2 short games to play when I don't have too much free time, and I won't play yet another game before finishing the already started one. It usually works.

Offline Ace DeSpade

• More awesome than you.
  • Robot Master
  • ^Is awesome.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 12:50:49 AM
I focus with two or three games at a time. As long as they're not connected by storyline.

However, if one of the games I'm playign turns out to be difficult and interesting, I just keep playing that one.

[insert decent signature here]

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 02:15:41 AM
One game at a time for me. I can't concentrate anymore than that.

When was the last time I poked you guys...