Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

Satoryu · 14359

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:01 AM
i played the demo today. and i'm not all that impressed with what i played. the controls felt really wonky. but maybe that's just the default vehicles i was using.

i still have a little bit of hope that something good can come out of this. i still plan to get the game Tuesday, as it is a budget price point for 360, and i want my free BK1.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 07:33:13 AM
Maybe something well.  I, however, am not interested.

LoL, and someone's going for Top Topic Poster tonight!   8D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 07:58:40 AM
LoL, and someone's going for Top Topic Poster tonight!   8D

someone has to make up for lost time.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:22:53 PM
I was interested just because it's Banjo-Kazooie, but reviews and user impressions are really turning me off. They said the whole point of the vehicle emphasis was to provide more freedom of approach and expand the platforming aspect, but then you read that most challenges are either races or fetch quests and eeeeh...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 09:28:56 PM

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:34:42 PM
I hated the demo when I first played it (some may remember from before the reboot), but I gave it another go because I wanted to pull that "Move Beyond the Barrier" glitch. I found I had a ton more fun with it when I stopped treating it as Banjo-Kazooie and just began to mess around with the game, like using an elaborate set up of boxes and the trolley to reach new places, sort of bringing back the platforming aspect in a very odd way. Because of all of this messing around and exploration, I found a few easter eggs, like how an abandoned dock as a picture of the pink S'N'S egg painted randomly on the wall.

Passed that, I bothered building a plane and used it to just casually fly around the Banjoworld level, allowing me to make a few discoveries as well as pull the always fun stunt of flying the plane as high as I could and bailing out, causing Banjo to suffer a very large painful drop.

I'd say give the game a second go and just get creative with it. Yeah, you're limited in moves on foot and the challenges are mostly races and fetch quests, but it's all the extra stuff you can do and how creative you can get with the challenges that open up the game.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:37:56 PM
I might just rent it and see if I can beat it in one sitting.  I mean, I just wasn't fond of the fact that this was another Banjo Kazooie game.  The vehicles weren't bad, just not what I wanted.  Anyway, we'll see.  However, they should NEVER put a Protect Mission in a demo.  Ever!   8D

But perhaps I will try the demo again one day, Strange Tired Moose!

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 10:46:38 PM
Apperantly the game is bugged to hell. and people on SDTVs can't read jack. Rare is turning a blind on on most things though because it's "too expensive and time consuming".

Offline shinobigoomba

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 10:49:00 PM

thats was pretty much my reaction

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 02:47:45 AM
post goes here

See, from the moment after the "Gimmie Banjo-Kazooie 3 nao!" kid in me got silenced and I looked at the overall concept of the game, I knew that this was going to be the deal. However, me being sorely lacking in the platformer department and finding out that this was a very far departure from the typical norm basically wrote it off as not being compelling enough for the jump. now with your new set of impressions, I have to wonder if I did jump the gun.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 05:06:13 AM
Most people are, since they were expecting something and didn't get that... you know, the usual Hype Kill Effect. If you tell that hype to shut up and just play the game with the intent of being an insane mad scientist, it honestly is no different from being a child and being handed Legos to build insane vehicles. Hell, the trailer in the demo after clearing it showed that they built a Gundam (pretty big in size) and were fighting a boss with it. Some reviewers were saying that you can approach challenges differently because of this. IGN's cited a sumo wrestling match where you build a heavy car to push the other heavy car off the ring. But instead of doing that, the guy built a light vehicle, but made part of it spring ejecting and ejected from the car at the last moment, cause the big guy's momentum to work against him and he went flying off the arena, winning the challenge.

Another one was a distance flying one where, instead of building a glider, he build a rocket car and right before the jump, he blew up his car on purpose and went flying. Like I said, this game may not look stellar, but that's because it's heavily reliant on what demented ideas you put in to it. You can build a car to help you do on foot platforming exploration if you want. The online multiplayer also looks very fun.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 07:47:10 AM
the one thing not to do with this game is treat it as a Banjo Kazooie game. it's not the same bear and bird. it's a spinoff title, despite if Rare call it Threeie or not.

Offline Rockman Milo

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • MiloManX's gallery at deviantART
Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 07:18:28 AM
the one thing not to do with this game is treat it as a Banjo Kazooie game. it's not the same bear and bird. it's a spinoff title, despite if Rare call it Threeie or not.

I totally agree with that, though I gotta admit I really enjoyed building my own vehicle. Actually, I made a really nice assault plane XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 10:15:40 PM
i'm pissed. i just got my copy, but the Gamestop was already out of the voucher for BK1. they said it was a first come first serve kinda deal. that aggravates me, as does not knowing exactly when the game came in and having class for most of the afternoon.

this $40 better be worth it.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 10:45:12 PM
It's not. Have fun playing Banjo Kazooie: Vehicles and unreadable bullshit.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 11:15:33 PM
I got my coupon early, already cashed it in and beat Banjo Kazooie in a single sitting. According to the leader boards, I was the first person to get 200/200... or pretty much full completion. Woo empty accomplishment.

As for this game... I don't know... I'm still a bit mixed about it since I'm seeing people saying there's too many missions in fetchquest and protect style, and I didn't particularly like those. I preferred just flying around in an airplane and doing tricks with it, which is far from how you're supposed to play to beat the game.

I'll probably decide if I pay it off tomorrow and pick up the game or scrap the preorder and put it toward Sonic Unleashed. I've still got messing around in Vesperia to hold me off.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 11:31:38 PM
Can I has your Live! info so I can steal BK from you? kthnkx

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 11:41:55 PM
It's not. Have fun playing Banjo Kazooie: Vehicles and unreadable bullshit.

i have an HDTV. i can actually read the dialogue.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 12:51:59 AM
i have an HDTV. i can actually read the dialogue.

Reason for having an HDTV in the first place: it double's the size. Ha! (Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts as written; it's just a game with Banjo and Kazooie slapped on it *shot*)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 02:33:16 AM
the beginning of the game shows that Rare can still write amazingly funny dialogue, full of injokes. they even acknowledged Grabbed by the Ghoulies was a failure. the writing is 100% Bear and Bird. even the whole intro scenario was funny, having B&K gorging themselves for the last 8 years. then they make fun of the collectathon genre.

gameplay is 1% Bear and Bird, though. but it's not supposed to be. i haven't done much. just got a handful of Jiggies and made a vehicle. i can't complain about anything yet.

i may have just gotten used to it, but i thought the demo's controls were icky,whereas i'm not crashing nearly as much in the real game.

Offline shinobigoomba

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 04:39:34 AM
I made a landmaster  8D

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 04:46:08 AM
Haven't played it yet (damn 360 internet ><) but I want to at least rent the game to see if it's good. It sounds like it's either a great game, or a very bad game, and because opinions are so mixed, I decided to try it out for myself.

Offline BigManW

• Net Navi
  • Good versus evil has never been so stylish.
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 06:07:53 AM

thats was pretty much my reaction
Bigger version plz.(Not just the link.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 08:17:10 PM
Rare, that better be true D:

Maybe not however, after Perfect Dark Zero...

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.