Wich one was harder for you? MM9 or MM And Bass?

ParasiteBirth · 25878

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 06:47:16 AM
Oh right... That CD...
That's the only one left that I have yet to collect... >_<

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 06:48:14 AM
[tornado fang], you just reminded me of it. I [tornado fang]ing hate it, and I still haven't obtained it.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 06:48:56 AM
i had to savestate so many times to do that. i didn't even try to do it on my GBA; it would just cause tears.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 06:50:26 AM
Doesn't change the fact 9 is easier.

Holding your hand doesn't make it easier?

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 07:21:48 AM
What I did to get that last CD was to turn on the power-up that gives you a stronger shot when your health is low.  I also beat the Sniper Joe when it was on the very edge of the screen, so I wouldn't be fighting it while the floor was being destroyed.  Then when I summoned Rush with low health, my shots were strong enough to destroy the floor-muncher in one hit, and with some practice I got the timing down so that I always hit that enemy before it got too far.  I do wonder if that was the intended solution, since that's the only thing that worked for me without using savestates!

Holding your hand doesn't make it easier?
In what ways does the game "baby" you or "hold your hand"?

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 08:53:51 AM
^ Yes that was the same tactic that I do to get that CD as far as I remember. MM&B is one of my first two GBA games together with Circle Of The Moon.

MM&B has no E-Tank...THAT'S IT. Yes there are weapon upgrades & other tools to assist but an existent of E-Tank will make a huge difference. The stages are longer, which would normally I will like if implemented in 8-bit games but in this... >_<

That Centipede midboss in Ground Man Stage always gets into my nerve.  >_< Plus there's Dynamo Man, Magic Man, & Pirate Man...those bastard. Then when I first reach the Final stage where the boss rematch is I was like...WT@#%! *Jaw drops*
Though that was actually pretty cool I think instead of the usual 8 Boss Capsule room.

Note: I normally play as Megaman using only the Buster(NO CHARGE).

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 09:04:40 AM
Megaman and Bass....why?
Remember the time when bosses couldnĀ“t heal themselves? [tornado fang] you DynamoMan....[tornado fang] you.
Do you remember when AstroMan was an easy boss with a terrible stage? Have you noticed that the Magic Card does almost [parasitic bomb] to him?
But it was fun  8)

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 01:50:18 AM
MM&B, King Stages, the bosses but especially the flying tank, God I died so much to it.

MM9 was hard, but more entertainingly hard. I would say that MM9 is the better pick up and play of the two.

Flok's favorites:

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 04:14:15 AM
BoMF is right about the off-screen take-out on Snipey Joe. When he's gone, you can take care of the mole by aiming properly with the buster, while Rush is digging. The moment it pops up, shoot, then jump and shoot again while its airborne and shoot one more time when it re-appears. If you're fast enough, you can take it down before the mole digs back into the ground again. I do it without the Power Shot.

What I don't understand is why people depended on save states to get that CD. I did it easily on my Super Famicom and the Game Boy Player. Even though there's some kind of annoyance level with the CD & enemy placement, if you have sexcellent buster shot precision, it isn't as tough as you think.

If you're unsure of when the mole will show up, take a few steps to the right until you see the mole and QUICKLY turn back (while it's still airborne). You now have an idea of where the respawn for the mole is, and whenever you're ready, use your buster to take it down, switch to Rush Search, let him dig and remember to shoot the mole when it shows up again.

Before you dig, you can use Lightning Bolt to get rid of the moles and Joe. ^^

Mega Man & Bass was hard?

Finally someone who agrees with me~ *high 5* ^.^O

The rest of you, watch my theme week video. </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 04:41:14 AM
In what ways does the game "baby" you or "hold your hand"?

You are given only a choice of 3 bosses at the start, all with incredibly predictable battles. The bosses they end up unlocking have an obvious weakness to the one you just defeated. So that cuts the whole Rock Scissors Paper guessing games. Stages aren't that long, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, not to mention they're not that tough either. Their difficulty largely depends on one-hit kill areas. ALL the upgrades can be purchased unlike Mega Man 8, so you can end up with everything before you even reach King's Castle. On top of that, a majority of them boost your base powers quite a bit making further challenges even easier, let's not forget that you can also buy all the 1ups you want. King's Stages are also some of the easiest in the series by far. The only difficulty I would see is getting past some of those bosses the first time around.

Mega Man 9 still retained the shop, but most items were expensive. The game was also pretty damn hard the first run through since it gave you absolutely no mercy and you had the Rock Scissors Paper guessing game back where you would fight the boss in no specific order and hope you could get down their pattern before being taken down to your last life. Sure, after your second one, it's easy as [tornado fang], but you already know what's coming.

Really, MM&B was easy by Mega Man standards. The addition of E-tanks would have just made an easy game even easier.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 05:08:49 AM
Even if I do agree with some of your points, I still found MM9 easier, specially the bosses. Besides, the question is which is harder, not if MM&B is hard.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 03, 2009, 05:33:48 AM
if you have sexcellent buster shot precision,
And most of us don't.   >^<

That's why RockMan games have Master Weapons and That One Easy Boss.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 06:14:00 AM
yeah Vix. not all of us have fast Swedish fingers.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 09:03:46 AM
Besides, the question is which is harder, not if MM&B is hard.

It's relevant to the question.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 03, 2009, 09:17:18 AM
I suppose they give you the 100 CDs quest for if you want to MAKE the game hard.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 11:24:54 AM
I seriously think Dynamo man was the hardest thing in Megaman And Bass...Maybe Dynamo man and the fight with King, overall I think it was pretty easy too.

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 04:00:11 PM
I never played 9, but it still looks easier than MM&Bass. dear lord Dynamo man... And dont get me started on King's stages. even Wily was easier than all the stages combined. the stages were made for Bass, but someone at cappy said, "No, you have to have Megaman in it too" so they threw him in too. Bass is broken compared to Megaman. But seriously, many of the stages were reeeally cheap. tenguman's made me rage a bit. Those cloud enemies were annoying.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009, 01:33:03 AM
Mega Man 9 still retained the shop, but most items were expensive.
MM&B does not allow you to camp an enemy spawn point with the Jewel Satellite while you nap, so that point is moot.

Sure, after your second one, it's easy as [tornado fang], but you already know what's coming.
See, there's how someone can differ in what one defines as a "challenge".  To me a challenge should be challenging even when you know what's coming.  Your first run is the learning curve.  Difficulty is defined to me after you know what you're doing, and in that sense, MM9 is easy as [parasitic bomb].  By your third run you can play the game with your eyes closed; the game HAS virtually no difficulty outside of trial-and-error.

To me, not only does that not make a challenging game, it doesn't make that great a MegaMan game.  It's a good thing there's a kickass arsenal, kickass music, and ProtoMan, because the difficulty level and the shop are both crap.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009, 01:44:39 AM
Well, Bass can shoot straight up at worms in GroundMan's level, so does that count as a good campsite too?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 01:47:39 AM
No, because shooting up requires you hold something on the controller, therefore you cannot nap without the use of rubber bands/weights.

It's considerably slower, too, since Bass can work only with a single spawn point.  MM9 lets you use two or three at once easily, so long as they're close enough.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 02:00:06 AM
See, there's how someone can differ in what one defines as a "challenge".  To me a challenge should be challenging even when you know what's coming.  Your first run is the learning curve.  Difficulty is defined to me after you know what you're doing, and in that sense, MM9 is easy as [parasitic bomb].  By your third run you can play the game with your eyes closed; the game HAS virtually no difficulty outside of trial-and-error.

To me, not only does that not make a challenging game, it doesn't make that great a MegaMan game. 

except every other Classic game, and many other MMs like the first two X games, is just like that; after your first trip through, you know what's coming.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:23 AM
ANY game benefits from experience, get equipped with relative terms.  The vast majority of X-series and Classic-series games remain at a fair challenge after repeated plays, and even if easy, at least remain engaging.  I don't consider being easy or difficult to be in and of itself a game flaw.  I DO consider challenge derived solely from memorizing the location of off-screen death traps to be a flaw.  Once you know where the helicopter claws are, that's about half of MM9's challenge gone right there.

Other MegaMan games involve this little thing called reaction, it's what lets you get through an unfamiliar challenge without necessarily having to die first.  There's virtually none of that in MM9.  There's just throwing your lives away as you learn the death trap locations (oh yeah, and knowing how to snake your jump path without a dash).  If I wanted a game that took your lives for the hell of it, I'd play I Wanna Be The Guy.

I'm not saying MM9 isn't fun, it is.  I'm just saying there are better MegaMan games out there.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 04:39:18 AM
MM&B does not allow you to camp an enemy spawn point with the Jewel Satellite while you nap, so that point is moot.

It is not a moot point. The contents of the shop end up affecting the difficulty as well.

Mega Man 9's shop only has items for purchase such as E-Tanks and Master Tanks.

Mega Man and Bass has character upgrades that increase your base powers. There's even one for health regeneration.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 05, 2009, 05:01:16 AM
Last I checked, this topic was about posting your own opinion of game difficulty comparison, not taking half of the topic to make others see your point, why it matters, and why it's right.

Only played a demo of Megaman 9, but I have MM&B stashed away, and while the old Classic games were tough, MM&B shoves a Tornado Fang in my ass every chance it gets. I don't even remember the bosses anymore because I was only able to reach one, and he opened a can of Capcom hatred mixed with some cream and abit of Whoop Ass on me.  o//////o

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 05:06:15 AM
Eh, overall I had a tougher time with RM&B. RM9 was based almost entirely on memorization, even more so than the older entries in the series. I seem to recall mentioning this at some point in the past, but anyways, the point stands that RM9 is based far more on memorization than most RMs. How difficult RM9 is is entirely tied with how quickly you catch on to the obstacles. For me, it was by and large far easier than RM&B.