Halo Legends

Saber · 14422

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 11:10:32 PM
I played the game once. A pal brought his 360 with him on one of my Robotics team outings to Long Island. in the hotel we played it, and I could not for the life of me get the hang of it. Plus, I see Halo as overrated.

Agreed. Halo isn't a bad series, but holy [parasitic bomb] do people go nuts over it. Apparently the inner frat boy in people is big enough to warrant a bunch of sales and one game literally saving a system (IIRC the original xbox had NOTHING going for it, the best games on it were DOA3 and the Oddworld game until Halo showed up, and even THEN there were few other games that sold well on the thing that couldn't be found on the PS2). The whole rant is for another thread though, but I wouldn't mind the Halo anime/cartoon/whatever if it didn't focus on Master Chief and developed some other characters (admittedly I only saw the 5 minute preview on this thread so I have no clue if there are more episodes up or what, and if so, where to find them; my 360 doesn't connect online so I can't get anything on XBL).

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 01:27:21 AM
The main issue with the original box was the system itself and also lack of eleven support. Which the 360 has a lot more of. Though it just doesn't do well because of it being an American product. (lol ereven pride)

Even the top people at Famitsu have openly stated that the Halo games are great when it comes down to it, and that the  360 is so far in the lead when it comes to evolving the gaming market. (connectivity and media on a world wide scale)