New EXE Game To Be A Remake Confirmed?

Klavier Gavin · 16384

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 06:50:11 AM
true, that's true...
[tornado fang]. Why not just make another Network Transmission? seriously...

Is a fan of both the "hobby" and side-scrolling Megaman games, I must say that I really like this idea.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009, 07:31:42 AM
If you can't get kids into platformer games aimed to kids and/or nostalgia fans like half the people here, then you won't get the FPS and Sony crowds into megaman because they are mature gamers that play mature games like themselves, unless MML3 plays like Bayonetta.

In before Zone of the Enders

Megaman May Cry it is, then. XD
Roll and Tron in leather outfits, Trigger shooting off cheesy lines, ah, that'd be funny.

Nah, really, I don't know how you'd go about mainstreaming Megaman. Perhaps it's more about the art and setting than the genre.

I've never played ZoE. Just like I never sat down long enough to finish LoZ:OoT nor have I played Valkyria Chronicles.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009, 07:45:06 PM
They can add VERY EASY Mode?  8D
Then they'll complain about the game being too easy because they never try any other mode.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 09:25:52 PM
Is a fan of both the "hobby" and side-scrolling Megaman games, I must say that I really like this idea.

So do I

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 06, 2009, 02:09:17 AM
Network Transmission really put an interesting spin on platforming. It was too long and structured to be as fun as a Classic MM or MMX game, though. But that's just me, because except for ZX and Tails' Adventure, Metroidvanias bore me.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 10:08:49 PM
I just weish that weren't all that focused on money, I would love to had played DASH3 or X9 but Inafune and his team need money to make that happen and if only he didn't have to worry about money and executive meddling, he would have full creative control over the project and we would finally have a good quality Megaman game again. It is too early for an EXE remake and EXE needs to left alone for a little while before the remake thing happens, I will still wait for a ZX3 as well as DASH but Capcom why aren't willing to take a risk with Megaman and create for us the long desired sequels we waiting for?

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 11:15:53 PM
In soviet Capcom, Rockman DASH designs development teams

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 12:42:29 AM
I refuse to believe! I refuse!

Why would he be playing a game in development "for fun"? It'd be for testing if anything. Also, the quote makes it seem like a personal project. Also also, I am probably in denial.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 10, 2009, 06:04:22 PM

Still have to wait next month for full details.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #59 on: July 10, 2009, 07:20:00 PM
Yup, it's looking to be a remake:

This teaser for next month’s issue, which was posted on 2ch, specifically says that the legendary title “EXE1″ will be appearing on the DS this winter as a fusion of cards and action RPG. More details will naturally come out next month.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 10, 2009, 07:29:33 PM
Is EXE1 really that legendary? I haven't been around during the time the MMBN series started so I don't know how much it got hyped.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #61 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:44 PM
It was hyped fair enough. Game's good, just a little underraited in some cases when the fourth game came out.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 07:37:18 PM
Makes me wonder if they're gonna end up "remaking" all of the EXE entries on the DS at some point. After all, this is Capcom, they like to milk.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 10:02:18 PM
It would almost certainly seem that way if they're remaking BN1.

But so soon? And, remember, BN1 was drastically different from the other BN games, so this could, could, just be a one-shot remake.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 10:03:41 PM
Is EXE1 really that legendary? I haven't been around during the time the MMBN series started so I don't know how much it got hyped.
Well, I know the diehard fans screamed foul the moment they heard about it. Then again, some of them did the same for the Zero series change in style, so they were a finicky bunch.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13:48 PM

I don't remember how I found out about it. Probably either Planet Megaman or GameFAQs.

But yes, BN1 started the whole series, and for Capcom, it's legendary in terms of being a source of easy remake revenue since Starforce (more or less) flopped. Of course, BN6 was where SF1-3 are in terms of marketing awareness.

Either way, BN1 had a fully-connected internet (16 non-distinguishable areas), 15 chips to choose from instead of 10, the rough draft for the Program Advance system, had a lot of the most favored and future-repeated NetNavis in the same game, etc.

Personally, I think they just want to say ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US again, but that's just me.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 10:50:20 PM
It was one of the first Gameboy Advance games. It was visually impressive. It had a fun, original battle system and it recycled the characters from the classic games to make them go with the times, and it worked.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 11, 2009, 01:10:23 AM
16 non-distinguishable areas
Hey, I can distinguish them.

15 chips to choose from instead of 10
Yeah, they should bring that system back, only don't reset the chips back to 5 after you use some.  Come on, isn't waiting a turn enough of a sacrifice?  And you should be able to buy all elemental armors AND styles!  Do you think that makes it too easy?  Then just make all the enemies a bigger pain to fight!

And there should be a quest to earn the Bass chip so you don't have to trade with anybody or get into some one-time tournament somewhere or cheat just to get 100% completion.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 11, 2009, 01:19:10 AM
Hey, I can distinguish them.

I, err, well, generally speaking! >^<

Internet Area 14 as opposed to Electopia Area 2. Or something.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 11, 2009, 02:49:18 AM
MMBn1 was an okay game with potential but MMBN2 was the game I felt had the right balance although the fact that it didn't have a true ifully connected nternet was okay as the maps of the first game confused me. While MMBN2 was better game than the first, the world of MMBN1 was much more alive and since Capcom has a track record of making sequels with the same graphics, the later MMBN games felt even more dry as the series went on.