New EXE Game To Be A Remake Confirmed?

Klavier Gavin · 16380

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 01:28:03 AM
We know you are a BN Fan Soul, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is crap. Its just a bad remake with the SF battle system. A cheap and mean way of trifling with our hearts. The KNOW how much we want a new Megaman game. Not remakes. NEW. MM10, X9, ZX3, L3, THATS what we want. And then, when they make GOOD remakes, like PU and IHX, they dont continue them because they dont give a [parasitic bomb] about sales outside of Japan even though the game goes across the whole damn world.  o//////o

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 01:36:43 AM
that this game is crap.

Already crap because it's not even out yet, and it is a psudeo RPG game starring megaman in an entirely diffrent scenario? I'm not even gonna go farther than this. it's called reverse engieneering  people!

Remember those BN events that got you the BN Blaster after you inserted a game cartridge? I belive it's gonna be reversed. You get the Ryuusei Blaster or a chip featuring Ryuusei instead~

And a game is a game, no matter what.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 02:05:50 AM
We know you are a BN Fan Soul, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is crap. Its just a bad remake with the SF battle system. A cheap and mean way of trifling with our hearts. The KNOW how much we want a new Megaman game. Not remakes. NEW. MM10, X9, ZX3, L3, THATS what we want. And then, when they make GOOD remakes, like PU and IHX, they dont continue them because they dont give a [parasitic bomb] about sales outside of Japan even though the game goes across the whole damn world.  o//////o

Dude , you havent even played it , and its already crap? Do you not even care that its coming out? Sure , i'd like a ZX3 , MM10 , and X9 also, but we should be happy with what we have as gamers. Also , the people who make MM9 and X9 , arent the same as the people who are making this remake. And a addition : if they want to squeeze a X9 out of their corporate anus , it wouldnt be very good because they would have had a deadline , and not allowed to develop a good 'storyline' for the game , which = more plotholes. ( Also honestly , the reason i didnt state L3 is because i dotn want one yet ) Anyways , back to my letters i bolded in the quote. I might not be a huge SF fan , but not everyong and everything is part of your "we" , there are people who are happy just to see a game come out.

And think of it like this. After this re-make , the onlything they can do is either , make more ( unlikely ) , or actually focus on something your looking for.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 03:10:45 AM
Because Im tired of Remakes that will never be continued. this game, Just like PU and MHX, is going to tank. Everyone is going to love it, but then Capcom will say it did not meet sales expectations, and drop it like a hot potato.
Im tired of this... We could be getting ZX3 instead of this. the ZX series which is slowly turning into another Legends. -_-

EDIT: Or that X collection that we could've gotten.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 03:14:30 AM
Huh? i have a random X collection somewhere in my pile of megaman games

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 03:24:20 AM
Because Im tired of Remakes that will never be continued. this game, Just like PU and MHX, is going to tank. Everyone is going to love it, but then Capcom will say it did not meet sales expectations, and drop it like a hot potato.
Im tired of this... We could be getting ZX3 instead of this. the ZX series which is slowly turning into another Legends. -_-

EDIT: Or that X collection that we could've gotten.

Well, Cappy DID confirm for more than enough megaman games this year, ZX3 and DASH3 could be one of them, this is just the second, Black Ace/Red Joker were first for this year's batch. Give them good enough time and, ZX3 could be around by Christmas time.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 03:26:51 AM
Yay~ ZX3 and my Ren and Lin Vocaloids~ Best X-mas Evar~

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 03:46:31 AM
 [objection!]

This is so contradicting, Seriously there's no pleasing you people.

When the EXE Series finished we all cried blood tears because we want it back, now we've FINALLY got it back and then -BOOM- Nobody wants it execpt the TRUE EXE fans.

Now.. how far will the fans go in contradiction..

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 04:58:40 AM
Huh? i have a random X collection somewhere in my pile of megaman games
Things it was going to have was funneled into MHX instead. We were promised Ocean group Re dubs of X4 5 and 6, a completely re- translated script for X6, remixed music for the first 3 games, and bonus features through the nose.

but, Inafune decided to funnel all that into MHX instead, because he wanted to concentrate all possible into it.
result? the mediocre X collection we got, that simply lazily removed Voice acting from X6, didnt fix anything, just added a few useless hints that anyone can get from Gamefaqs, and the only good feature was the artwork. the selection screen was pretty lazy as well. I mean, excuse me for having my hopes set high by Anniversary collection... They didnt even make any orioginal music for the Game select. they just reused the X4, X6 stage select and X5 second stage select theme.

Posted on: July 03, 2009, 10:58:22 PM
[objection!]

When the EXE Series finished we all cried blood tears because we want it back, now we've FINALLY got it back and then -BOOM- Nobody wants it execpt the TRUE EXE fans.

Now.. how far will the fans go in contradiction..
I was a fan of BN. I didnt cry any tears.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 08:55:27 AM

Well I don't think the problem is with bringing the Exe series back, but rather what they're going to do with it.  A remake probably won't be as interesting as an actual Exe 7, and it's likely to include elements from the newer games that turned people off from the series in the first place.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 01:05:54 PM
No, seriously, Mega Man games are legacy. It's just not a series that appeals to the newer generation. And any attempt to make a series that would appeal to them would only wind up being a disaster and a mockery of the license compared to the settings of the classic entries

I'm sure you noticed the waves of 13-year-old rampaging through the Rockman community when EXE was at its popularity peak. EXE was actually a good RPG series that drew newer generations into Megaman. Then Capcom screwed up.

No one really cried, because we assumed Capcom would pull off something like that on the DS. People started feeling regrets after Shooting Star 1 bombed. What nobody wants is an EXE remake with stuff from Shooting Star. If this was just a remake like Pokemon Gold & Silver everyone would be content.

Also, if you think this is bad just wait for the day Legends 3 is announced. Unless it's the holy grail of Megaman RPGs you can bet half the community will whine like little bitches

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 02:36:15 PM
No one really cried, because we assumed Capcom would pull off something like that on the DS. People started feeling regrets after Shooting Star 1 bombed. What nobody wants is an EXE remake with stuff from Shooting Star. If this was just a remake like Pokemon Gold & Silver everyone would be content.
Exactly.
Remake is unneeded, and they would be better making a new entry into the series. Especially, since they probably want to put Starforce [parasitic bomb] in there. I mean, if the battle system was exactly like in Starforce 3, then I could somehow eat this up. But still, EXE series was mostly defined by its battle system AND the fact we could look forward to seeing our classic characters remade.

But what can we expect from a remake? Nothing much. Especially if it's a remake of the first and weakest part of the series(even more weak than EXE 4. srsly). Still, they might add tons of stuff into it. But that's not what anyone wants. This is not Pokemon. This series came very late, unlike Pokemon, which is a very oldschool game. It was played by many, MANY children gamers who are now ADULT gamers, and they will jump on such a nostalgia rush like dog on a steak.

But who would be interested in an EXE remake? Who? Because certainly not me and Flame(and many other people).

HOWEVER. If it will turn out, that this is not a remake. But a new entry in the series. Then I'm okay with it. Because, think about it. EXE + Starforce = Stardroids as Navis.

/end rant

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 06:17:03 PM
I'm sure you noticed the waves of 13-year-old rampaging through the Rockman community when EXE was at its popularity peak. EXE was actually a good RPG series that drew newer generations into Megaman. Then Capcom screwed up.

Even so, the newer EXE fans don't generally care about the other Megaman series. I suppose Legends 3 could get the FPS and Sony crowds up, but I think a new series is in order.

But there's the trick; ZX's platforming didn't work and neither did Starforce's RPG. There's got to be some genre that'd pull new fans. Perhaps a Monster Hunter~esque Megaman?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 06:19:56 PM
Even so, the newer EXE fans don't generally care about the other Megaman series. I suppose Legends 3 could get the FPS and Sony crowds up, but I think a new series is in order.

But there's the trick; ZX's platforming didn't work and neither did Starforce's RPG. There's got to be some genre that'd pull new fans. Perhaps a Monster Hunter~esque Megaman?
No...just no

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 06:30:54 PM
Battle Network 3 was the last good BN game.
and 6 was a joke... It was way too easy. Seriously? a tank cannon chip obtainable the start of the game? WTF.
too many good chips were gettable too early.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 06:53:09 PM
Things it was going to have was funneled into MHX instead. We were promised Ocean group Re dubs of X4 5 and 6, a completely re- translated script for X6, remixed music for the first 3 games, and bonus features through the nose.

As far as I'm concerned, MMN lied to you, deal with it.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 07:07:10 PM
i wish they would put effort into making the exe series not shitty.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 09:23:11 PM
All that series like BN and SF ever draw in, are little 11 year olds who love collect em all's. Like Pokemon. I worked with 11 year olds one summer. ALL POKEMON.

Posted on: July 04, 2009, 03:20:49 PM
As far as I'm concerned, MMN lied to you, deal with it.

That so?

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 12:28:56 AM

If you can't get kids into platformer games aimed to kids and/or nostalgia fans like half the people here, then you won't get the FPS and Sony crowds into megaman because they are mature gamers that play mature games like themselves, unless MML3 plays like Bayonetta.

In before Zone of the Enders

Battle Network 3 was the last good BN game.
and 6 was a joke... It was way too easy. Seriously? a tank cannon chip obtainable the start of the game? WTF.
too many good chips were gettable too early.

Yeah, it was easy as hell, but it still was fun. It was less tedious than 5 and felt a lot more like an EXE game than 4. Cross system was a good simplification of the Soul Unison system (although many crosses were cheap as hell), Beast Crosses were less lazy than Chaos Union and most of the library was composed of somewhat useful chips. The plot and side missions were meh, but if Capcom had spawned 6 before they could have improved over it and made better games...nah scratch that, it wouldn't happen. They would've [tornado fang]'d the series anyways.

i wish they would put effort into making the exe series not shitty.

Talking about wishful thinking

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 01:53:28 AM
They should do a classic or X game with Legends like Gameplay.
could be fun, plus show how folks would react to L3 if it came out...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 02:13:34 AM
plus show how folks would react to L3 if it came out...

People would react: "why make this [parasitic bomb] when they could have made legends3".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 02:39:15 AM
true, that's true...
[tornado fang]. Why not just make another Network Transmission? seriously...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 04:12:36 AM
true, that's true...
[tornado fang]. Why not just make another Network Transmission? seriously...
It was too hard for the majority of the EXE fans, since they weren't into the platformers, especially the new fans. So what makes you think they'll make another game of that sort, when the majority bitched about the difficulty that came with the platforming?

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 05:26:17 AM
LOL

Remake? >.>

I 'm really irritated with this trend.  X(

-----------------------------------------------

C'mon Capcom! Be Brave! Be brave enough to porduce X9 & DASH 3! You can't always rely on remakes.

Well except if it is Rockman 2 or 3 then that would be another story. *cheesy*

With the right promotional scheme I know you can do it...someday :)

It was too hard for the majority of the EXE fans, since they weren't into the platformers, especially the new fans. So what makes you think they'll make another game of that sort, when the majority bitched about the difficulty that came with the platforming?
They can add VERY EASY Mode?  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 06:43:03 AM
They will suck it the [tornado fang] up and take their Megaman game like a good little audience.