Official Avatar: The Last Airbender Thread - MY CABBAGES!

Irgendein · 56742

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: June 04, 2012, 03:00:32 AM
Even after what Tarlock did to Korra, I can't hate him just yet. And the flashbacks are getting even more intense, that one evil looking dude seems to be Tarlock's father or something.

I'm willing to bet that guy had some people hidden in the audience to blood bend everyone there (if you noticed, everyone in the audience seemed to be affected), similar to how Amon trained the equalists to chi-block (I think he trained them?). If not, then he must be hella powerful to use his bending so widespread like that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #126 on: June 04, 2012, 04:07:36 AM
Even after what Tarlock did to Korra, I can't hate him just yet. And the flashbacks are getting even more intense, that one evil looking dude seems to be Tarlock's father or something.

I'm willing to bet that guy had some people hidden in the audience to blood bend everyone there (if you noticed, everyone in the audience seemed to be affected), similar to how Amon trained the equalists to chi-block (I think he trained them?). If not, then he must be hella powerful to use his bending so widespread like that.

Well considering that Tarrlok is able to bloodbend without the power of a full moon, I'm sure that means that Yakone (the man in the flashbacks and possibly Tarrlok's father, as you said) was a powerful bloodbender too. Apparently his name can also be taken to mean "blood spray on the snow" or something, giving an even sinister meaning and bloodbending attachment.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: June 17, 2012, 04:37:42 AM
After this episode, I can't believe Tenzin chose Pema over Lin. She's such a [tornado fang]ing badass.

And General Iroh, huh? That's so thoughtful of Zuko. But using his voice actor sounds so horribly out of place for his son.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #128 on: June 17, 2012, 05:27:08 AM
Eh, Lin seems to be more of a loner anyways.

and yeah, it was weird but cool

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: June 25, 2012, 09:20:25 PM
So how 'bout that season finale? Didn't expect that explosion at the end. And I knew Aang was going to speak with Korra, but it was all beautifully paced.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #130 on: June 25, 2012, 10:00:53 PM
Yeah, loved every minute of it.

[spoiler=My Thoughts]The Equalists turning on Amon when he was outed as a waterbender seems realistic to me. I mean, he even had just lied to the with the facepaint he called the burns, and that was revealed as a lie too when it washed off. Everything these people did was for their leader, the one they followed because they thought he'd been screwed over by benders... How would you feel if you'd gone through all this and found out that everything you did was for a liar, one who was a bender himself. Seriously, of course they outraged. They just overthrew a regime of benders because of another bender; by all rights, they should have attacked him too.

As for Mako electrocuting Amon, he was furious. He loved Korra and seeing her get her powers removed made him furious. That rage, channeled into sheer force of will (which I still suspect is how Amon resisted Tarrlok's bloodbending, though he had the fact he was a bloodbender too on his side) allowed him to get that spark. We already knew that Mako was a very powerful firebender.

Speaking of which, loved seeing Iroh II fight; that was pretty awesome. Using the fire jets to hover, hijacking two planes and blowing several more up (one with a direct blast to the torpedoes) and then taking the Amon mask off the Aang statue. That was actually rather hilarious.

Also, I was surprised when Tarrlok showed up, and even more surprised by his sacrifice at the end of the episode. He had realized the error of his ways and knew that he alone was able to end Amon once and for all. That was great, even if it did look like something out of a bad mobster movie or something XD

I was quite happy that Korra unlocked Airbending finally, and pleased to see my theory regarding a preview screen for this regarding her airbending was spot-on. I also enjoyed seeing all the past Avatars, and also thought Aang was Tenzin. Figured he was there to comfort her. Apparently what he told her is a deep Buddhist belief or something, which makes sense.

Glad to see Asami confronted her father, and I think that despite how she felt towards Mako and how he was treating her, his apology helped matters somewhat and also the fact that she really has nowhere else to go.

Actually, she could probably return home and take over her father's company (since he'll surely be imprisoned for his crimes), but somehow I don't think that would fit her. Maybe she'll sell it to Cabbage Corp. XD

Also, I TOLD EVERYONE LIN WOULD GET HER BENDING BACK! I KNEW IT! I just had this feeling. Though I had a feeling the Avatar state would come into play, I expected it during the Amon fight, but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with how it did come into play. Call it a cop-out, but it does make sense. She'd lost her power over the elements, something she'd prided herself on. She was extremely humbled, which allowed her to access the airbending and therefore her more spiritual side.

Oh and it was funny seeing Tenzin's reaction to Bumi being there. Glad to see he retained some of the craziness of his namesake. Speaking of which, I was saddened to see them captured, but Meelo yelling PRISON BREAK!! made it all better. XD

I do feel sorry for the Lieutenant though. Even though he's done so much to stop the Avatar, to see him betrayed as he was and discover that the Avatar wasn't lying, that the man he'd devoted his life to stopping benders because of was he himself a bender... that must be one of the worst feelings in the world.

So yeah, top moments
-Asami takes down Hiroshi
-Iroh II fighting
-Bumi
-The big reveal of Amon as Noatak to the general populace
-Tarrlok's sacrifice
-The ending[/spoiler]

Also there's this. The comics won't end after The Promise wraps up.

The story continues in "The Search", another miniseries, this time dedicated to Zuko and his quest to discover what happened to his mom.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #132 on: October 14, 2012, 11:11:25 AM

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: April 09, 2013, 07:04:41 AM
Just read The Return.

Holy [parasitic bomb]. Huge reveal!!!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #134 on: April 09, 2013, 05:15:37 PM
"The Return"?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #135 on: April 09, 2013, 05:21:40 PM
Do you mean "The Search"?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: April 09, 2013, 05:53:48 PM

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: April 09, 2013, 11:15:00 PM
Yes, I meant the Search! Whoopsy! XD

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:11 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hK1uhFBeeE[/youtube]

ohgodohgodohgod WHEN is this airing?!

And this video would have been much better without those retarded kids bugging the creators.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: June 10, 2013, 11:54:18 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: June 23, 2013, 03:42:12 PM
Just finished watching The Last Airbender movie on TV.

... Wow. Just Wow.
The second half felt better than the first... But still...
[spoiler=Even though all of you know this already]How Admiral Zhao died, and his armada at the end... It's so... Painfully inaccurate.

Still, I finally get to see that Earth-bending scene of that one slow rock. I LOL'd so much and hard.[/spoiler]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: June 23, 2013, 08:07:02 PM
Why, doc? Why must you put yourself through that torture?! D:

[spoiler=Even though all of you know this already]
Still, I finally get to see that Earth-bending scene of that one slow rock. I LOL'd so much and hard.[/spoiler]

Ah yes, the infamous snail-rock! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: June 24, 2013, 03:42:26 PM
It was on TV.
I WANT TO KNOW HOW HORRIBLE IT IS

... Pity there's no sequel.
And if there was, please no more Director M.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #143 on: July 20, 2013, 12:34:00 AM
Ladies and gentlemen

I present to you

The official trailer for Book 2: Spirits

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftLm52V1y0[/youtube]

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: July 20, 2013, 12:41:45 AM
Looks interesting enough, although I hope I'll like it more than the first season.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #145 on: July 20, 2013, 12:51:04 AM
oh btw we're also seeing the first Avatar, Wan.

he's voiced by Steven Yeun, known for his role as Glenn on The Walking Dead.

Wan’s story will take place 10,000 years before Korra’s time, and follow the teenage explorer and skilled bender as he tries to bring balance between mankind and the spirits, a quest that ultimately leads to becoming the first Avatar.
[...]
These episodes will also mark a significant stylistic departure from the usual aesthetics of Legend of Korra. ”To depict the world in Wan’s time, the creative team drew inspiration from ancient and traditional East Asian ink wash paintings and woodblock prints for the environments, color palettes, and stylizations of the elements,” said a Nickelodeon representative. “The results expand the vision of the Avatar world, but also stay very true to the building blocks of its visual influence.”
Source

also here's a sneak peek at the episode "Rebel Spirit"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYv1SnBtX80[/youtube]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: July 20, 2013, 01:12:52 AM
Ladies and gentlemen

I present to you

The official trailer for Book 2: Spirits

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftLm52V1y0[/youtube]

This... this literally left me speechless.

Also, with some of the artstyle choices, I couldn't help but be reminded of Mononoke; albeit a much less trippy and disturbing version of it.

But holy [parasitic bomb], there's so much to speculate on this trailer alone.

Most notably, that avatar (whoever he is) using the four elements simultaneously like Aang did in the final battle. Another thing is Korra conversing with the previous Avatars, one of them being Avatar Kyoshi (I really hope we find out more on her).

I also noticed that the production values look easily on par with movie standards. The animation, effects and music puts a good chunk of modern anime to shame. I hope they don't strain their animation budget too much, or they might have subpar-looking episodes in the future.

The Avatar series is just too damn unique, and every RPMer should start watching it or RANDOM BANNINGS

[spoiler]I had to use it at least once, PB 8D[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #147 on: July 20, 2013, 01:31:05 AM
Dude

read my previous post

that Avatar is Wan, the first Avatar.

i already explained that XD

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: July 20, 2013, 01:36:17 AM
Dude

read my previous post

that Avatar is Wan, the first Avatar.

i already explained that XD

Yeah, I just saw that.

I made the post before yours, but didn't post it until afterwards.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #149 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:13 AM
Ah that makes sense. Wondered how you'd missed that entirely, now I see. >0<