Official Avatar: The Last Airbender Thread - MY CABBAGES!

Irgendein · 56296

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07:28 AM
Amazing season. Amazing ending.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: August 25, 2014, 01:08:23 AM
I have the last episode downloading as we speak.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: August 25, 2014, 01:10:49 AM
Downloading? As oppose to watching it on Nick.com

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #228 on: August 25, 2014, 01:15:13 AM
If Book 3 was this good all the way through (especially with that finale) I have high hopes for Book 4.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: August 25, 2014, 01:23:40 AM
Downloading? As oppose to watching it on Nick.com

The Showbox app allows you to download and watch episodes. Sometimes the episodes buffer too much when you watch it, but downloading makes the video lag free.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: September 27, 2014, 12:05:57 AM
Legend of Korra | Book 4: Balance Official Trailer | Nick

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  0v0

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: September 27, 2014, 12:18:50 AM
I'm just going to go ahead and say I LOOOOOVE Korra's new hairstyle! owo

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #232 on: September 27, 2014, 08:44:21 AM
Love Bolin's new style. They all look good.

CAN'T WAIT

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: October 06, 2014, 01:28:42 AM
The first episode has been out for a bit now.

VERY great start. Can't wait for the next episode!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: October 13, 2014, 04:21:47 AM
Woo, can't wait for the next episode!! 8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: December 14, 2014, 10:07:59 PM
Holy [parasitic bomb], this episode was pretty [tornado fang]ing dark.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #236 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:02 AM
Kind of sad that the finale is next week though. After that no more avatar ever.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:11 AM
I'm going to miss Korra so much, it's not [tornado fang]ing funny.

Here's hoping there's a movie, in the near future.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: December 15, 2014, 05:48:01 AM
Yeaaah, no more animated Avatar universe makes me sad!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: December 19, 2014, 07:25:13 AM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd that's the end. No more Avatar Universe. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Fantastic ending though! I was very very very pleased.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: December 19, 2014, 08:04:52 AM
I need to know.

Comparing with Aang's finale, which is better?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: December 19, 2014, 08:08:54 AM
Honestly, cannot tell right now. Still gushing over the ending to Korra.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #242 on: December 19, 2014, 12:26:54 PM
that was amazing through and through.

[spoiler]especially the korrasami part. I mean I only started shopping it as a "that would be cool but it'll never happen" thing

But it did happen! praise be to bryke for not being afraid to include a lesbian relationship on a Nick show[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: December 20, 2014, 08:22:10 AM
LOVED it! Near-perfect ending.

that was amazing through and through.

[spoiler]especially the korrasami part. I mean I only started shopping it as a "that would be cool but it'll never happen" thing

But it did happen! praise be to bryke for not being afraid to include a lesbian relationship on a Nick show[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That's the thing though; I'm not entirely convinced that Korra and Asami are bisexual. At the very least, the hand-holding and staring was simply a shout-out to the Korrasami shippers, but it doesn't actually mean they have feelings for each other. It's the very last episode, and the creators probably just wanted to throw in something nice for them.

Korra and Asami have lost so much of themselves and the people close to them, which caused their friendship to be closer than ever. And it's not like hand holding is uncommon for women; they do it many, many times.

Now, I'm NOT saying it's impossible for them to be bisexual. I'm just saying it's not officially set in stone, just from that one scene. The only people who know for sure are the creators.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: December 20, 2014, 09:18:59 AM
[spoiler]If it was just the hand holding, I think the "just friends" possibility would be higher.

But there were no need for them to stop at the entrance and stare at each other like that. They could've ended it with them just walking into the Spirit Portal. The stare pretty much sealed it. It doesn't mean full on "HEY, WE'RE INTO EACH OTHER NOW!" but more that it's just the beginning.

I'll quote the AV Club's review on the matter...

The nature of Korra and Asami’s relationship isn’t made overly explicit, but the writers heavily hint at a romantic connection by having the two characters holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes as they teleport to the spirit world for a much-needed vacation. It’s not uncommon for platonic friends to hold hands, especially when they’re getting ready to do something scary together, but it’s that final look that elevates their relationship to something more. The handholding is more than enough to make Korrasami shippers go nuts, but the reaction probably wouldn’t be as strong if the episode ended with Korra and Asami facing forward rather than toward each other.

That added eye contact makes the moment more intimate, and going off into the spirit world is such a wonderful metaphor for sexual awakening that it’s easy to jump to conclusions. Further contributing to the romantic aura is the staging and the music, working together to create a dreamlike atmosphere around these two women that heightens the emotional impact of every action. The grabbing of the hands, the turning to each other, the teleporting into another dimension, it all becomes more powerful when depicted with such evocative sound and visuals. But it’s still far more ambiguous than the ending of Avatar: The Last Airbender, which cemented Aang and Katara’s future romance with a kiss.
[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #245 on: December 20, 2014, 09:33:59 AM
apparently the original ending made it more explicit that that two became a couple but they had to tone it down a bit.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: December 20, 2014, 09:51:53 AM
I honestly think it's better this way.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: December 20, 2014, 10:07:03 AM
apparently the original ending made it more explicit that that two became a couple but they had to tone it down a bit.

Actually, I heard from someone that the original storyboard for the ending didn't have them holding hands.

[spoiler]If it was just the hand holding, I think the "just friends" possibility would be higher.

But there were no need for them to stop at the entrance and stare at each other like that. They could've ended it with them just walking into the Spirit Portal. The stare pretty much sealed it. It doesn't mean full on "HEY, WE'RE INTO EACH OTHER NOW!" but more that it's just the beginning.

I'll quote the AV Club's review on the matter...
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]No, they didn't stop at the entrance. Notice how the light enveloped them as they stepped inside? Korra and Asami stood inside the portal, while the light slowly transported them. While they waited, they stared at each other. Now, I'll admit the staring and lighting was very suggestive, but I still stand by their sexuality being speculation. It was primarily to show their thanks to the Korrasami fans and their support of the show. Kind of a "Hey guys, have some Korra x Asami imagery".

This, however, does not mean they literally evolved their sexuality into something more JUST because of them.

One way or another, it was an ambiguous message. It's entirely up to the viewer's interpretation. That's what makes the ending so brilliant; it's controversial without actually offending any censors. It's up in the air, so to speak.
[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #248 on: December 20, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
[spoiler]never mind that their pose perfectly mirrors the one we see Varrick and Zhu Li in moments before at their wedding.

Here's a great post explaining how the staging and everything of the final scene shows that it was meant to link them in a romantic relationship, not just as really good friends.[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: December 20, 2014, 07:58:33 PM
If there was a time I thought a Kingdom Hearts character was gay, half the cast would be. I don't know how many times Sora and Riku gazed dreamily into each other's eyes. Roxas and Sora, two dudes,  grabbed each other's hands in a similar way to this ending. Roxas then started to gaze at Sora, almost uncomfortably so.

Do they have feelings for each other? No. It's showing their unbreakable bond. This situation could be viewed in a similar fashion.

[spoiler]At this point, I've seen pretty much all the cases. This is the hype period; everyone is looking at this through starry eyes, preaching that Korrasami is canon.

If the hand holding and staring were, indeed, added in the storyboard at the last minute during production, then the primary plan was for them to just be friends; best friends. However, we don't know if that storyboard rumor is true.

Anything could happen.[/spoiler]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you guys, I'm just stating when all is said and done, it's simply a possibility. Until the creators actually give the official say, we can only dream.