Little busters.

Cpie · 11000

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 05:56:05 AM
why?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 05:57:57 AM
shitty computer, ten years technologically inferior

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 07:23:09 AM
I see.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 05:39:33 PM
Weren't we settled on the whole nanite de-/re-construction idea, or no?
Either that or the matter/energy transformation.  Both work for me.  Also, the X3 intro Buster transformation would seem to be overruled by more recent animated sequences from Maverick Hunter X as well as X:Command Mission, showing both X and Zero's Buster transformations to be accompanied by a flash of light (in MHX's instance, this is shown multiple times).

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 06:33:09 PM
Unless it's different between busters!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 12:51:06 AM
The X3 intro really isn't the best source material anyway.  X, Zero, and Sigma all change between X1 and X2 forms.  X kinda works since it's an armor-swap (even though an on-the-field swap between different armors has only been demonstrated in Command Mission), and Sigma's could be rationalized as a rapid beam in/out I suppose (he's supposed to have entirely different bodies).  But Zero just shouldn't be doing that, especially since he's going backwards.

Unarmored X is the only character for which the whole hand-folding thing is even remotely feasible.  Pretty much every other character/armor's buster looks nothing like their arm.  And even unarmored X leaves a few issues, which you can see if you examine the X3 intro closely.  It still has to have X's arm shift pretty significantly, since  X's arm doesn't fit the buster in either thickness or wrist shape (X's wrists are not circular; the top side is longer than the bottom).

And the whole Shining Finger thing in MHX definitely seems to show that X can reroute energy to it. Of course metal is a great conductor anyway, but the point still stands.
While I personally buy that, some people think it was a sort of ki attack (ghetto Hadouken).  Since he's a robot, I'm not sure how much difference that makes.

X aims his normal arm at an enemy.
v
v
??????????
v
v
It is now a buster.
v
v
Profit!
Hey, it worked for MMZ.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 02:30:27 AM
This argument has gone on throughout the Megaman series.  Super Adventure Rockman for instance showed Megaman doing a shotgun style lock and load to form his buster, but most cases either would cut away and have his buster suddenly appear or it would appear in a flash of light such as in day of Sigma.  Let's just ignore that abomination Ruby Spears cartoon no matter how much some fans want to cling to it.

The Flash of light and cutaway methods seem to be most common.  In either case we can probably assume that whatever transformation goes on, be it mechanical, nanomechanical, or even some kind of energy conversion, that the flash or cutaway is intended to show that it occurs too quickly to see with the naked eye.

If you want to work in the SAR and X3 intro versions we could assume that these are ultra slow mo shots to show you what is physically happening.  At least in those revisions of the buster, as X would certainly have different transformations for different armors and later X busters and classic Megaman has had his buster upgraded at least twice since then.

I'll stick to "Too fast to see" explanation myself, as it fits with the gameplay with having almost no delay between normal hand at the side, and firing buster with the press of a button.

AntiBunny

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 02:40:28 AM
nano technology I say. If New Gens have the ability to change their apearance and physically become someone else, without using holograms, then I think similar can be applied to Busters, no? they become the buster. (in the flash of light ones.)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:19 AM
I'll stick to "Too fast to see" explanation myself, as it fits with the gameplay with having almost no delay between normal hand at the side, and firing buster with the press of a button.

Well, it is "too fast to see" according to the sourcebooks. They actually list the fraction of a second needed for that transformation.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 06:35:58 PM
And I suppose that means that a couple centuries later, Copy X just shows it off 'cuz he's that damn badass.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 07:11:08 PM
Well, He THINKS he is, anyway...