AquaTeamV3 · 3275

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: May 15, 2009, 06:40:18 AM
Does anyone know exactly what the first upgrade does (in the 'Stop Wily' route)?  I know that the second one give you a more powerful charge shot as well as a longer energy meter, and the third one enables a super jump.  However, I cannot find a use for the first one.  I've heard that it improves your special attack (the SF technique), but it doesn't seem to do anything there either.  Either the item's effect is so pointless that it doesn't matter, or it's Capcom's idea of a joke:|

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:01:32 AM
i believe it was supposed to have one of the enhancements the Rescue Roll one gives you. Capcom accidentally put both upgrades into the RR one, and the SfW one does nothing to my knowledge.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:41:56 PM
Each upgrade item has different effect, it depends on what route you take.

Item 1 (SfW): Your power is increased. They don't explain exactly how, they just say it's not complete yet.
I think it has something to do with the special attacks (Rock Upper, Blues Strike, Crescent Kick, Giant Knuckle). ^^

Item 2 (RR): Your weapon bar is increased.

Item 3 (FtmP): You can super jump by holding up.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 06:23:37 PM
Each upgrade item has different effect, it depends on what route you take.

Item 1 (SfW): Your power is increased. They don't explain exactly how, they just say it's not complete yet.
I think it has something to do with the special attacks (Rock Upper, Blues Strike, Crescent Kick, Giant Knuckle). ^^

Item 2 (RR): Your weapon bar is increased.

Item 3 (FtmP): You can super jump by holding up.

With Item 2, you get the weapon bar effect, but your charged shots also become stronger and look a bit different.  Your character even changes his battle cry when he fires it.  The shot is usually larger, and in the case of Bass, he gets a skull effect.

As for Item 1, I read a walkthrough on GFAQ's stating that it upgrades the special attack (even mentioning that the flame on Rock Upper becomes blue and gets more vertical latitude), but I pretty much proved that false when none of the executed uppercuts acted as described.  Heck, there's no evidence of such a change on their respective spritesheets either!  Satoryu's theory would make sense here, although why they never fixed it is beyond me.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:38:59 PM
one of the upgrades does improve the uppercuts. i can't remember if its in SfW or RR. i remember Bass having a double flip kick.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:54:18 PM
It's either random, or it's really SfW. Because RR gives you more weapon energy confirmed. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:46:18 PM
Okay, tested the SfW route with everyone.  Bass does in fact gain a double-somersault kick, which is very useful BTW.  Duo actually gets a downgrade; his useful uppercut becomes a straighforward punch, which rarely knocks anything back and more-often-than-not results in you getting hit.  Megaman and Protoman don't seem to get any benefit whatsoever, which still leaves those two open.

My YouTube Channel

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:45:07 PM
Okay, tested the SfW route with everyone.  Bass does in fact gain a double-somersault kick, which is very useful BTW.  Duo actually gets a downgrade; his useful uppercut becomes a straighforward punch, which rarely knocks anything back and more-often-than-not results in you getting hit.  Megaman and Protoman don't seem to get any benefit whatsoever, which still leaves those two open.

Continue holding up, and press Shoot rapidly using Duo's. His normal giant knuckle acts like Birdie's Hammer Slammer (he does a follow-up), and with the upgrade, it makes his setup a one-two combo first. IIRC, Proto Strike just lasts longer, or he moves a little bit forward with it, and Rock's Upper does a multi-hit, ala Ken.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 03:09:23 AM
Continue holding up, and press Shoot rapidly using Duo's. His normal giant knuckle acts like Birdie's Hammer Slammer (he does a follow-up), and with the upgrade, it makes his setup a one-two combo first. IIRC, Proto Strike just lasts longer, or he moves a little bit forward with it, and Rock's Upper does a multi-hit, ala Ken.

Interesting, I never knew you could do that.  And to think all this time I've been using the dash-spike as a follow-up.  Your instructions were a bit unclear, though.  You mash the jump button after the uppercut connects, and then press Shoot after Duo springs up.  Of course, you mash the punch button once you get the upgrade, in which case you do the follow-up when the uppercut comes out.  The only problem is that opponents don't often stand still long enough for you to hit with the entire sequence.  Then again, that's probably a good reason why he has Beat Shield.  :P

Rock's Upper does multiple hits, regardless of the upgrade.  In Ken fashion, it hits three times when done very close to the opponent.  I didn't notice any difference afterward, although I may have to look into this some more.

My YouTube Channel