Maverick Hunter X, because I'm like 4 years behind you guys

Gotham Ranger · 9223

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 12:58:39 AM
What are you talking about? Every single bio of the guy talks about him being a loose cannon.

VAVA (Vile)
Originally with the 17th elite unit, his ability as a hunter is Special A Class,
but due to a fault in his electronic brain, he became an abhorrent destroyer of
repliroids.
Because of this, he was removed from the work of the Irregular
Hunters and immobilized, but with Sigma's rebellion was set free. He now
enjoys commiting frequent acts of destruction.
I never said he wasn't out of his mind and I know all of that, but he was not how they had him in MHX in X1. Hell, he's even got the Maverick symbol right on his head, which they changed for MHX. MHX also has Sigma just setting Vile free then telling him he needs someone to go maverick of his own will. Uh.. What? If Vile doesn't define murderous reploid maverick, I don't know what does. MHX also gave him a raging hard-on over X that he doesn't have in X1. I mean, its there and it returns in X3 for revenge, but its ridiculous in MHX.

[quoteThe only way Sigma and VAVA relate is how MHX has it. Sigma set him free and VAVA happily went along with it. He's not Sigma's right hand man. Really, you're only basing that on the fact that he's fighting on Sigma's side and is in certain places at the right time, which still remains true as of MHX.

In X3 he is exactly the same, not taking any orders, trashing a fortress filled with mechaniloids to take their place as the boss.[/quote]
See above. Vile had every reason to wanna destroy X in X3. Then he turns around and is following Sigma in X8.[/quote]

There's nothing in Day of Sigma that is in disagreement with the original.
Where in X1 is Dr. Cain so ridiculously old he's in a wheel chair that will barely extend his life and then he gets blown to hell with the rest of a Maverick Hunter base? That right there causes tons of loops because Cain is around till X4 unless they just ignore their own work in MHX if MHX2 had ever come to be.

But you know what, I didn't wanna get into the story, because I knew this would happen. Should've kept my mouth shut on that. Whatever, you'll reply and it'll be done.

Now, to flesh out how I felt about the actual gameplay;

X's Game:
It was just X1 with nicer graphics and expansions. It was still fun, though I do prefer X1 to this. I did enjoy what they changed around and it was a fun little title, though not worth the price it was when it first game out. I'll gladly buy it now. The music didn't hold a candle to the original, but its pretty hard to. There wasn't much challenge, but what do you expect from a game that we've all mastered since like 93?

Vile's Game:
It was a refreshing change of pace. It was something new that really added to the game for me and really made it worth the money. I thoroughly enjoyed the new aspects of the gameplay and it was nice to have to adjust to the new weapons and the lack of a charge shot to begin with. I died a few times, which is always nice. The only two problems I had with Vile's game were his lack of dash, which is mostly fixed by his speed upgrade and how badly his ride armor was done.

Ride armors in general felt really clunky in this game, though. Vile's time limit didn't help, especially when getting damaged took away time and it wasn't as responsive.

But it was a fun game. I enjoyed myself and would be interested in a sequel. To AfroShroom, I really say he should give it a chance before writing it off. It wasn't me intent to turn someone off of the game, just giving my thoughts, you know?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 02:28:46 AM
I never said he wasn't out of his mind and I know all of that, but he was not how they had him in MHX in X1. Hell, he's even got the Maverick symbol right on his head,
you DO know Sigma was once the leader of the Maverick Hunters right? His crest was the crest of the Maverick Hunters... Vile was a maverick hunter.
gets blown to hell with the rest of a Maverick Hunter base?
that is unconfirmed. also, wasnt that note from Cain in the X4 manual only in the American version? as far as he is concerned, he dissapeared after X3. he was never mentioned in X4 except that note from Cain labs, which Im sure was only in the American release.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 03:19:03 AM
you DO know Sigma was once the leader of the Maverick Hunters right? His crest was the crest of the Maverick Hunters... Vile was a maverick hunter.
He was a commander of the Maverick Hunters, if not the big cheese and he went maverick and took an assload of hunters with him. Vile was a hunter who went batshit insane, so yes, I know.

As for the Sigma's logo being the crest of the maverick hunters, that I did not know. But its a very vicious hunter logo if it was meant to be :P

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/thumb/5/53/Vile.jpg/280px-Vile.jpg

See?

that is unconfirmed. also, wasnt that note from Cain in the X4 manual only in the American version? as far as he is concerned, he dissapeared after X3. he was never mentioned in X4 except that note from Cain labs, which Im sure was only in the American release.
Yeah, but its damn well implied. Even if he isn't dead, he still explicitly states that he won't be around much longer. Also, no clue about whether it wasn't in the Jap manual or not.

And damn it, why do you drag me back in :P

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 06:11:14 AM
Far as I remember they say the Adion was a new Ride Chaser devised by Dr. Cain in the japanese materials for X4. I could be wrong.

The US manuals have the "Cain Labs" bit about Repliforce as a whole, and I guess also saying Double was created by him (protip: he wasn't).

Either way whether Cain died or not is irrelevant. The fact he was in a chair that takes roughly half of the [tornado fang]ing room he is and his statement that he won't be around for much longer gives me the feeling that if they did follow up to MHX3 like Inafucking intended, I don't doubt they'd just rewrite the games without him, as opposed to WHOA! He got a whole fuckload better all of a sudden.

But it doesn't matter now, since we're not getting MHX2.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 07:27:10 AM
The only reason the symbol is suspicious is cuz Vile and siggy are villains.

also, the cain labs bit is what im saying was, (if im right) only in the US manual. the Adion, well, we dont know when exactly he made it. from what I remember, there was no land chaser in X3... he could have developed it then, or some short time between 3 and 4...

Posted on: May 14, 2009, 01:26:40 AM
also, you DO know he can get up from his special chair right?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 07:34:10 AM
also, the cain labs bit is what im saying was, (if im right) only in the US manual.
The thing about Cain Labs is that I don't think that it implies Cain himself has to be alive for it to exist. But I think that the 'memo' talked about in the manual proper has word of Dr. Cain himself in it saying Repliforce was a liability or somesuch. Either way, in the japanese material I don't think Cain was ever directly linked to Repliforce.

Posted on: May 14, 2009, 01:26:40 AM
also, you DO know he can get up from his special chair right?
Look up at the last statement in my post, the keywords are bolded.

Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 03:00:35 PM
Far as I remember they say the Adion was a new Ride Chaser devised by Dr. Cain in the japanese materials for X4. I could be wrong.

Cain didn't design it, but he did tune it for greater speed and power.

Hell, he's even got the Maverick symbol right on his head, which they changed for MHX.

Which just means "I'm a bad guy." Besides, Vile always had respect for Sigma. He just doesn't take orders from him unless he actually likes the orders.

Besides, at one point in development VAVA actually had a frikken "Z" on his head. It's just a side effect of unit affiliation and now being an irregular. In my opinion, the "V" is far more fitting for him.

What? If Vile doesn't define murderous reploid maverick,

Sigma is referring to the concept from RockmanX8. In which VAVA is amongst all the others that can go "maverick at will." It just means that Sigma has taken an interest in VAVA for his similarity to himself; both just do as they please without any compassion for others. He basically is saying he needs a murderous reploid maverick for the job, not any of those nobodies that follow out of loyalty, greed, boredom and weakness.

See above. Vile had every reason to wanna destroy X in X3. Then he turns around and is following Sigma in X8.

The only thing really different with Vile is his obsession with X being portrayed as a bit childish. But he really has always been portrayed as wanting to destroy X out of personal reasons. For example, Iwamoto has VAVA wanting to destroy the legend of X's name. VAVA simply hates the potential that X is supposed to have.

Where in X1 is Dr. Cain so ridiculously old he's in a wheel chair that will barely extend his life and then he gets blown to hell with the rest of a Maverick Hunter base?

Where in Day of Sigma was the Maverick Hunter base even destroyed? The entire city got hit with a missile barrage, but the effects were not as devastating as you claim they are. The missile that engulfed Cain's place (NOT Maverick Hunter base) hit approximately a city block away. Craters emphasize that the missiles didn't have such a wide destructive effect. NOTHING happened to Cain.

And Cain was always old, and absent from X1. The chair is a new addition, but that's because they're showing him outside of Hunter Base. Cause you know, the chair he sits in is not a wheel chair, it more than likely serves to assist him during dinner. MHX art clearly depicts Cain standing around as he does in X2 and X3.

Really, anything nothing is in contradiction with the rest of the X-series aside from just baseless assumptions.

Even if he isn't dead, he still explicitly states that he won't be around much longer.

I don't see why Cain can't hold up for 6 months, several months, several months, several months and then die. Who knows, his spirit to live might even have been reawakened after the events of X1, that or he's sinking deeper into depression as the war wages on. Point is, he doesn't have to die then and there.

Look up at the last statement in my post, the keywords are bolded.

But that's all the more reason to say there's no contradiction. MHX has to lead into X2~4. Only when there's an assured MHX2~4 can they decide to flat out retcon parts of the sequels. MHX was always written to work with the games that can't be remade, such as X7, XCM and X8.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 05:02:04 PM
But that's all the more reason to say there's no contradiction. MHX has to lead into X2~4. Only when there's an assured MHX2~4 can they decide to flat out retcon parts of the sequels. MHX was always written to work with the games that can't be remade, such as X7, XCM and X8.
Or, could it be its own entity, depends how you look at it. In the end it's ultimately up to the player what to make out if themselves.

--

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 05:21:49 PM
Or, could it be its own entity, depends how you look at it. In the end it's ultimately up to the player what to make out if themselves.

But Capcom has already said it is not its own entity. Saying it links to X8, saying it is how it was always meant to be, saying writers were given orders to stay as close to the original as possible.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 05:38:05 PM
But Capcom has already said it is not its own entity. Saying it links to X8, saying it is how it was always meant to be, saying writers were given orders to stay as close to the original as possible.
How does a link to X8 and staying close to the original as possible forbids them for trying something new at spots?

Really, there's no point in arguing it, all I am saying is that people can take it any way they'd like and I don't think any is less valid than the other. That's about it.

--

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 05:51:42 PM
How does a link to X8 and staying close to the original as possible forbids them for trying something new at spots?

I'm sure we were talking about it linking to the other games, not about forbidding new additions. It means it is not its own entity and therefore doesn't outright contradict anything but the game it is remaking.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 05:55:48 PM
I'm sure we were talking about it linking to the other games, not about forbidding new additions. It means it is not its own entity and therefore doesn't outright contradict anything but the game it is remaking.
Considering the intended scope of the remakes was up to the when Cain was still somewhat front and center, that's why I'm saying that. Linking to X8 has no effect on that, since he just dropped altogether way before then.

Honestly, to me there ain't no point arguing this. I'm just prone to agree to disagree and stick to what I said above. Making out whatever you want from this is fine by me, saying only one particular way of viewing something like this is "valid" I don't agree with.

--