Basic Training: Image Tutorials and Drawing Help

Quickman · 28897

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 07:08:52 PM
Holy [tornado fang]ing [parasitic bomb]...

This is seriously going to be a great thread for me to check through and try stuff with during this summer.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 04:35:31 AM
Since you were talking about composition, I'm found this tutorial in here to be really helpful about the subject, it has some common composition structures along with a few examples to illustrate.
Pretty nice post btw :)

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 05:25:44 AM
...Cool, it has names for things and I missed 'Iconic Composition', probably because I've never heard of it before now. It's also more professional sounding and hence less entertaining (ho!). Also examples are good, but I don't like taking from others and I don't have enough, personally, to show :D The book I got most of my knowledge from quickly covered basics, and the rest of it was just examples of how to combine techniques to create the effect you want. I found that part to be the most helpful, so I tried to show how to composition as best as possible :D
Aka, that, + my walkthrough = profit?

I hope I've at least helped someone, or some people >_>!

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 06:17:20 AM
Hope you guys don't mind that I bring this thread back from the grave, but I made a REALLY simple tutorial of one of my ways to tackle a quick sketch, and I heard it helped a few guys, so I wanted to show it around here as well.

Nowadays I use this method both for sketching and to get a base to clean later for when I make a more complex drawing. I used SAI to make this, and I'm 100% this can be done on Photoshop, but besides those programs I'm not sure if those steps can be imitated on other drawing programs.

I'm also posting a video of a sped up process of a drawing of mine, which shows how I use this tutorial (just the first minute, the rest of it is me cleaning the messy sketch), one of my workflows when I'm drawing, and how much I rotate the canvas around.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyK5PgXPqv4[/youtube]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 05:58:30 AM
Since we're reviving this, I may as well throw my hat into the ring with a stippling lesson.  Nothing special with this one, no actual tutorial, just the basics of stippling.

Note: This is a method best used with traditional media.