The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 417650

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #2025 on: July 12, 2010, 08:01:33 AM
Perhaps.
But it's a Pikachu. A Pikachu unlike any other Pikachu. A Pikachu that Team Rocket wants to steal for Giovanni.
Fear its powah.

Team Rocket.... Blasting off in any episode in that show and still surving any impact with mother earth is a sign of their stubborness to not to give up. They will not give up until they acomplished the goal. Credits goes where credits goes, but honestly they should train on themselves, otherwise we won't get to see them in their own spinoff series.
Just who in the hell do you think they are?!
Sadly... Just retarded meatbags...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2026 on: July 12, 2010, 08:21:20 AM
... Can you PLEASE stop with the TTGL references?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2027 on: July 12, 2010, 08:28:01 AM
Oh thank god the anime is too short to be ruined for me, but seriously stop.  This is obviously not the place for it and it'll only make things worse for you than they already are.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #2028 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:44 AM
I guess it can't be helped, so I will stop with the references. Too bad that you don't feel the same sensation I currently feel about TTGL.

You know that Ash faces Giovanni for the first time in the "Mewtwo Returns" special, but instead to make it as epic as it happens in the manga twice, they just dropped it.
Indeed a Missed Moment Of Awesome.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2029 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:24 AM
They were getting annoying... it's enough that it's in your sig...

Also... I still wish I had this...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2030 on: July 12, 2010, 11:12:50 AM
I guess it can't be helped, so I will stop with the references. Too bad that you don't feel the same sensation I currently feel about TTGL.
I love TTGL, but do you see me spamming TTGL refs and quotes everywhere on this board to show how much I love it?

Seriously, you are making me hate TTGL now.
I hope you are happy.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2031 on: July 12, 2010, 11:25:39 AM
Now the cat's shaking his head at you disapprovingly!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #2032 on: July 12, 2010, 12:10:23 PM
I love TTGL, but do you see me spamming TTGL refs and quotes everywhere on this board to show how much I love it?

Seriously, you are making me hate TTGL now.
I hope you are happy.

I assume your problem is that you all have to much resentment lately from your personal lifes as much as I had back in the past. You say that you hate TTGL, but is me where your hate is directed. Either you and the others are jealous that I can feel that joy or you can't just understand or comprehend the person who is me. I thought I would spread good karma on the boards, but instead I envoke your anger.

It is not rare that we are going Off-Topic that often. I personaly had problems first when I came to RPM.  I was duty obsessed from the forum I came first and I pointed out in some of my first posts that some have gone Off-Topic, but I was somewhat ignored and fooled by some.
To make it for everyone comfortable, I dropped it and I tried to adapt myself to become more like you.
However the more I try to be a good person, the more it backfires to me.

So the question is how you do see me from your viewpoint.
Am I a symphatic or unappealing person?

By now my emotions are telling me that you want not to see me here ever again. Is it true, that you the majority want me do be banned here right now?

I understand by now that I have gone to far, so do now your duty and decide what you truly want. Punishment goes where it needs to be done and I accept it.

In all matters humans are bastards, they don't like each other but to feed upon each other until they are no longer needed. We live in a crapsack world.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2033 on: July 19, 2010, 04:31:25 PM
I'm bored. Anybody looking for a battle, preferably UU?

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2034 on: July 23, 2010, 08:49:52 PM
Just for the heck and fun of it, I decided to create a "pantheon" of Pokemon based on the heroes of DC Comics. It's not meant for practicality but I'd enjoy it anyway.

So far I have:
Salamance - "Superman"
Crobat - "Batman" (Of course!)
Sceptile - "Green Lantern"
Jolteon - "Flash"
Blaziken - "Firestorm"
Swampert - "Aquaman"
Gengar - "Spectre"
(Some Psychic type) - "Zatanna" or "Fate"

Anyone have any other suggestions, and/or movesets?

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2035 on: July 23, 2010, 10:32:06 PM
A standard moveset for Salamence, as Hypershell said, would be Earthquake, Outrage, Fire Blast, and Dragon Dance, although you have to breed to get Dragon Dance so you might want to consider Double Team or something.

Sceptile is a Special Sweeper it'd probably be a good idea to teach it Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, and Synthesis.  The problem with Sceptile is he only has those 3 special moves that he can learn plus he'll still have trouble against Flying and Fire pokemon.  

My recomendation it to swicth him out with a Tortera because most of your pokemon are built for Speed and he has a great physical attack power, physical defense, and a move set that can be adjustable and cover a lot of his weaknesses.  Not to mention he gets a STAB Earthquake and Wood Hammer, and he has good HP and Defense so he could survive it and the next attack.  Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Synthesis is what I would do but I recomend staying away from Ice types.

Blaziken, oh god how I love my Blaziken.  This guy was made for type veraity: Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, and Sky Uppercut.  You could switch out Shadow Claw for Stone Edge if you're deftly afraid of Flying types but chances are that said Flying type would be much faster than him so I wouldn't recomend it plus it's great for taking out a Gardevoir since it's slow and has some bad Physical Defense.

Swampert's not exactly my cup of tea but he's still a good pokemon.  Pretty much the same move set as my Feraligatr only his Earthquake is STAB too.  Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Mirror Coat.  Now this is a lot of work!  It can't learn Aqua Tail, Ice Punch and Mirror Coat naturaly.  First you need to breed a female Swampert, or other pre evolve form, with a compatible male pokemon to get Mirror Coat or go to the Battle Frontier.  Second you need to spend a lot of time at the trainer House and Battle Frontier to get BP for the other moves and you need a total of 104, I have no idea how much Mirror Coat is but it'll add to the 104.

Crobat not one that I would work with but he has some very decent moves.  Cross Poison, Brave Bird, X Scissor/U Turn, Steel Wing/Agility/Double Team.  Now there's only a little work for this breeding a female with a male for Brave Bird and getting a heart scale for Cross Poison but at least it's not near imposible like with Swampert.

Jolteon is pretty easy to do as long as you stay far far away from Ground types.  Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Agility/Double Team  Again go to the Battle Frontier to get Signal Beam but those are the only Special Moves it can learn.

Gengar is another pokemon I don't work with but I can figure something out.  Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt/Thunder, Energy Ball/Dream Eater, Hypnosis/Rain Dance/Double Team.  Well I guess you can use him to power up your own moves, I don't know I don't work with him.

Now for the Psychic type the best, in my opinion, are Espeon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Hypershell's favorite Mewtwo.  Espeon is basicly a clone of Jolteon except replacing Thunderbolt with Psychic, but hey it works for Will Gallent's Speed team since he has both.  

Gardevoir is my obvious favorite because of it's High Special Defense and her move set can take out a Vaporeon and Mewtwo.   Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunder Bolt/Energy Ball, Light Screen.  Basicly pick your poison Gardevior can also learn Trick Room but it's not really worth it.

Gallade is the same thing execpt you replace the first 3 moves with Psycho Cut, X Scissor, and Thunder Punch.  He can learn Stone Edge but you might not want that since it only has 5 PP.

Mewtwo, Okay I have to admit he's probably the best pokemon for covering all his weaknesses.   Psychic, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Flamthrower/Fire Blast/any Support Move you want.  Yeah I don't exactly know the best way to use a Mewtwo but the possibilities are endless for One on One.  Ask Hypershell for more details.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2036 on: July 23, 2010, 10:49:46 PM
Danke, and I'm also looking for Pokemon to model on the classic (i.e. Satellite era) Justice League so I'm wondering what I can use for Martian Manhunter, Atom, Hawkman (I'm thinking Skarmory), Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Red Tornado.

Yeah, I know Spectre was never a member of the League (unless you count Hal Jordan's tenure as Spectre) but Gengar's one of my favorite Pokemon so... I had to include him somehow.  8D

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2037 on: July 24, 2010, 09:12:04 PM
Anybody have a spare Kelpsy Berry? I need to wipe some Attack EVs.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2038 on: July 25, 2010, 04:36:04 AM
I think Gardevoir would make a pretty good Zatanna.  Mewtwo or Alakazam for Fate.

Swellow ought to make a great Black Canary (Guts+Endeavor+Flame/Toxic Orb = pain).

How about Tyranitar for Green Arrow?  Tossing rocks is probably about as close to the "arrow" motif as you're going to get.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2039 on: July 25, 2010, 06:23:07 PM
Either him or Scyther. Ludicolo even has the hat to go along with the design, but he doesn't do anything arrow-ish in particular

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2040 on: July 26, 2010, 04:39:50 AM
So...Does anybody here have an AR or PokeSav?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2041 on: July 26, 2010, 06:52:32 AM
So...Does anybody here have an AR or PokeSav?
I have an AR!

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2042 on: July 26, 2010, 09:30:12 AM
Need some eggs traded into my Heart Gold from my Diamond, if it's not too much trouble.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2043 on: July 27, 2010, 04:20:52 AM
Okay, barring the above, does anybody else have an AR?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2044 on: August 01, 2010, 12:23:20 AM
Hey guys, I usually don't get to use my DS online. Gotta do this within the next few hours. Does anyone have a Heart Gold Kyogre I can borrow and trade back? My friend code is 0561-1471-0280.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2045 on: August 01, 2010, 01:03:16 AM
No.. but I got an Emerald Kyogre if ya want.  :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2046 on: August 01, 2010, 01:07:23 AM
I want to catch the Rayquaza that's available in my game. It's the only thing left that I can do in the game.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2047 on: August 01, 2010, 01:22:16 AM
So, it's a HG Kyogre only thing eh? Oh well. I've done apparently everything in SS because the special events are few and far between.  -u-'

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Archer

Reply #2048 on: August 01, 2010, 08:42:04 AM
I got the enigma stone and caught Latios. Hmm. I wonder if I should train up a Latios or Latias?

Hey guys, I usually don't get to use my DS online. Gotta do this within the next few hours. Does anyone have a Heart Gold Kyogre I can borrow and trade back? My friend code is 0561-1471-0280.

I can lend you mine if you still need it

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #2049 on: August 01, 2010, 08:43:06 AM
I got the enigma stone and caught Latios.

Same. :v

I still need to get the Enigma Stone in my SS.