This [parasitic bomb] Is Seriously [tornado fang]'d Up RPM. (or ITT: Jelly Wishes to Make a Point.)

Jericho · 1229

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Now then, I don't know why it has to come to this, but I'm really not feeling like keeping low key with it anymore. Over the past few months that I've been here, I've come to love the individuals of RPM almost like a second family. Everyone here knows how much I value the site and what it primarily stands for, namely a good time and many laughs. Lately however, (and I'm really stretching things with the use of the word "lately" here) it would seem as though many a member seem to be demonizing one another, not even in the "Haha, this is kinda funny" way either. I'm noticing a certain trail of negativity, harsh words and general malice in the air. You might think it can't be detected, but it's very easy for me to see it.

This is your one and only warning. Stop it immediately. While I am not in any place really to make ban threats, trust me when I say that if you start stepping on the meek who won't speak up or can't and I see it, I will light a fire under your ass until you shape up or ship out. I am obligated to do this not even because of my RPM Moderator status but as a friend who sees another friend or friends doing truly questionable to downright dumb [parasitic bomb] and wanting to show them that their means and methods aren't doing anyone any favors.

Now then what does this all entail you ask? Since a golden few of you probably don't know [Martin Lawrence]"What the problem is"[/ Martin Lawrence], I'll break it down according to the top 3 things that have been sitting on me wrongly in current time:

1. Stop [tornado fang]ing bothering the RPM artists because you either can't comprehend that they (damn thankfully) do not have the same wavelengths, backgrounds, life experience, interests, or whatever else you do and as a result draw or sprite what they like and consider relevant. Fully clothed, fully nude, comics, ecchi, architecture, certain posters, certain characters, cheese... It does not matter what the hell their subject matter is so long as their posted works are not in conflict with RPM rules and regulations, and I will not tolerate the actions of the few of you who are attacking talented artists and perfectly normal human beings based on what they wish to draw. There's also this marvelous piece of advice I'd like to give the overly sensitive ones right now. Ready for it?

Ignore their thread. Believe it or not folks, when you click that thread after seeing something that you don't agree with, goes against your creeds or personal beliefs, or whatever else, there's a good chance that you won't like it again. In this situation, the courteous thing to do would be to say something along the lines of "While I dislike/disagree with what your subject matter deals with, I see that you have skill and respect that." The ninja smart thing to do would be to enter the thread, look, and if you don't like, leave without a word. Simple, no?

What I absolutely will not tolerate is:

Going into someone's thread and tell them to stop drawing what they want.

That's the most disgusting thing I think I've seen on this site so far. Would you like it if I came by one day, and for the sake of this argument, I saw you drawing "the same bloody thing for the thousandth time" and rather than respect that it's what you do and that you have proficiency with it, I took it upon myself to say stop drawing this nonsense?

I don't think so. Nuh-uh.

Ending this thought now, variety is the spice of life folks, and I'd much rather have:

- An Akira who's powers with the colored pencil are amazing regardless of humorous at most boob to belly ratios & subject materials
- An Asena who excels in conveying personality and vibrancy even when she claims she has none of her own
- A Sub Tank whose ability to draw with his [ray splasher] is unmatched on top of being a genuinely great artist
- An Acid who is unsure of his ability yet flawless in his own execution
- A Quickie who's comic animation style could be described as transcendent at least
- A Sky Child whose "cutesy animu crap", Notissimo works, Youtube videos, & etc. (which I admittedly need to catch up on) show that she has numerous raw talents that need to be further explored
- A Sparky who is constantly, CONSTANTLY showing his immense imagination through his works
- A Tsuyoshi who can make you smile... WITH SCIENCE!
- A Rad who likes big butts and cannot lie
- A Borockman who's just chill and draws what he likes, is on his mind, or otherwise and wants to improve

And the numerous other artists of RPM, doing what they do best which is creating an awesome spectrum spanning diversity instead of a uniform, bland and sterile site with artists who can't draw what they would like to for fear of an internet lynch mob coming for them.

Moving on now:

2. When you ask an artist for a request, do not [tornado fang]ing think it's a Drive-Thru. This is not McDonalds. Holy [tornado fang]. If an artist doesn't get to your request on time, it's not because they don't want to unless explicitly stated. They have lives just like us, problems just like us (and in this day and age I think everyone can relate to having problems of all kinds to deal with), and are not hired & legally bound to give you what you ask of them in spades at moment (X) or your money back.

Again, it's just common courtesy. If you leave a request with them and feel as though they may have forgotten (hey it's natural, no shame here) due to long periods of time passing by, just send them a tap on the back whenever they say that they're all ears or have extra time on their hands for art. Again, note what I said, "a tap on the back", not "Where the [tornado fang] is mah [parasitic bomb]?" Also, excessive pestering is one of the main ways to never get a request done ever. I sure as [tornado fang] know that when I put my future art up on display for you all that I'm never granting a request to anyone who can't understand that my time for accomplishing any given thing is variable and therefore not yours to make me do [parasitic bomb].

Finally we have:

3. Artist styles and habits. This is slightly related to 1 and yet not so much so. Example time!

- Artist A wants to do a greyscale picture of Subject A.
- Artist A does so and puts the image up for viewing as a standalone piece
- Random RPM art critic comes by and critiques a greyscale picture negatively or incorrectly for not being a color pic stating that "color pictures are the true judge of an artist's ability". (WAT)

What's wrong here folks? Continuing with this example, let's try something different (points ruler back at the blackboard):

- Artist A wants to do a piece on Subject A
- Artist A's work comes out well to them, they're proud of it but they dunno, they just wanna post it and see what people think, you know maybe get a review from another artist or a decent feedback from a "non-artist"
- Random RPM critic #2 comes by and goes, "Hey look, it's that person who gets drawn 10 hundred millionty times!" leaving no other worthwhile or halfway decent comments on Artist A's ability, style, or technique.

See a problem? I do. I hope enough of you do too.

Finally, although this one is purely a situational matter:

- Artist B draws a lot of their stuff similarly
- Artist B has never mentioned wanting to get better, needing tips on how to differentiate, etc. but maybe wants that information.
- RPM Art Critic 1 says "Sameface is same." (Admittedly, with our collective wit and cynicism at times, we might mean well but agree with how this is stated.)
- Artist B wishes to get better and is now hopeful for a decent criticism
- RPM Art Critic 2 comes by and says, "Hey, Artists A & C have the same style... I wonder who's tutorial they've been using."
- Artist B (unknowingly to the critics) is crushed

This one is more of a what if minus the paraphrased critic dialogue. Still I hope you all can see what kind of issue I'm trying to enlighten you to.

In conclusion, I really don't know why I felt so ruffled at this recent turn of events or why I had to say something. In most cases, I'd be content to just chill, be quiet and watch how things play out. I'd have my own opinions, my own observations, but I'd mostly be chill. I guess I just didn't think that it would be of service to anyone here as a friend to let these gloomy trends continue.

I hope you all see what it is I'm trying to do for you and maybe, just maybe, try to act even a little bit differently, maybe more considerately and respectful to one another. If we all can't be open minded and accept each others differences, can we at least agree to respect them?

If not, then I guess I'll just have to go with my original plan. :/

This is Jelly. Signing out.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Not to mention that a lot of artists in South America and Asia (not everyone though) takes ANY criticism very harshly and does NOT want to accept those.

A close friend of mine put it in English that she's capable of writing.
"No criticism please. If you don't like it ... don't look at!!"

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~