Boss Contest Winner Announced, New Shooting Star Rockman?

Protodude · 21154

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner

At long last, Coro Coro Comics has announced the winning design of the boss contest: "Clock Genius" created by Gouta san. Details are extremely slim but if the constellation theme in the design is any indication, we might be getting ourselves a new Shooting Star Rockman title.

More details to follow.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:54:18 PM
Yay more Time Freeze/Traveling~ >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 09:55:04 PM
That design is so... I don't even know how to comment on it. >_>

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 09:55:20 PM
What the hell Capcom? You promised no more Shooting Star

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 10:01:29 PM
It looks like a weird mixture of.. Time Man and that black dude from the A team? Weird. Capcom, what's with the sudden weirdness of bosses?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 10:08:18 PM
My god, It looks like Numbermans Successor with the Clock-Fro(Similar to Numbermans Disco-fro. 8D).

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 10:10:22 PM
Just because the design may be directly attributed to Ryuusei, doesn't mean a continuance, necessarily. It could just as well be a design used for a new game.

Or at least, I'd like to think as such, given how Capcom was displeased with Ryuusei, and seemingly content to let it go after a 3rd game.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 10:15:38 PM
It looks like a weird mixture of.. Time Man and that black dude from the A team? Weird. Capcom, what's with the sudden weirdness of bosses?

In before 'I pity da fool'

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 10:25:55 PM
Further postings on 2ch reveal the game that the boss correlates to is undecided.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:14 PM
Further postings on 2ch reveal the game that the boss correlates to is undecided. Strange because if you look closely, behind Clock Genius, you can see what appears to be the arm of Shooting Star Rockman...

Thank you, but looks we are going to have a ZERO of the EXE series (Shooting Star Rockman is EXE's relevant X series, in terms of design wise and X series references).

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:48 PM
Further postings on 2ch reveal the game that the boss correlates to is undecided. Strange because if you look closely, behind Clock Genius, you can see what appears to be the arm of Shooting Star Rockman...

Well, didn't they say, with the opening of the contest, that you were at least allowed to basically have a "preference" for which series your design pertained to the most?

Obviously, an EXE/Ryuusei design was probably going to end up the winner, since kids were going to be the one stuffing the inbox for the contest. But I don't think the end product will be either of those games.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM
I just hope for more ZX, ryuusei will end with part 3.

I HOPE.... :\

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 10:56:55 PM
...I've seen better looking "boss" designs in our own art forum, and that's seven times out of 10 not a good thing.

As long as this gets ripped apart by Zero in some form, I'm fine with it. But for the love of god, no more EXE or Starforce. I'm delighted 3 ended the series, though EXE 3 was supposed to be the end, then they whipped out that half-assed pile of turd called EXE4.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 11:01:56 PM
...I've seen better looking "boss" designs in our own art forum, and that's seven times out of 10 not a good thing.

As long as this gets ripped apart by Zero in some form, I'm fine with it. But for the love of god, no more EXE or Starforce. I'm delighted 3 ended the series, though EXE 3 was supposed to be the end, then they whipped out that half-assed pile of turd called EXE4.

One problem: There hasn't been a main series game in awhile, and by the looks of it this thing's appearance looks like something relaiting to EXE and Starforce, so there may be a new series based upon those two to please the kiddies.

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 11:06:17 PM
One problem: There hasn't been a main series game in awhile, and by the looks of it this thing's appearance looks like something relaiting to EXE and Starforce, so there may be a new series based upon those two to please the kiddies.

Well, it's painfully obvious that a new "Hobby-Style" Rockman is what this new product is going to be. EXE is what gave Capcom a license to print money back in the day. Ryuusei didn't quite live up to EXE's legacy, so it was killed off, in favor of starting anew for whatever this new project is.

At this point, those of us who have no love for the Hobby Style games, may have better luck waiting on "Scramble Battle" or something else to take shape.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 11:06:36 PM
Now one question remains: How will Zan be able to archive the series when he plays the games?

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 11:15:09 PM
This looks like something Flame would draw.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 11:29:10 PM
Now one question remains: How will Zan be able to archive the series when he plays the games?

Zan still has yet to beat SSR2. Let alone touched the third.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 11:33:15 PM
Aww....you and I have so much in common, Zan~ >U<

About the drawing...

Don't forget that when Capcom has a winner decided from a Rockman fan, their internal artists will redesign the character so it will fit into the series they are working on. Just like the last couple of contests, the Rockman fan's artwork is just a concept. Capcom's artists will take care of the final design for the character. So in the end, it doesn't have to be a Shooting Star character. Wait until Capcom's artists makes the final changes first. ^-^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:23 PM
Don't forget that when Capcom has a winner decided from a Rockman fan, their internal artists will redesign the character so it will fit into the series they are working on. Just like the last couple of contests, the Rockman fan's artwork is just a concept. Capcom's artists will take care of the final design for the character. So in the end, it doesn't have to be a Shooting Star character. Wait until Capcom's artists makes the final changes first. ^-^

but if the constellation theme in the design is any indication, we might be getting ourselves a new Shooting Star Rockman title.

ho ho ho that one slaps me on de knee

keyword being "might" anyway

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:59 PM
I think it would be highly interesting to see a MM game where the internal artists were not involved.

The contest winners should be used without any redesign. Gold right there. Can you imagine the outcome?

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 11:39:44 PM
Acid, do you know how many boobs that would result in?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 11:40:08 PM
Sky, do you see the hidden scheme within my scheme?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 11:48:17 PM

So, in the end, basically what I was saying.

*hi fives Vixy*