Romantic Fool · 30219

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #100 on: April 23, 2009, 08:30:21 PM
I know.

Now can we move onto classic series writing for the next 3 pages? >.>
Okay.  What's badly written about the classic series?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: April 23, 2009, 08:34:54 PM
You really want to know? The first game is so damn horribly written, I mean EVERLASTING peace? What's this bullshit? That's a plothole if there ever was one.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #102 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:32 PM
You really want to know? The first game is so damn horribly written, I mean EVERLASTING peace? What's this bullshit? That's a plothole if there ever was one.

Yeah, I guess they could have thought of a better line.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:44 PM
You´ve finnaly agreed on something  :P

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: April 24, 2009, 05:05:46 AM
Rockman fought for it, but he never achieved it.  So in the end it's a tragedy!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: April 24, 2009, 10:35:23 AM
Surely there are some from that time still working on the series, but they are people, unlike you and I, who have been informed of Kitabayashi's plan with the series. That plan is going somewhere we can't yet fathom. The answers to every mystery in the series could be right around the corner.
Ahahaha... ah... Mind if I ask why it is you put so much faith into the possibility of everything being written down/thought out somewhere? If it was, there wouldn't be discussions like this one going on.

Seriously though, this discussion is going nowhere.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: April 24, 2009, 03:13:55 PM
Ahahaha... ah... Mind if I ask why it is you put so much faith into the possibility of everything being written down/thought out somewhere? If it was, there wouldn't be discussions like this one going on.

You're the only one thinking in such black and whites as "everything" preplanned or improvised.

As I have emphasized more than enough in this thread, gaming is a format that lacks certain luxuries, they can not plan it all ahead of time. But regardless of that, there are always ideas of what they want to do and where they want to go floating about. How much is written down and how much is just in the mind's of the writer is unknown and largely irrelevant. Just as much, the relative amount of preplanning or improvisation is irrelevant also.

Kitabayashi had an idea, he proposed it and they agreed as a team to work on it. If any on the team cared about continuity with the Wily storyline, it would have been taken into account when the setting was being made, plain and simple. If they cared or if nobody cared, you can only conclusive note that they did or didn't once the end of the storyline is reached.

If it's completely preplanned, the Wily X7+ connection wholly depends on what that plan is. If it's completely improvised, all the better as they can just decide to make the connection whenever they please. The truth is in the middle, not in either of these black and whites.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #107 on: April 24, 2009, 03:50:35 PM
To be honest, I just don't care about the line in Rockman 1.   ~w~

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:50 PM
You're the only one thinking in such black and whites as "everything" preplanned or improvised.

As I have emphasized more than enough in this thread, gaming is a format that lacks certain luxuries, they can not plan it all ahead of time. But regardless of that, there are always ideas of what they want to do and where they want to go floating about. How much is written down and how much is just in the mind's of the writer is unknown and largely irrelevant. Just as much, the relative amount of preplanning or improvisation is irrelevant also.

Kitabayashi had an idea, he proposed it and they agreed as a team to work on it. If any on the team cared about continuity with the Wily storyline, it would have been taken into account when the setting was being made, plain and simple. If they cared or if nobody cared, you can only conclusive note that they did or didn't once the end of the storyline is reached.

If it's completely preplanned, the Wily X7+ connection wholly depends on what that plan is. If it's completely improvised, all the better as they can just decide to make the connection whenever they please. The truth is in the middle, not in either of these black and whites.

Oh, I'm not thinking in black and whites. You just seem so certain that they have something in mind, and I was merely inquiring as to why that was.

I more than fully realize storytelling over the span of many games isn't easy, especially when it's handed off to several different people over the course of development. It is exactly for this reason that predetermined paths through the over-arcing storyline can simply not be done on a regular basis. There are some exceptions, yes, but it is certainly not the norm. This is also a reason why most developers only think one game ahead at most and don't go beyond that. Even then, there's no guarantee any pre-planning is done at all.

I just think you guys are looking too deeply into something that you really shouldn't. There is a plot to Rockman games, yes, but they aren't the main focal point, and I really doubt they ever will be. Most of the stories can be diluted down to "several big enemies are causing trouble, go kick their asses", along with a cliffhanger thrown in at the end to make the player want more answers (hence, want to buy the sequel that may come out). To argue over them is folly in itself.

Of course, my post will most likely be completely taken out of context in an effort to continue arguing for the sake of arguing, isn't it?

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #109 on: April 24, 2009, 04:10:05 PM
I just think you guys are looking too deeply into something that you really shouldn't. There is a plot to Rockman games, yes, but they aren't the main focal point, and I really doubt they ever will be.

Well, when it comes to MM, only X's plot gets in the way of my enjoyment of the series.  Anyhow, if I wasn't the sort to look too deeply into the MM series, I wouldn't have a MM site at all (which I really ought to update sometime....) and I likely wouldn't be here.

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
  • Zero is the coolest reploid ever <3
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: April 24, 2009, 04:32:26 PM
Oi.. can't we all just agree to disagree? Everyone has their own tastes.. and come on, it's just a game. I know Fxeni has full understanding that it's just a game and not just because he's my boyfriend; I'll have to agree with him on this matter. But now come on, we each have our own opinion and let's just keep it that way, shall we boys? Stop arguing..  ::)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: April 24, 2009, 04:38:40 PM
If they cared or if nobody cared, you can only conclusive note that they did or didn't once the end of the storyline is reached.

I think I mentioned this a while back in the thread, or another thread.  My point was always that the fans cared much much MUCH more about the storyline than the actual people writing it.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #112 on: April 24, 2009, 04:39:51 PM
Oi.. can't we all just agree to disagree? etc
if we just agreed to disagree on everything there would be only discord in the world, no unity

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
  • Zero is the coolest reploid ever <3
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: April 24, 2009, 04:44:14 PM
if we just agreed to disagree on everything there would be only discord in the world, no unity

Yeah but then this argument would keep going.. and going.. and it's pointless to argue over something like this. We're all fans of Rockman indeed (mostly you guys) but it's just a game. Is it really worth all this fighting over? If you guys just simply agree to disagree on this matter then maybe it wouldn't keep dragging on. Depends on how stubborn some of you are though.  X(

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #114 on: April 24, 2009, 04:56:17 PM
If the argument went over the line, one of the admins woulda closed the topic.

Anyhow, the argument is pretty much done.  And I think we've proven just how stubborn we can be.  8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #115 on: April 24, 2009, 05:02:21 PM
Yey~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~