Anyone getting tired of this?

Marnic · 21401

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 08:53:15 PM
-"Another new character? Come the [tornado fang] on!"

This is justified unless that new character is the villain.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 08:53:44 PM
Nerds are, for the most part, impossible to please.  No matter what companies give you, it'll never be enough.
Hence why it's so much easier for the companies to aim for the younger generation, they are somewhat less inclined to [sonic slicer] at first.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
That, and they are less likely to send death threaths and the like :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 08:56:10 PM
This is justified unless that new character is the villain.

As long as I enjoying playing her, I don't mind!   8D

Hence why it's so much easier for the companies to aim for the younger generation, they are somewhat less inclined to [sonic slicer] at first.

Bingo! *pulls out Bingo card*

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
  • Burning with the nintensity of a thousand suns!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 08:57:23 PM
What? There was like a year between each Zero/ZX game. How are you turning a year into a decade?
And fair? Why should I care if it's fair or not? I'm not some child that'll complain if someone other than myself experiences good fortune. Are, are you?

If you want to hear me say that I'm wrong and you're right, then fine. Geez, I guess you aslo want to hear I can't defend my own arguments either. Take it easy, I'm not trying to sound like a douche or anything.
It'll always be the case. 

MM9
-"Why doesn't he slide or have the Charge Shot?"
-"Why is it 8-Bit?"
-"Why is it only downloadable?"
-"Why doesn't it connect to the X series?"

Soon, with MMX9
-"Why can't you play as the Navigators again?"
-"Another new character? Come the [tornado fang] on!"
-"The story sucks."

Haha, can't say I wasn't one of those. At least when it comes to the 8-bit part, but I just thought it feelt lazy that's all. It gave it a nice atmosphere.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:32 PM
If you want to hear me say that I'm wrong and you're right, then fine. Geez, I guess you aslo want to hear I can't defend my own arguments either.

Well I'd um I'd prefer it if you'd answer my questions but okay! I'll take what I can get I guess.

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 09:16:14 PM
Well I'd um I'd prefer it if you'd answer my questions but okay! I'll take what I can get I guess.

Exaclty how didn't I answer your question? Haven't I been trying to do so during these past 4 posts?
Make the question simple and I'll give you a simple answer, how does that sound?

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 09:22:17 PM
Question the first!

What? There was like a year between each Zero/ZX game. How are you turning a year into a decade?

Question the second!

And fair? Why should I care if it's fair or not? I'm not some child that'll complain if someone other than myself experiences good fortune. Are, are you?

The first one is the only one I'm really interested in hearing your answer to, if we're going to be honest.

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 09:44:57 PM
At least the Zero series ended after 4 games. They quit entierly with ZX...or at least so it seems. The BN/SF series have been considered medicore by a lot of fans, they knew when to quit with these games at least while BN/SF keep struggeling forward (it'd be akward if they did release another ZX after I said this though, haha)
I might've exaggerated a little bit but I wasn't being literal with Capcom taking a decade for them to finish a game off. But they do seem to release more BN/SF games than any other games though. And that sort of feels as the other games are being delayed further.

I'm not going to lie to you, the X games were releasing pretty fast one after another as well, every 2nd year or so they released a new X game. And I agree with you on the Zero thing too. I'm not going to be entierly partial when it comes to this matter, I never was to begin with, actually...I was wonder why they'd keep this up instead of trying to balance it out a little by adding some more of that oldschool megaman we love so much.

And to answer your other question, by god, did you read any of my other messages...AT ALL? No, I'm not, in fact I'm only asking why the fortune isn't shared. I don't mind if somebody gets some.

I have a feeling about what I said about BN/SF being medicore is going to hit me straight in the face, but that's what I've heard and experienced.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:16 PM
Well, pretty much the avatar says that you may want a Disgea-type Megaman game (shows that you aren't just a Megaman fan), but it may be too hard for the kiddies. Art contests were origionally geared for kids, then soon after fans of all ages joined on the bandwagon for the laugh.

Then as the RPG fetish hit, they craved an RPG type game right after Final Fantasy 7 was a hit. In fact, the RPG crave still goes on, alongside shooters.

What Capcom's doing is just to keep up with the times, like everyone else said.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 09:48:16 PM
Yeah, I got it by now. I wasn't thinking about if before, though. Thanks for answering my question.

I just had to finish explaining everything to Tickle Buffalo before I could finally leave it to be.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 10:08:01 PM
And to answer your other question, by god, did you read any of my other messages...AT ALL? No, I'm not, in fact I'm only asking why the fortune isn't shared. I don't mind if somebody gets some.

But there have been far far far far more sidescrolling games than RPG ones. You've had more than your fair share of the fortune, haven't you? The RPG games deserve more focus, if anything, if we're in the mood for sharing fortune.

Aaaaaanyway I'm bored of this thread so I'm gonna do something else now. Closing statements: Yes they're gonna make games you don't enjoy, no you don't have a right to complain about that. Instead, rejoice, for although you may not enjoy them, games are being made which will please others! Your selfless acceptance of this will surely lead to great karmic rewards in your future!

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 10:14:03 PM
What I find annoying is that regardless of sales, Capcom is going to systematically ignore your preferences in favor of the Japanese market. They are too centered on developing games for Japan

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 14, 2009, 10:29:57 PM
But there have been far far far far more sidescrolling games than RPG ones. You've had more than your fair share of the fortune, haven't you? The RPG games deserve more focus, if anything, if we're in the mood for sharing fortune.

Aaaaaanyway I'm bored of this thread so I'm gonna do something else now. Closing statements: Yes they're gonna make games you don't enjoy, no you don't have a right to complain about that. Instead, rejoice, for although you may not enjoy them, games are being made which will please others! Your selfless acceptance of this will surely lead to great karmic rewards in your future!

Well, might as well just say it one last time...I never really did bother with them making their games, I just thought it would be fun if there could be another non-RPG Megaman game released soon.

I don't know what the problem is, either I didn't say it right in all of those messages or you sort of misinterpert it.

I have no intentions of sounding like a badguy, hope that makes things clearer for you.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 05:47:42 PM
You know, I'll never understand why people think certain Inti games are better or worse than others. From Zero to ZXA, Inti has always delivered us quality games with the same dedication. They've had the engine down from the very beginning and continue to polish up and innovate their games with every sequel.

Surely there are differences between games, but on a matter of quality, the difference is so little, it should be about which one you like more than the other, but people must apparently think in black and whites. Apparently one game rocks the house, and the game that is exactly like it with some differences is apparently the worst ever....

6 quality games by Inti a row.. their seventh release is a quality game that invokes immense nostalgia and suddenly people proclaim we haven't had any good games in forever? 

I just have to ask, are people even playing these games right? Boot them up, kick ass, kick some more ass. You don't have to let all the extra stuff get in the way of that. All of these games offer that same classic experience.

Meh, I guess Inti should start releasing their games with a classic mode that brings it all back to basics...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 05:50:22 PM
It depends what people you ask. I personally love every single one of Inti's games. ^o^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 08:45:35 PM
My only complaint with the Star Force series, and the battle network ones as well, is the Pokemon-route of hidden cards/chips. Annoying else find it really annoying that there's some sort of hidden, super power card/chip and you have to go to an event in order to get it, and because the series isn't as popular as Pokemon, the events are pretty much just limited to Japan until hell and forever passes by for CoA to do something about it in the US?

Offline Trike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:24 PM
I have come to once again fulfill my duties as a video gamer and criticize games instead of playing them.

Is Capcom master-trolling us or something? The whole series (starting from Megaman Battle Network, for whatever reason I consider these two one in a same) has started to get sort of repetitive.
I haven't tried the later games in this series in specific, just the first one, I heard 3 was supposed to be better and all, but c'mon seriously?

And what's this I'm hearing about a 4th installment? Capcom must fancy copying and pasting but why push aside other games for this? I want X9 or some crazy [parasitic bomb].

Repetitiveness is something that Capcom has struggled with. From old Mega Man games to Resident Evil, they have always been criticized for it. A fourth installment of Star Force is completely unlikely. They have shut down all the Star Force related media, and are releasing a complete works art book for the series. If you are talking about the boss design, that contest was made for you to make a boss design for any Mega Man game. The person who created the picture probably had a Star Force character in mind. Capcom is going to redesign it to fit whatever game it wants to be for.  It could end up as a Mega Man Train Simulator (RockTracks) for all we know. The Star Force Mega Man in the background was because the same page was also showing Mega Man Star Force 3 news.

Here is something else I am confused about; why do you think that the EXE/SF games are delaying other Mega Man games? This is like accusing Pokemon of delaying a new Zelda. Capcom has different production studios. The studio that makes the X series has nothing to do with EXE and probably Star Force. EXE was made by the studio that made Mega Man Legends, which is why there are so many similarities and references. That didn't really delay Mega Man Legends 3, the sales of the Legends series is what  delayed it. If it wasn't EXE it would be some other project. Going by your theory, wouldn't the Zero and ZX series delayed Mega Man 9 because Inti Creates made all of them?

I could understand not liking EXE/SF, but you shouldn't dump all of the blame on them just because you don't like them.

What I find annoying is that regardless of sales, Capcom is going to systematically ignore your preferences in favor of the Japanese market. They are too centered on developing games for Japan

Not true. They have been working on games targeted at the western market more recently. Dead Rising is an example. First aimed or at least did well with the western market, and with Dead Rising 2 they are collaborating with a western developer.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 12:51:03 AM
Well, Inti also made the Battle Network game Battle Chip Challenge, that makes (Z1-4, ZX & ZXA, MM9) seven games. If these guys ever go out on thier own, they may need a mascot, or they could be with a special department in Capcom until thier budget gets better.

A Mega Man with a true RPG system may be in the works (Time = A spell in most JRPGs). Depending if Inti or DASH's department decides to work on this title (Alpha Dream may be backstabbing Nintendo because it is known for the Mario & Luigi RPG series).

As for the repetitiveness factor, I think it was the gameplay back then that mattered, not the plot. Now's the reverse. People play for the plot, for those folks, play Final Fantasy or some generic JRPG dammit!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 07:04:50 AM
My only complaint with the Star Force series, and the battle network ones as well, is the Pokemon-route of hidden cards/chips. Annoying else find it really annoying that there's some sort of hidden, super power card/chip and you have to go to an event in order to get it, and because the series isn't as popular as Pokemon, the events are pretty much just limited to Japan until hell and forever passes by for CoA to do something about it in the US?
Stop complaining, make the effort to find the extra software/hardware to get these things (BNEXE: Card e-Reader(+), appropriate e-Reader cards, extra GBA if neccessary, AR; SSR/SF: JP-region Wii, US Download Station, AR)

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:50 PM
Stop complaining, make the effort to find the extra software/hardware to get these things (BNEXE: Card e-Reader(+), appropriate e-Reader cards, extra GBA if neccessary, AR; SSR/SF: JP-region Wii, US Download Station, AR)

Right, because all that stuff is readily available or announced. I didn't know that there were hidden cards/chips until BN5, and that was because the guide book I had actually mentioned them. Not to mention there's hardly anything said about obtaining the actual hidden cards for SF1 OR 2 in a legit manner. There WAS some sort of download station, but god knows by the time people found out, it was too late. Capcom isn't like Nintendo in that they announce this stuff well ahead of time, nor are the hidden cards THAT epic to warrant a trip to wherever the hell it is or if they're even participating in it. Pokemon's almost guaranteed to have it's events take place because of how freakin' popular it is. Not every place is going to carry the stuff for Star Force. As for using AR, that's just a moot point since you can't say "I have an official and legit copy". Sometime's the codes are hard as hell to find in the first place, I think only the KingGranduer and LeMu card codes are only on a few forum posts on a different website. If not now, it was back then, but enough time to have passed to warrant a "What the hell is taking them so long?!" for the codes.