Alright, time to unload. *ka-click* (Warning: a rant lies ahead)

Cyberpunk · 10993

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
As far as storylines go, the Zero and the ZX series have both satisfied me, for now.(Well, I would like the ZX serie to continue though)

I'd rather worry more about the franchise if the gameplay and music were starting to get less good.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Heh, if you're playing MegaMan games for story, then I'm sorry! XD

One of the most sensible opinions in this thread. Honestly, Megaman game story lines are a joke at best. They have holes, things left unexplained and they jump time lines way too much FOR there to be anything to make sense. A good story is from point A, to B, to C, to D. Not A, to C, to O, to Cinnamon Toast crunch. >_> If you want a story that makes sense, pick up a book, not a Megaman game.

Also, I disagree HIGHLY with Zan there, due to the thought that MM9 furthers the storyline. Uh.... no. It said that robots expire, time passed, and Megaman can't use the slide anymore. That's not character development. It was like Final Destination the movie but for Megaman. You are NOT there for the plot, you are not there for the character development. (Which it also lacks) You're there to blast bots in a fun game.

And to Cyberpunk, I'll tell you what Jay Sherman told the world. "If people would stop going to see bad movies, they will stop making bad movies. If the movie stinks, just don't go." In that sense, nerds themselves are the ones to blame for some of the...subpar Megaman games put out from MM EXE 4-6 to StarForce. If the game is terrible, just stop buying them and the company will get it and say "Oh. People aren't buying this. They don't like it." And they'll either A) Put out a better and improved version (This is PROVED by Devil May Cry 2's suckyness and Devil May Cry 3's non sucky-ness.), B) They won't make anymore of the series. And that would just be the end of it, and the nerds will have nothing to [sonic slicer] about. Or C) Stupid company is stupid and puts out something that sucked all around anyways, because they are stupid.

This has been done with Evergrace. It sucked, people knew it. The company knew it, people didn't WANT Forever Kingdom, but stupid company put out game anyway. Why it not make moneys?! :O

So if you want a better game of something, the only thing you can do is NOT buy what sucks, the numbers will show to the company, and they will focus on what is good... Or they'll be all like "Oooooh. Sphere black ball sparkle. Why rope ontop of it disappearing? *BOOOM!* IT AM SPARKLE! AHHHHH!"

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Also, I disagree HIGHLY with Zan there, due to the thought that MM9 furthers the storyline. Uh.... no. It said that robots expire, time passed, and Megaman can't use the slide anymore. That's not character development. It was like Final Destination the movie but for Megaman. You are NOT there for the plot, you are not there for the character development. (Which it also lacks) You're there to blast bots in a fun game.

Mega not having Sliding or Charge Shot is not a part of the story. that's a gameplay mechanic. it's exactly the same thing as Mega not having Rush Coil in MM6, MM8 and MM&B.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Uh. Not sure if you noticed (Which you didn't >_>), but I wasn't being serious about that part.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
i don't think anyone could have noticed that. you gotta learn to mark sarcasm better.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile

What's so hard to understand about what it means for a CLASSIC game to further the storyline? The mere fact that we're blasting bots again is furthering the storyline! It's never about development, it's about creating a fun game in a fun setting that will make you imagine new stories and want to play new games. Think more like a kid, dream of new highly enjoyable adventures against the evil Dr. Wily and fight for everlasting peace!

MM EXE 4-6

Disregarding the fact that both EXE5 and EXE6 were great? 4 would be too, if it wasn't so bloody random.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
The classic series has a story.  It's just that things don't get resolved.

- In MM3 Proto's introduced. 
- In MM4, Proto betrays Wily by saving Kalinka (apparently Wily didn't know he saved MM in 3).
- In MM5 Wily frames Proto out of revenge.
- In 6 Wily is finally captured.
- In 7 he escapes and reveals a new enemy - Bass. Who becomes the new co star.
- MM8 basically establishes things from 7.
- R&F shows Bass having problems following Wily's instructions. 
- At this point, PF arguably ends the series with some *potential* endings ... depending on how you see them.

MM9 does give toss out some interesting ideas.  According to the story Argia wrote, there's the whole matter of expiration dates being new .... whether this is canon or not is up in the air IMHO.  If they're not supposed to be new it's still interesting.  Two Fakemen makes me think Robot Masters are more like minor enemies than full-out characetrs; another interesting idea. 

But MM9 is like MM2 in the way that it's a "return" story.  MM2 is the sequel to MM1 and it's just about Wily's return.  MM9 is the return of NES-MM and that's really the basic idea.  Expecting anything more from a return story is asking too much.  They didn't make it to end classic MM, they made it as a potential revival. 

Anyhow, there ya go.  MM classic has a very basic story.  I too wish Capcom would resolve some plot threads (Would it kill them to reveal Protoman's sibling relationship to MM? Can they resolve Bass permenantly?), but ... whatever.  Capcom's Capcom.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Hey, I already explained why Rock didn't use the Charge or Slide in MM9.  He's just being MegaCocky!  Rock's all like "It's only Wily, and I'm [tornado fang]ing 12-0, or more.  You know what, I'll give him a sporting chance this time!  Hell, I'm only taking Rush cause he needs to go for a walk!"