Rockman Betas, Trials, Promos and scrapped projects. The more rare, the better.

VixyNyan · 266389

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Hey guys, just letting you know that I was the one that scanned that magazine for the Lost Levels ( http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?t=2203 ).

The news has been spreading around and the credit is being given to Keiji. Which is not particularly amusing since I sent the same information to several sites (months ago) and I was ignored.

Well, give this dude a medal. Really, I had no intention of stealing anyone's work and credit (believe me, I've had my stuff taken before too. I know what it's like). I hope no one got that impression from me.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Since I recently received my Rockman DASH CFC Demo disc I've been trying to find if there is anything left over in it. Going through ROCK_NEO.exe turned up the following things:

Beginning at Offset 0005A440 It lists out the directories and files used to compile this demo.
E:\PSX\ROCK_NEO\EXE\LOGO.EXE....................................E:\PSX\ROCK_NEO\EXE\ZNULL.DAT
Neither of these files are on the CD though. Probably not worth much though judging by their names.

Next interesting item appears around offset 0005D7A0
ðò...... NORMAL......¨.. BUSTER......¸.. M_GUN.......È.. SHOT........Ø.. DRILL.......è.. BOMB........ø.. SPREAD......... VACUUM.....................................F... NORMAL.....F¨.. BUSTER.............¾... HELMET.....¾¨.. HAIR...............F@.. ON.........FP.. OFF.........@.. TYPE A......P.. TYPE B.....¾@.. SMALL......¾P.. BIG....

Looks like we have a weapon list for the first part:
Normal - obviously when you can't use your buster
Buster - obvious =P
M_GUN - Machine gun
SHOT - ?? A different name for the Powered Buster possibly?
Drill - Drill Arm
Bomb - Splash Mine most likely
Then SPREAD and VACUUM are obvious.

Next bit that's interesting is the Helmet text, I'm curious if there is some way to turn on Mega Man's helmet since from earlier videos he started out with the helmet.
They Type A, Type B is most likely just the control choices
No clue what SMALL/BIG are though.

Possibly later on tonight I was going to try changing the On to Off or the Off to On to see if it has any results with gameplay.

Has anyone found anything else going through any of the files?

I just wanted to note changing the ON and OFF text that showed up seemed to have no effect at all on gameplay. I did learn one interesting thing though today I hadn't seen mentioned on here before and it's not mentioned on the control layout before starting the beta. Press L2+L1 or R1 and you will do a 90 degree turn. Looks like this was removed from the final in favor of the 180 degree turn using down+O.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I just wanted to note changing the ON and OFF text that showed up seemed to have no effect at all on gameplay. I did learn one interesting thing though today I hadn't seen mentioned on here before and it's not mentioned on the control layout before starting the beta. Press L2+L1 or R1 and you will do a 90 degree turn. Looks like this was removed from the final in favor of the 180 degree turn using down+O.
Wasn't this control scheme in that Capcom Friendly Club demo as well? I recall holding down the L2 and pressed the Right/Left directional button to do a turn.

Pretty uncomfortable control scheme really.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Wasn't this control scheme in that Capcom Friendly Club demo as well? I recall holding down the L2 and pressed the Right/Left directional button to do a turn.

Pretty uncomfortable control scheme really.
That's the demo I'm referring to. =P The info I gave may not be new, but from what I've seen it hasn't been documented anywhere.

I have spring break coming up soon so I want to see if I can dig into any of the files some to find any more leftovers. It seems a lot of the documentation online is only comparing gameplay and graphical differences. There may be leftover things such as textures or sound clips not used in the demo or final. I'm also curious if any special weapons are in the demo in some form considering they are mentioned in the ROCK_NEO.exe. Problem is I haven't had much experience with many of the stuff here. So it's like a 1000 piece puzzle and it's one solid color.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
That's the demo I'm referring to. =P The info I gave may not be new, but from what I've seen it hasn't been documented anywhere.

I have spring break coming up soon so I want to see if I can dig into any of the files some to find any more leftovers. It seems a lot of the documentation online is only comparing gameplay and graphical differences. There may be leftover things such as textures or sound clips not used in the demo or final. I'm also curious if any special weapons are in the demo in some form considering they are mentioned in the ROCK_NEO.exe. Problem is I haven't had much experience with many of the stuff here. So it's like a 1000 piece puzzle and it's one solid color.

Looking forward to any findings you unearth! I'm obsessed with the production phases of MML1; love seeing the beta stuff.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Well I have some good news in a world where proto findings aren't very common. Some of you may have heard of DreamTR before, but anyways he is a well known person in the world of prototype sales. Anyways I'm going to be purchasing a Mega Man X6 proto. No clue how early or late it is. I just know it's not a retail disc, but I will be dumping it as soon as it arrives.

He also has a proto for Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2) that was marked March of 2004 (3 months before release) and previewable disc of Command Mission for PS2 and a NR Reader disc for the game cube version. Again no clue on how early or late those are (minus the Anniv. Col. disc), but unfortunately I just had a ~$400 car repair, and I don't have the money for all four discs. They're all roughly $50/piece and my b-day is this friday so hopefully I'll get some birthday cards in the mail from family that will help my proto buying. =)

Here's to hoping there is anything interesting on the disc, but don't get your hopes too far up. It's most likely close to final, but might have leftovers like test levels and crap.

Posted on: August 17, 2010, 07:33:38
Got it in the mail today. On the disc is written 9-28-01 so it's 2 months prior to the jap release. Doing a quick start the main difference is they don't have the Rockman X6 load screen implemented yet it still says Rockman X5, but the colors are really messed up. EDIT- Actually it does say Rockman X6 the colors are just so off it looks like a 5.

I don't have a working cd-rom drive at the moment so I have to wait to be able to use my friends laptop so I can dump it. Expect a dump shortly though! =)

oh another "major" finding. The Title screen text is Yellow instead of white. =P

the load screens and options screens are incomplete. They only take up about 2/3 of the screen horizontally.

In game I tried accessing the controller setup screen. Can you say [tornado fang]'d up?

No diamond here for the boss icon..

WHAT?!?!

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
VERY Interesting. Especially the part select.

Do you think you could get a clearer shot of the parts select screen? i cant quite make out the figures because of the TV lines.
Try to get a shot from the front.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
If it gets dumped, you can snap a pixel-perfect 1:1 image with either pcsx or epsxe (with the right video settings).

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I sure wouldn't mind!

That is- if it GETS dumped. :\

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
It will be dumped tonight. The only working cd drive I have has a lot of read problems so I wouldn't trust it with making a rip. A friend of mine is coming over tonight and with his computer so I can rip it. Maybe don't expect an upload till tomorrow though it is my 21st birthday so I have to have some fun! ;)

Then we can finally really start digging into this to see what beta stuff there is.

Also I let the demo play once and X is retarded as hell!  8D

Flame- to answer your question they are the same to figures on both sides (just mirrored). The figure closer to the middle appears to be the falcon armor and the other appears to be the blade armor(I think?).

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It will be dumped tonight. The only working cd drive I have has a lot of read problems so I wouldn't trust it with making a rip. A friend of mine is coming over tonight and with his computer so I can rip it. Maybe don't expect an upload till tomorrow though it is my 21st birthday so I have to have some fun! ;)

Then we can finally really start digging into this to see what beta stuff there is.

Also I let the demo play once and X is retarded as hell!  8D

Flame- to answer your question they are the same to figures on both sides (just mirrored). The figure closer to the middle appears to be the falcon armor and the other appears to be the blade armor(I think?).

Well done! Can't wait to see what's inside the disc files, and make video footage of it when it leaks out!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Well now, this is quite interesting. I can't wait to see what kinda data we can pull off of this.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I wonder if they implemented the Nightmare system by this point? I mean, how far in dev. would this copy be if it has messed up backgrounds on the control setup and a sketched out part select?
Wow, this is fun. And I thought that beta screenshot of X6 was cool. Actually, if gate's stages are here, It might just look like that screenshot!

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
You should seriously consider submmiting this information to the owner of the website, gaunlet, of www.themechanicalmaniacs.com

he always documents everything possible concerning betas, pirates, proto's and so on for all the mega man games in the series from NES to nintendo DS literally.

shadowman@cogeco.ca
i dont know if this is still his email. last time i talked to him via that email was in feburary 2007.
worth a try though. (or register on the forum on his website to contact him via PM)

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
And it is dumped! I did a 1:1 rip to bin/toc and converted the toc to cue for easier use.

Megaupload Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GG06WJ4

If someone has a better mirror or host feel free to spread around!

Some more images from an emulator (sorry I forgot to trim them <_<):

Trying to access memory card from title screen...

Now do you see where I thought it said X5 for a second? =P

Nice Sketch!

Parts Screen sketches..

I save no one! (You can rescue them though.)

Hey X you're going the wrong way and attacking the air...

By the way there's no armor or hearts...

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
There's a WARNING voice clip now. Intro Stage BGM is shorter.
When Nightmare Zero slashes the intro boss, there's no sound.
The wind sound effect where Gate is in the sand field doesn't exist.

(Download)
Rockman X6 9-28-01.rar

http://www.rockmanpm.com/player/player.swf?file=http://www.rockmanpm.com/lol/rockx6protowarning.mp4
Video Download (mp4 h264 60fps)

Something I should mention about those round rolling thingies there.
When they touch each other, they will stop a bit and then roll in the other direction.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Cool post

Glad someone is able to do videos. For some reason epsxe isn't working right with ubuntu on my desktop, and my laptop is a little netbook so it can't do the emulator and video at the same time. =P

Now that I have a new dvd drive I'm going to fix windows on my desktop so I can record videos too.
Also thanks for the mirror.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I might mirror it on my website too, if that's cool with you.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Video is up. And things. ^^o

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
WONDERFUL!!

I can't wait to play this when the download is finished!

Skaarg, would you mind taking a picture, or better yet, a scan of the prototype disc? I'd like to see what a protodisc looks like, even if it might not be anything special to everyone else. It would be much appreciated. =)

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Been playing through it, spotted quite a few oddities:

-There are no sound effects during cutscenes (such as hums of machines or howling winds), only voices.
-Falcon Armor's Giga Attack lacks sound effects.
-Stage background graphics are incomplete in some areas.
-High Max's battle sprite is a brighter hue.
-Nightmare Viruses in Commander Yammark's stage do not infect rescuable Reploids.
-When fighting Nightmare Zero, his armor is traditional red whereas in the final, it's purple/pink.
-Rainy Turtloid's stage music is slightly different, lacking certain instruments.
-As seen in early screens, the giant Reploid, Illumina, is restrained.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Looks like they went back and forth on that background and floor ...

themechanicalmaniacs.com/images/mmmysteries/MMX6mys-scrnV1-11.jpg

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
He also has a proto for Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2) that was marked March of 2004 (3 months before release) and previewable disc of Command Mission for PS2 and a NR Reader disc for the game cube version. Again no clue on how early or late those are (minus the Anniv. Col. disc), but unfortunately I just had a ~$400 car repair, and I don't have the money for all four discs. They're all roughly $50/piece and my b-day is this friday so hopefully I'll get some birthday cards in the mail from family that will help my proto buying. =)

$50 a pop? Wow, he really did drop those prices! I tried bargaining for the PS2 XCM a while back, but he wouldn't go any lower than $150. Alas, I'm broke myself at the moment, so do as you will!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
God damn it, my laptop just HAAAD to be being serviced right now didnt it. Im going to have to wait to play this. D:

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
How in the [tornado fang]ing hell... did I miss this thread?
I LOVE GAME PROTOS, BETAS n'[parasitic bomb].
I even have some of the SA2 betas/trials/protos drx (POLAND POWERRR) from sonic cult released on a DVD.

Anyway, gonna play this and see how it's like.
I haven't played X6 in a while, tough. : P