Rin · 38251

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: August 21, 2013, 02:39:57 PM
So yeah.
It seems like some preview pages for first Sonic issue post-Worlds Collide have been posted. I'm too lazy to post them here, but few things to note:

[spoiler]Sonic remembers the whole ordeal with Megaman, but not anybody else (or certainly not Tails)

Tails says to Sonic, that they haven't seen Silver since the time they rescued the Wisps. This never really happened in the canon, so it's one of the changes.[/spoiler]

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: August 21, 2013, 04:09:42 PM
Well, the Archie Sonic reboot gives me better impression than DC's New 52, I can say that much.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: August 23, 2013, 02:25:45 AM
If this fails, SEGA may take the rights from Archie Comic Publications and Ken Penders and give it to someone who won't destroy years of memories with infighting.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: August 23, 2013, 02:40:51 AM
Ken Penders doesn't have anything to do with Sonic anymore, other than lawsuits and stuff, but he's not involved with writing the comic anymore from what I hear on Retro.

So wait... they used the Megaman crossover to essentially change the Canon of Archie Sonic? And Megaman sort of just goes back to doing his thing, huh?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: August 23, 2013, 02:56:49 AM
So wait... they used the Megaman crossover to essentially change the Canon of Archie Sonic? And Megaman sort of just goes back to doing his thing, huh?
Yes.
Ian, the current writer, said the Crossover was a Godsend.
They had not much choice becaue of the Pendersgeddon which happened to the comic. Considering how many character were his, and what kind of role they played in the overall universe of the comic, doing such a soft reboot after the crossover is the logical thing to do.

Mega Man had no need for such a thing, so.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: August 23, 2013, 03:04:22 AM
Neato. Works better than just saying "[tornado fang] it" and having the comic reset entirely.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: August 23, 2013, 03:43:01 AM
I'm posting here so Tron doesn't kill me.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: August 23, 2013, 07:43:39 AM
I'm posting here so Tron doesn't kill me.
But you're already dead...

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #83 on: August 23, 2013, 07:47:14 AM
I may get back into Sonic, then.  But that depends on how often I can get to a comic store.  I've been wanting to read the crossover, but hearing how it's been pretty meh, I'll just wait for the trade.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:43 AM
I may get back into Sonic, then.  But that depends on how often I can get to a comic store.  I've been wanting to read the crossover, but hearing how it's been pretty meh, I'll just wait for the trade.
Late responding to this but... go for it, if you can. You just might like it.

Speaking of which:
Copypasta spoilers from a guy called Autonywork on plus4chan's /co/.

[spoiler]The big one:
King Acorn is King Max, but not the one we know. This is Max!New, who looks far younger and almost seems a cross between Max!Old and Elias. And a kind old sport, not a douche. (Sonic even has a thought bubble about him not being a jerk.) In addition, he now has a full squirrel tail, just like Ray the Squirrel. Curly and everything. And a new crown. I'll have a picture tonight if no one posts one sooner (use spoiler image plz).

The rest of the story:
When Naugus leaves that's it, exit stage right, no return in the issue.
Nanites are gone. Nada. Zip.
Tails Doll is controlled by a Command Core (not the exact name, but I haven't the issue at work), which is apparently a common thing in this new world. It eats the surrounding landscape to heal itself until Sonic and Tails managed to pull it out.
After Nicole is thrown outside in her little tricorder, the mechanics mess up a bit, breaking the speaker. Tails finds her but her hologram seems to indicate he should stay away; he doesn't notice this, though, and when he picks her up she shocks him and he remembers everything from WC and both timelines. This also "defragments" her and she spends the rest of the issue fairly incoherent (whether or not she also remembers everything now is unknown.) After they beat Tails Doll, Sonic starts to "remember" (for lack of a better world) the new timeline.
There is a "New Flashback" quickly comparing Robotnik (looking more like modern Eggman) meeting King Max in the old timeline to Eggman from the Genesis games meeting King Max!New.
Naugus had trapped King Acorn in a holding cell below Castle Acorn and managed to use some tech from a prior Eggman attack to make it extra secure. For whatever reason, Nicole was left with King Acorn, and apparently could still render a physical form but some power source died before Naugus took her and trapped King Acorn.

Speaking of Eggman, he landed in southern Efrika in the remainder of the Machine X from Worlds Collide, along with Orbot and Cubot. All of them completely remember the WC events and the prior timelines, Eggman mentions Wily by name (well, "Al"). No mention is made on the new timeline, as I recall, and Eggman even starts pushing his busted Eggchair across the desert and hopes there's a nearby base...

Anyway, the Freedom Fighters had gone on a mission to find Sally, and the last transmission back to Mobotropolis was a "heavily encoded" message from Rotor, a set of co-ordinates that Sonic and Tails are going to go after. As they're talking about who could remember changes, Nicole tries to offer some advice about finding the FF and Tails takes this to mean that if they find people close to Sonic, they might remember upon contact with him. Interestingly, King Max rests his hand on Sonic's shoulder but is still not aware of another timeline (and they don't tell him.)
A final page shows us a heavily-shadowed Sally(!New, if it has to be said) hiding in the Death Egg as EGGSwats run around trying to find her.[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 03:09:38 AM
I was hoping that Nicole would revert back to tricorder form, but whatever.  Perhaps farther down the lane, she will.  Her furry form has always bugged me.  It just... didn't seem right...

GLaDOS should teach her how to be a proper artificial intelligence.  She's got the voice, almost.  Just needs the insanity.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 03:43:09 AM
I like her furry form, besides, she went through some character development and had a lot of to [parasitic bomb] to deal with.

[spoiler]After Iron Dominion's invasion on New Monbotropolis, Nicole pretended to be under Iron Queen's control. After this was over, Naugus appeared and used Mina's songs which were kinda anti-Nicole (because many citizens were afraid of her after the whole Iron Dominion thing) to increase hatred and fear for her. When Naugus became the king, he had Nicole thrown out of the city because the citizens wanted it too (besides he's not gonna have some unsubordinate piece of technology). Of course that kinda backfired in many ways, because Nicole could completely control Mobotropolis defenses and could aslo repair the city quicker using the Nanities from which it was build. So many citizens began either rudely begging for her return or just outright living in stupid denial.

Especially after Naugus failed to protect the city from the Battle Bird Armada, which made a giant hole in the center of New Mobotropolis.

Then there was also the fact [tornado fang]ing Dimitri, reduced to a goddamn head in a ball walking on cyber tentacles, consoled her and helped her gain some courage. Then Espio came to cheer her up too.
As a fun fact, I'll also say that it was she and Espio who convinced Dimitri to face Knuckles again.

Then there's fact that Nicole lost Sally, her best friend,  to Eggman (Mecha Sally).

Of course, I dunno how much of this is still canon but...

Her sub-plot that went on for some time in the comic, is simply one of my favorities from this comic. And I dunno if it would have worked out quite as well without her hologram form.
But to each their own.
[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #87 on: February 21, 2014, 04:14:01 AM

...Is that you, Linkara?

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:30 AM
I do not know. Looks a little too old to be Linkara to me.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #89 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:38 AM
Linkara in the future?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #90 on: February 26, 2014, 10:59:43 AM
He had gone gray from all the bad comics.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #91 on: October 22, 2014, 07:39:26 PM
So, let's change that! 8D

Oh, where do I start?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #92 on: October 22, 2014, 08:25:32 PM
A scuba diver mutant trying the naked apron thing? o-O

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #93 on: October 22, 2014, 08:55:52 PM
Note that one forearm is longer than the other.  The coloring is horrendous.  It lacks mass.  The spear-harpoon-doohickey is utterly impractical and has the design aesthetic of a nine-year-old.

"The Enchyd'nya are TOTALLY ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL LOL"

I've seen fanchidnas that were more original.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:20 PM
What the ever-loving [tornado fang] is that supposed to be? Is that a [tornado fang]ing echidna??

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #95 on: October 22, 2014, 09:01:43 PM

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: October 22, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Ugh, his god-awful illustrations aside, I was browsing through some of the Archie Sonic covers he had up.

Instant nostalgia! These covers take me BACK.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: February 27, 2015, 02:15:10 AM

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection