Rockman Science Hour - Theory, techbabble, and handwavium, oh my

Machina · 15138

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Isn't his special weapon also literally useless except as a boss weakness?

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Isn't his special weapon also literally useless except as a boss weakness?
What?  Needle Cannon?  Heck no.  It is a vulcan gun with a wider field of fire than the Buster.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
A weapon like that would have been more useful if there were any Gabyolls or Springers or anything low to the ground like that in the game, because then you would hit them with every other shot.  But it is still nice to give your thumb a break, unless you already have an auto-fire button.

If it's The Wily Wars, though, the Needle Cannon also continues onward after defeating an enemy rather than getting absorbed, so it's slightly more useful, yay!

Also it fools bosses that jump whenever you press the fire button, because with Needle Cannon, you don't have to let go of the button to keep on firing, heh heh.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:56:09 AM by Bag of Magic Food »

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
What does Dr. Light hdo with the robots after he repairs them and why aren't there robots in the X series? Is X so complex that there is no way to replicate him completely? I know X is an advanced robot but still I would believe that someone in the X series had at least created their own advanced robot that is not a reploid or something on par with X. 

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
That was kind of the whole point of the X series.  All Reploids are replicas of X, Sigma being the closest to a perfect reproduction.

AntiBunny

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I don't think Sigma was any closer to being a perfect reproduction than many others. I vaguely recall reading about him being the first model to have a maverick-causing glitch fixed, though.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
I don't think Sigma was any closer to being a perfect reproduction than many others. I vaguely recall reading about him being the first model to have a maverick-causing glitch fixed, though.

Sigma is the first Repliroid. He just got the latest circuitry and therefore is presumed to be free of any problems.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
So there can never be a true replica of X? I guess there can only be one X but as for X's limitless potential, what will X grow into if ever reaches that potential?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
how could you ever reach what is limitless?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Technically, his limitless potential doesn't preclude a perfect copy of him being made. It just hasn't happened yet.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Technically, his limitless potential doesn't preclude a perfect copy of him being made. It just hasn't happened yet.

Technically, there is a perfect copy of X. Assuming the blue prints seen at the beginning of Rockman ZERO4 are those of X, Ciel really managed to exactly dublicate him. The problem is, while the physical form and inner circuitry of Master X might have been the same as that of Original X, his soul certainly wasn't, and that soul is part of what grands the limitless potential. If Copy-X wasn't told right away what exactly he was and what his namesake had achieved, with the same amount of time to develop his character, he might have become just like Original X.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Basically the same way clones are handled.

DNA determines your anatomy and body structure but your personality is forged through experiences.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Well, I'd say the bigger achievement in all this would be that she apparently managed to create Copy-X by just looking pictures of X. I don't recall if Ciel was already alive when X left Neo Arcadia to seal the Darkelf with the power of his body, but she managed to do it anyway, without Thomas Right's blueprints. That is quite an amazing feat actually. Then again, she was genetically reinforced in order to do such tasks. She's a designer baby genius.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
He didn't go through life like everyone did, he believed himself to be the perfect copy of X but in the end he deluded himself by saying that he was the perfect copy, rather than just grow thorough his own experiences as himself not just a copy.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well, I'd say the bigger achievement in all this would be that she apparently managed to create Copy-X by just looking pictures of X. I don't recall if Ciel was already alive when X left Neo Arcadia to seal the Darkelf with the power of his body, but she managed to do it anyway, without Thomas Right's blueprints. That is quite an amazing feat actually. Then again, she was genetically reinforced in order to do such tasks. She's a designer baby genius.

Not quite. Ciel, at age 9, watched and mimicked the experiments that were used a hundred years ago to create the Big4 and managed to make a perfect copy of X. She's repeating an experiment, not watching pictures of X. Furthermore, she might have been a human with altered DNA, but even without that altered DNA she is a prodigy, her ancestry is a line of scientists that worked on studying Zero and creating Cyber Elves.

From MMZOCW:
This laboratory is also where Ciel's ancestors studied Cyber-elves, and where Weil created Omega.
humans with altered DNA.
Ciel was just one of these children and was a prodigy.
Just by watching and mimicking the experiments, she somehow managed to produce Copy X.
She was nine years old at the time.
They used the same methods to create the Four Guardians.
The Four Guardians, who were created by using the same methods used in creating Copy X.