Setsuna F. Seiei · 276926

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: December 29, 2008, 03:28:21 PM
That one's really cool, but I still prefer mine 8D
Well of course you would, you rotten bastard. You've already got it in your possession -- that alone makes it worth more. -_-

Sometimes I hate you so, so, SO, SO much.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: December 29, 2008, 05:25:06 PM
That aside, sensei isn't sensei without her suitcase and jeans

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: December 30, 2008, 01:14:19 AM
Good point.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: December 31, 2008, 06:53:46 PM
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
DO FUKKEN WANT

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: December 31, 2008, 06:55:46 PM
That anime/manga/Game/whatever has a few nice armor designs.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: December 31, 2008, 07:01:02 PM
That Saber does look awesome...
Saber would...
DO FUKKEN WANT
too. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: December 31, 2008, 07:06:48 PM
That anime/manga/Game/whatever has a few nice armor designs.
Saber Lily, from Fate/Unlimited Codes (PS2 game)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: January 03, 2009, 08:57:05 PM

This is what I did all of yesterday!  The Light Wings were a [tornado fang]ing [sonic slicer] to put on, but it was WELL worth it. 

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: January 03, 2009, 08:59:13 PM

This is what I did all of yesterday!  The Light Wings were a [tornado fang]ing [sonic slicer] to put on, but it was WELL worth it. 

Do you have the same issues with the knee joints as I had? The upper "joint" doesn't move on mine, in fact it broke on one of my legs when I tried to move it because the parts were so stiff on mine.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: January 03, 2009, 09:02:02 PM
Do you have the same issues with the knee joints as I had? The upper "joint" doesn't move on mine, in fact it broke on one of my legs when I tried to move it because the parts were so stiff on mine.

They were rather stiff, yeah.  I mean, I got it in the pose that I wanted, but it did take a lot more effort than with other models.  Were the Light Wings a pain for you as well, or did I just fail an intelligence test?   8D

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: January 03, 2009, 09:09:09 PM
They were rather stiff, yeah.  I mean, I got it in the pose that I wanted, but it did take a lot more effort than with other models.  Were the Light Wings a pain for you as well, or did I just fail an intelligence test?   8D

Sadly, I don't have the Extreme Burst version, only the regular Master Grade, so I have no idea regarding the Wings of Light. But how exactly is it difficult to put them on, aren't they just one solid peace?

As for the knees, it's rather strange. I've never heard of a Master Grade kit which had so much trouble with double-jointed legs. Well, there's kits that have limited articulation range due to the armor plates applied, but the upper knee joint won't even more an inch if it's just the inner frame! I seriously fear that I'll break the other knee as well if I force it more than I already have.

Oh, another thing: How the hell did you get yours to hold the Arondight with it's LEFT hand? The only way I get the kit to hold that big, heavy sword is by using the closed right fist it came with.

And just for aesthetic means, if I were you, I'd split it's legs more, so it looks more like in the anime sequence.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: January 03, 2009, 09:20:51 PM
Sadly, I don't have the Extreme Burst version, only the regular Master Grade, so I have no idea regarding the Wings of Light. But how exactly is it difficult to put them on, aren't they just one solid peace?

As for the knees, it's rather strange. I've never heard of a Master Grade kit which had so much trouble with double-jointed legs. Well, there's kits that have limited articulation range due to the armor plates applied, but the upper knee joint won't even more an inch if it's just the inner frame! I seriously fear that I'll break the other knee as well if I force it more than I already have.

Oh, another thing: How the hell did you get yours to hold the Arondight with it's LEFT hand? The only way I get the kit to hold that big, heavy sword is by using the closed right fist it came with.

And just for aesthetic means, if I were you, I'd split it's legs more, so it looks more like in the anime sequence.

The Wings of Light are one solid piece, yeah.  But it's getting them into the Wing piece that can be challenging.  You have to put it in perfectly then fiddle with it a bit to get it to look correctly and not bend.  The Wings of Light alone took me an hour or more to do.

As for the knees, yeah I kinda found that weird as well.  I've never had any other issues with that before.  Hell, sometimes most of the knees are too loose.  Heh, the simplest Gundam Models are usually the best in terms of standing up.

As for the Arondight, I'm not sure about the regular Master Grade, but the Extreme Burst one's hands have a little bump on the palm to help hold the sword.  Mind you, it wasn't easy.  Swords never are actually.  Although, neither are guns sometimes too!  XD

As for the pose, it's suppose to be in the dashing forward pose more than the one you posted.  I have to adjust the sword a bit more I think to get that proper pose.  LoL, at 4AM, I wasn't quite in the mood to fiddle with it.

Next up, the Infinite Justice.  I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: January 03, 2009, 09:32:50 PM
As for the Arondight, I'm not sure about the regular Master Grade, but the Extreme Burst one's hands have a little bump on the palm to help hold the sword.  Mind you, it wasn't easy.  Swords never are actually.  Although, neither are guns sometimes too!  XD

Well, the only difference between the normal Master Grade and the Extreme Burst version is that EBV comes with effect parts for the palm cannon and throwing the beam boomerang as well as the 1/20 scale clear figures of Kira and Shinn. Destiny comes with a total of five hands, two regular hands with movable fingers, two outstretched hands for the palm cannon and a closed right fist which needs to be separated and closed around the hilt of the sword to hold it. I'm aware that you can put the sword in the normal movable hands as well, but I just find they don't hold anything pretty well. Like with the Master Grade Strike Freedom, the pegs in these palms are not deep or broad enough to support the item they're supposed to be holding very well. Holding the beam rifle kind of words (but too strong shocks or vibrations will definately make it fall out), but I can't see how the regular hands can support the sword at all. This thing is so heavy...I can't even pose it that well because the weight will usually drag down the arm, which is why I have put the end of the hilt against the lower part of the wing as support.

As for the pose, it's suppose to be in the dashing forward pose more than the one you posted.  I have to adjust the sword a bit more I think to get that proper pose.  LoL, at 4AM, I wasn't quite in the mood to fiddle with it.

Well, doesn't look like dashing at all to me. More like just standing in the air. I'd at least pull a knee forwards or something like that and bend the joint of the stand forwards somewhat for a more dynamic pose. Oh, and you've missed to put the beam rifle on the backskirt. It can be tricky to put the kit on the stand with the rifle attached to the back, but with a little effort, it does work.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 03, 2009, 09:50:52 PM
Well, the only difference between the normal Master Grade and the Extreme Burst version is that EBV comes with effect parts for the palm cannon and throwing the beam boomerang as well as the 1/20 scale clear figures of Kira and Shinn. Destiny comes with a total of five hands, two regular hands with movable fingers, two outstretched hands for the palm cannon and a closed right fist which needs to be separated and closed around the hilt of the sword to hold it. I'm aware that you can put the sword in the normal movable hands as well, but I just find they don't hold anything pretty well. Like with the Master Grade Strike Freedom, the pegs in these palms are not deep or broad enough to support the item they're supposed to be holding very well. Holding the beam rifle kind of words (but too strong shocks or vibrations will definately make it fall out), but I can't see how the regular hands can support the sword at all. This thing is so heavy...I can't even pose it that well because the weight will usually drag down the arm, which is why I have put the end of the hilt against the lower part of the wing as support.

The weight isn't really an issue with the sword.  More just making sure it's properly in the groove.  I don't really have that issue with the Strike Freedom either.  It seems to hold it's Beam Sabers fine.  I kinda wish I had the Full Burst Mode of that, just for the DRAGOON stands.  LoL, ah well.

Well, doesn't look like dashing at all to me. More like just standing in the air. I'd at least pull a knee forwards or something like that and bend the joint of the stand forwards somewhat for a more dynamic pose. Oh, and you've missed to put the beam rifle on the backskirt. It can be tricky to put the kit on the stand with the rifle attached to the back, but with a little effort, it does work.

Yeah, I know.  As I said, it was 4AM when I finally finished, so I just did a basic pose.  When it goes up on the shelf after I rearrange the models (I'm not looking forward to that), I'll pose it better after I find a good pic of it dashing.  As for the Beam Rifle, it kept hitting the Wing Pieces, so I kept it off for the time being.  It'll be going back on after proper posing.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: January 03, 2009, 09:59:10 PM
I don't really have that issue with the Strike Freedom either.  It seems to hold it's Beam Sabers fine. 

When I mentioned Strike Freedom, I was refering to it holding it's beam RIFLES, not the sabers, these are just fine. The rifles are a different story. The rifles are too heavy for the hands or the pegs aren't deep enough. Usually they will fall out if you accidently hit the shelf or whatever you have the model on, at least I've heard this story a dozen times on /m/ and such. My own model as that issue in a different way. The only rifle which will fall out of my SF's hands is the left one. Dunno, but it will fall out of either hand if there's a little vibration or something, while the other rifle is fine in both hands. This is rather annoying, since on my display shelf, it's holding the combined rifle in the right hand and the left rifle is the holding part.

Anyway, looking forward to pics of your Infinite Justice. I just don't get why Bandai gave the Strike Freedom and Destiny kits their own custom stands, yet didn't include one on this Gundam, especially since Athrun was actually more important to SEED DESTINY than Kira was >>

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: January 03, 2009, 11:06:27 PM
When I mentioned Strike Freedom, I was refering to it holding it's beam RIFLES, not the sabers, these are just fine. The rifles are a different story. The rifles are too heavy for the hands or the pegs aren't deep enough. Usually they will fall out if you accidently hit the shelf or whatever you have the model on, at least I've heard this story a dozen times on /m/ and such. My own model as that issue in a different way. The only rifle which will fall out of my SF's hands is the left one. Dunno, but it will fall out of either hand if there's a little vibration or something, while the other rifle is fine in both hands. This is rather annoying, since on my display shelf, it's holding the combined rifle in the right hand and the left rifle is the holding part.

Anyway, looking forward to pics of your Infinite Justice. I just don't get why Bandai gave the Strike Freedom and Destiny kits their own custom stands, yet didn't include one on this Gundam, especially since Athrun was actually more important to SEED DESTINY than Kira was >>

Well, you managed to peek my curiosity, since I've never actually had the Strike Freedom hold the Beam Rifles.  After changing the pose, my Strike Freedom has no problem holding the Rifles at all.  However, I did paint all the joints and stuff Gold, so that could've helped with making the joints stronger and sturdier, along with making the peg on the palm fit better.  Man, that paint job took a while to do.  LoL, and THEN they come out with the shinier Full Burst Mode.  Damn Bandai!  XD

And yeah, I'll definitely take some pics of the Justice when I get it built.  I also just put the Destiny in a much better Dashing pose that I'm happy with that I'll take pics off once my Camera Battery recharges.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: January 03, 2009, 11:15:36 PM
However, I did paint all the joints and stuff Gold, so that could've helped with making the joints stronger and sturdier, along with making the peg on the palm fit better.  Man, that paint job took a while to do.

How exactly did you paint it? Airbrush? Markers?

LoL, and THEN they come out with the shinier Full Burst Mode.  Damn Bandai!  XD

Well, I'm not entirely sure about the gold on the Full Burst Mode. I've heard conflicting stories about it. The regular SF MG just has matt plastic gold for the interframe and not the reflecting gold like the old Hyaku-Shiki Master Grade or both the 1/144 and 1/100 Akatsuki Gundam. What I heard was that the FBM version has mostly the same plain plastic gold for the inner frame but that there's some parts which actually have a better gold exterior, that is, on all the joints which are visible while the armor is put on (Fingers, knee and elbow joints). I've heard the same about the Destiny EXM, except silver here. It's a bit difficult to see on your picture, but is that true?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 03, 2009, 11:29:15 PM
How exactly did you paint it? Airbrush? Markers?

Gundam Markers.  I'd so love to get into Airbrushing, but it's costly and I'm not that skilled yet.  Maybe when I eventually get my own house and set up my hobby room I can.  Until then though, cheap Gundam Markers will have to do!  XD

Actually though, I really do love the Gundam Markers.  They make them look nicer, like the Gold on the Strike Freedom.  They also made the Tallgeese and Tallgeese II possible, which I was very happy about.

Well, I'm not entirely sure about the gold on the Full Burst Mode. I've heard conflicting stories about it. The regular SF MG just has matt plastic gold for the interframe and not the reflecting gold like the old Hyaku-Shiki Master Grade or both the 1/144 and 1/100 Akatsuki Gundam. What I heard was that the FBM version has mostly the same plain plastic gold for the inner frame but that there's some parts which actually have a better gold exterior, that is, on all the joints which are visible while the armor is put on (Fingers, knee and elbow joints). I've heard the same about the Destiny EXM, except silver here. It's a bit difficult to see on your picture, but is that true?

Yeah, the reg. Strike Freedom just has the Plastic Gold.  It's why I painted it, so it looks shinier.  However, I do believe that the FB Strike Freedom has the good Reflective Hyaku-Shiki Gold for it's joints.  Yeah, the EBM Destiny indeed does for the shiny Silver for it's joints.  They're not as visible as on the Strike Freedom, but they are there. 

Sigh...LoL, you just reminded me that if the Infinite Justice doesn't have the Shiny Silver Joints...I'm gonna have to paint those as well.   -u-'

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: January 03, 2009, 11:33:49 PM
*sigh* I seriously need to get myself the Extreme Burst Mode Destiny...I screwed up on my normal one so badly, I could as well just take a hammer and smash it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: January 03, 2009, 11:58:44 PM
Well, if you need any encouragement...

That was the best Dashing pose I could do.  I could lean it more forward maybe, but for now I'm happy with it.  I also put the shield back on.  However, with the Stand positioned and leaning that way, I could not get the Beam Rifle on it, so it'll have to stay off.  Maneuvering the arms for the Sword is the trickiest part.  I'd have like to have it over the head more, but I don't think I could get the arms positioned properly for that.

Either way, I do highly recommend this to you.  You should pick it up.  The Wings of Light really do make the Model that much more better.  I'd say go for it, if you can get it.

I do hope they eventually make the Akatsuki & Legend in 1/00 MG Models one day. 

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:38 AM
However, with the Stand positioned and leaning that way, I could not get the Beam Rifle on it, so it'll have to stay off.

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

It's possible, but that holder, as you can see, doesn't fit perfectly anymore, but it's still secure enough to prevent it from shaking around or falling off. And why exactly do you use the stand in the reversed way?

Either way, I do highly recommend this to you.  You should pick it up.  The Wings of Light really do make the Model that much more better.  I'd say go for it, if you can get it.

I originally wanted to get both Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode and Destiny Extreme Burst Mode, but they were on backorder and I decided I simply couldn't wait. But I guess it was good I didn't wait, since now I know better how the kits work, the inner mechanics and stuff, so I can be more careful when I order them again. I also need to clean the parts BEFORE putting them together. Gotta get myself a set of Gundam Markers and maybe some sandpaper.

I do hope they eventually make the Akatsuki & Legend in 1/00 MG Models one day.

So do I, but they didn't even bother making a Justice Master Grade, so I'm kinda baffled they did Infinite Justice now. Also would love to see a MG Providence.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: January 04, 2009, 08:35:41 AM
It's possible, but that holder, as you can see, doesn't fit perfectly anymore, but it's still secure enough to prevent it from shaking around or falling off. And why exactly do you use the stand in the reversed way?

It's possible if I stand it straight upright, like yours yes.  However, to get the dashing pose, my hinge is tilted forward.  When it tilts like that, the hinge hits the back of the waist exactly, and the Beam Rifle can't fit on it.  Regarding the reversed stand, meh I'm too lazy to unscrew it and fix it, so it's fine!  XD

I originally wanted to get both Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode and Destiny Extreme Burst Mode, but they were on backorder and I decided I simply couldn't wait. But I guess it was good I didn't wait, since now I know better how the kits work, the inner mechanics and stuff, so I can be more careful when I order them again. I also need to clean the parts BEFORE putting them together. Gotta get myself a set of Gundam Markers and maybe some sandpaper.

So do I, but they didn't even bother making a Justice Master Grade, so I'm kinda baffled they did Infinite Justice now. Also would love to see a MG Providence.

I still say you should get an Ultra Fine Point Permanent Black Marker to fill in all the little nooks and crannies throughout the model.  It really makes it look a lot more detailed.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:54 AM
Do I spy X7 behind your new model PB?

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: January 04, 2009, 09:40:54 AM
Do I spy X7 behind your new model PB?

Yep.  It serves it's primary function of sitting on it's shelf for the collection.  Much like Godzilla's Revenge.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: January 04, 2009, 11:23:22 AM
Regarding the reversed stand, meh I'm too lazy to unscrew it and fix it, so it's fine!  XD

Wait, you screwed that thing all the way to the end? I still left enough room so it's secure, yet can still be moved manually without disassembling the entire thing. Also, you don't even need to unscrew it, just pull out the holder and turn it 180 degrees.

I still say you should get an Ultra Fine Point Permanent Black Marker to fill in all the little nooks and crannies throughout the model.  It really makes it look a lot more detailed.

I heard from a lot of people that black is too noticable against white and that you should use a dark gray marker instead.