• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2651 on: December 30, 2012, 06:21:55 AM
Maybe he can make 2 poptarts and 4 sunny-side-up eggs. 8D
whoa whoa whoa let's not get crazy here

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2652 on: December 31, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
Heh. XD

I've seen quite a few redlines of Ken Penders's "The Lara-Su Chronicles" designs, but no side-by-side comparisons of those and their Archie counterparts. So I started with the one with the least amount of bionics, Lara-Su.

I tried to make as few alterations to both Laras as possible (no boobs because monotremes); since I'm not too fond of hair on Mobians like hedgehogs and echidnas (at least, hair that's a different colour to the base), I attempted to make theirs look more like dyed fur.

Also wasn't sure which version of Archie!Lara to draw; settled on her Dark Mobius/Jani-Ca incarnation.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2653 on: December 31, 2012, 03:57:47 AM
I figured most mobians would be wearing wigs, but given Penders being a crybaby and all that.. eh. One reason why I gave up reading Sonic the Hedgehog Archie.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2654 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:34 AM
Thinking about it, it might have been due to 1) furry/cartoony-animal styles from the time, and 2) a lack of game-examples.

So now that the collab itself is up ( http://rockman.egloos.com/356983 ), I think I can safely post this.

As some of you know, I wanted to draw Fan, but it was decided that only characters from games made by Capcom would be allowed (I still don't know why), and so I had to settle for Sheepman. Decided to go for a dynamic pose that stayed within the restraints the project heads specified.

Making this transparent (another requirement) was a bit annoying, as my copy of SAI doesn't have the option for it; I had to manually erase the white BG in Photoshop.

As annoyed as I was that Fan got rejected, Sheepy's fun to draw. :) Baaa.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2655 on: December 31, 2012, 09:41:30 AM
That's an adorable SheepMan!  :V

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2656 on: December 31, 2012, 09:49:33 AM
Sheep Man toned up. 8D

But so darn cute!!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2657 on: December 31, 2012, 10:16:04 AM
Thinking about it, it might have been due to 1) furry/cartoony-animal styles from the time, and 2) a lack of game-examples.

I'm going to hug him.  I'm not sure when I'm going to stop.

[five minutes of electro-shock therapy later]

O-kay-I-think-I've-had-e-nough-now.  Thank-you.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2658 on: January 01, 2013, 06:40:50 AM
Heh. XD;

Over in Old StS, the afterlife was its own Zone (simply called Purgatory, I think), and it was run/guarded by a silver-haired human named Tobias. In New StS, the Quiet Zone is presided over by a Mobian death's head moth, Atropos the Endless, and she's...well.

Atropos is a sociopath, and assuming she didn't always have the job, likely took it so that she could torment the Quiet Zone's residents. Perhaps not coincidentally, nobody's been able to move on in a long time.

One of several pics I completed at the last minute; my arm feels like it's about to fall off. >.<

Behind Atropos are Tristian, Graile, Karen, and Sigma, all in Quiet Zone attire (which is mostly "musty robes and bits of cloth").

Proto would definitely enjoy working with someone who looked like an actual threat.

~Rinkusu001's sexy!Robotnik (AoStH variety) is definitely what I'd imagine his RS counterpart would be like (same goes for their renditions of Scratch and Grounder). And while I like the original designs just fine, Proto wouldn't be able to hang on to his sanity long enough to be of much help to them.

Because I was too short on time to attempt colouring this. (Feel free to colour it yourself if you want to, and correct any embarrassing mistakes I made)

Story goes that I had another Chaotix group pic, but wasn't liking how it was turning out, so I started this, then procrastinated on finishing it until tonight.

(And it was only after I was done with it did I realize I forgot Heavy and Bomb. GRAH.)

Knux leads the Chaotix when he's not with the NFF; otherwise, leadership duties are taken care of by either Vector or Julie-Su.

* One Old StS document stated that Tekno, Bark, and Bean were members; this has been dropped for the time being.

* Considered adding Nack as a reference to Sonic the Comic, but it fell through as I don't think he would ever work with them, at least not full-time.

"I'm sure things'll get better before long..."

"That's what I thought last year."

Completed just in time for the new year. (And there appear to be nine pages left)

* The kangaroo and two birds were made in ~gen8's Furry Dollmaker(s), with details tweaked outside of it.

* Speaking of tweaking, this is where I redesign the "other three Babylon Rogues". Which in the girls' case, mostly involved making them distinct from Wave.

* I'm fairly certain Pyjamas is a sheep dog; the species of the StC exclusives isn't always easy to pin down. Her redesign mostly amounted to "visible ears".

* Super Honey's colouration was lifted from her (would-be?) alt colour.

* Super Sally's, meanwhile, might've been inspired by other Super Sallies I've seen floating around dA.

* With any luck, I'll go more into detail on Alderaan later; for now, I'll say that it's based on Sonic and the Black Knight, and set in a somewhat-surreal version of modern-day UK.

* Every now and then, Sonic has to wonder where Nails is getting those gems.

* Awful pun is awful. Next doodle.

* What would Rokkustuki's dreams be like, I wonder?

* Those are some nice jerseys you got there, kids.

* Another of Tempo's concept colour schemes gave her pink hair; I think the idea was to make her seem kinda other-worldly, as a visual indication that something was off?

* Jazwares has what they call the "Super Pack", and in most releases, the cyan emerald is replaced with an orange one. *Cylent-Nite suggested that it could be (in the context of StS) Tails's fake emerald, post-Biolizard corruption.

* Betty Butterfly, who only appeared in StH #9, was totally non-morphic aside from her face; I tried to keep as many elements of the original design in her overhaul as I could.

* Various echidnas that I don't draw much (either from the mid-00s or now). Of all of them, only Gala-Na was redesigned (slightly; her long hair became long dreads), along with maybe Lien-Da (she's had that cape before, just not with that outfit. I think)

* I kinda forgot to shade Len and Ana's fur. Whoops.

* Fini-Jak's design was based off the previous Enerjaks seen in the comics; the colours might need adjusting.

* And finally, Uncle Chuck in a suit.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2659 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:48 AM
Sexy AoStH Robotnik?
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2660 on: January 01, 2013, 07:05:23 AM
Absorb those echidna designs while you can, 'cuz the crybaby is gonna strike soon~

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2661 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:45 AM
Sexy AoStH Robotnik?
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

Well, he IS "the world's sexiest fat man"...

First art of 2013!

I wanted to submit at least one new thing before my next two uploads (which are from last year, one completed yesterday), and this was what came to mind.

Honeywoman's days are probably fairly busy and with very few exceptions, she encourages others to follow suit.

Drawn last year and sat on my computer for a while.

Megaman has no idea how to take care of babies (even robot babies), and so hoped Ranay would take Newman (the kid) in, since she strongly cares for Robot Masters and Newman is technically an RM. That plan ended up falling through.

2012 art, completed yesterday. The first half is a bit sloppier than usual because my arm was about ready to contort into unnatural angles.

Premise is that Rock and adult!Ranay offered to look after each others' kids (well, Trill and Trino aren't really Rock's progeny, but). It turned out to not be that great of an idea.

* The blonde boy is Topman Jr., who belongs to ~Greasiggy. I didn't find any helmetless refs until after I'd inked and coloured Rock's half, so I tried to make Top Jr. look a bit like his mom (since Pivot takes after her dad more).

* From the looks of it, whatever Trino is asking Ranay (who becomes a kindergarten teacher later on, I think) is not a question she was prepared for. (Nothing dirty or violent, though.)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2662 on: January 02, 2013, 12:33:28 AM
Given Newman is one of those characters (I.E. being based off on how suddenly robots have the ability to reproduce on their own, I can see why since the universe outside of Rock's Modern Life is so damn vauge), that's a bit of an understatement.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2663 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:02 AM
Well, he IS "the world's sexiest fat man"...
Fair enough.

Also, kids. XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2664 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:16 AM
(I.E. being based off on how suddenly robots have the ability to reproduce on their own, I can see why since the universe outside of Rock's Modern Life is so damn vauge),

If you mean "robots can build other robots and 'build' is not a metaphor", then yeah.

Ye gods, this thing was a nightmare to scan; the paper was just too large for the scanner and no matter which way I turned it, bits kept getting cut off. The final pic still doesn't have all of the art in frame, but after countless attempts to get the individual scans lines up (on the final one, I got lucky), I didn't really care to fix that. I can spend only so much time on a pic, you know.

This here is a visual list of most of/all the Super transformations planned for StS. By "transformations" I mean ones that the characters depicted cannot achieve without outside help (usually the Chaos Emeralds), hence the absence of people like Saku Seeno/Mephiles.

* The Flickies accompanying Super Tails are the ones from the artwork for Sonic 3D Blast; not yet sure if they're actual Flickies, or Chaos-made copies of ones that made physical contact with the Super Emeralds (given that they appear whenever Tails goes Super, at least until after SA/SA2, probably the latter).

I also miscoloured Tails's shirt white, but that's probably for the best.

* As a Guardian of the Master Emerald, Knux can skip straight from Super to Hyper after undergoing the latter transformation once.

* Super Amy's meant to be white with a pink tint.

* Speaking of white, StS!Super Shadow has gone back to the white/champagne he was in SA2 (not SA2B), in order to better contrast with Super Rouge (and his own jacket), and to diversify the Super forms a bit more.

* The colours an Adept changes can be influenced by their element, as (maybe) demonstrated by Super Rouge.

* StS!Super Cream was always pink, but I can't remember if her eyes turned green back then, too.

* Yes, humans can go Super too. The only real requirement is that you be over a certain age (Word of God says game-Tails needed the Super Emeralds due to his age), it seems.

* Super Gamma is meant to be a lighter shade of blue than Delta.

* The Sol Emeralds are only compatible with people from Sol, and it's currently undecided if, on top of that, they only transform Adepts. It's clear that the transformation is heavily influenced by their element, as seen with Burning Blaze.

* It's not visible here, but Aqueous Marine's shadow becomes a puddle of water. (Her design might need tweaking)

* Why didn't I use Cosmo's transformation from Sonic X, you might be wondering? IIRC all she had to do was remove the gem from her dress; the one in this pic is Emerald-powered, though I did consider modifying her canon "Super" form slightly. The colours are directly lifted from some pics of Cosmo by Cyberhomer for Planete-Sonic, one of the first Sonic sites I ever visited.

* Super Sonya's ponytail doesn't become a literal stream of fire; it's mostly a visual effect. Her already-lethal Fire Adept powers are magnified to incredible lengths.

* With a distinct lack of Anarchy Beryl on Mobius, why does Super Scourge (and Super Electra, last row) still have terrifying black sclera? Answer: he's burdened with so much prickly rage that his Super form was "scarred" by it; all subsequent transformations will look like that even if he mellows out later.

* Maria was already blonde, so Super Maria becomes a white-haired pretty girl (or Lady Amalthea).

* The Chaotix undergo slightly more physical "mutations" and clothing changes than usual (at least, Team Chaotix does), as a possible side-effect of their motives (should note that :devcylent-nite helped out with that).

* Charmy's attire was based off of that of the other bees in his hive from StC; he is a prince, after all. (He was supposed to be angry at Electra, but he looks more scared than anything else. Can't blame him)

* Everything on Espio (barring his muzzle) inverts.

* Vector becomes a bit more dragon-like, to mirror his Fire Adept powers (ironically, he's not an "active" Adept and mostly sticks to belching fireballs); the chain around his neck temporarily breaks.

* With all respect to his pal Sonic, Mighty doesn't like being blue (which incidentally is a nod to his similarities to Sonic).

* Julie-Su and Saffron aren't pleased with getting so little space.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2665 on: January 04, 2013, 11:38:55 AM
I kinda like how you've drawn Burning Blaze's sleeves, good job on the colors too >w<. Super Big, love how catchy his name came out. 8)

Fear me.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2666 on: January 04, 2013, 10:38:41 PM
Half of these "supers" don't get much physical change as do others. What's the bonus other than enchanced abilities for these characters anyway?

Not like Gaia gets a new form from absorbing the Time Stones, which leads to Gaia R and gets a major face lift, after all..

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2667 on: January 12, 2013, 06:31:59 PM
I kinda like how you've drawn Burning Blaze's sleeves, good job on the colors too >w<. Super Big, love how catchy his name came out. 8)

Thanks. :)

Half of these "supers" don't get much physical change as do others. What's the bonus other than enchanced abilities for these characters anyway?

About whatever bonuses the characters who go super get in canon, I guess.

I don't think I've talked about it much, but I'm a fan of Exterminatus Now (been reading it since around when it began in 2003, maybe a little later), and I've been wanting to draw something related to it. So with a still from the OVA(?) Dead Leaves in mind (note that I didn't have the image in hand), I drew some wonky perspective and guns. Oh, and Lother Hex and Bunnie Rabbot.

Figured it'd be appropriate as both characters are half-robotic (albeit their metal parts were acquired in different ways), though it should be noted that StS!Bunnie doesn't use guns as often (I was actually considering StS!'Twan before remembering that he's completely organic).

I can't imagine she'd enjoy working with Lothar, to be honest.

* Background effect achieved by erasing an all-black layer. I might use this technique on other pics that have smoke or steam against a black background.

Posted on: January 07, 2013, 08:24:10 AM

Story here.

Posted on: January 09, 2013, 09:09:23 AM

I still like me some Sonic/Klonoa crossovers.

No matter the reason why Klonoa was on Mobius, if Sonic met him, he'd be willing to help.

Coloured with BiC, Letraset, and COPIC markers, after determining that they would on the index cards I was using. Somewhere in the sketching stages I got the idea to imply that this takes place after Unleashed (though I didn't get a ref of Chip's collar until later).

Which one of them actually ordered that sundae, I wonder?

So Tails/Barby used to be a thing in the Archie comic, way back when--and given that Barby is much older than Tails, I'm surprised that I didn't even know that pairing existed until late last year.

I don't really ship it myself, but I guess they're kinda cute together, aesthetically at least. I'm certainly not going to pester Ian to bring it back, though, as he's made it very clear that there will be no interspecies shotacon on his watch. (Or lolicon in the context of this pic, but...Barby probably just didn't hear Tails sit down next to her)

The swirly effect in the background was a consequence of trying to leave a circle of white space behind Tails and Barby and not being able to center it properly. It's also been ages since I drew Barby, assuming I ever drew her or the Downunda fellows back in the mid-00s at all.

Starring 11-year-old Sonic and Amy Rose, and 4-year-old Tails. (Yes, this pertains to StS)

I didn't lay everyone out quite the way I wanted, but hopefully everything still flows well enough.

In StS, Sonic and Amy form this team not too long after meeting Tails; Knux is still more of an aloof ally than a teammate. The pic itself was mostly an excuse to draw their Classic selves (especially Amy, whose tuft of hair I couldn't quite get right until now).

There's a bit of real-life back story here: We have a ton of squirrels scampering about our subdivision, and our family has a few pecan trees on our property. The squirrels invariably eat 99% of the pecans every year (sometimes breaking off a branch full of them), much to my parents' annoyance.

Pic-wise, Sally probably doesn't appreciate the competition; unfortunately, her chances of reaping a bountiful pecan harvest are about as good as ours.

Combination of BiC, Letraset, and Copics; I gave Nicole her "casual" outfit here as I hadn't drawn it much/at all (and I think it's cute and goes well with Sally's potential redesign).

Welp, this can't be good.

Finitevus-as-Enerjak is a concept I've been playing around with (remember those felt pen doodles of Knuxerjak somewhere in my scraps? This would take place after that); circumstances in StS would make that transformation a highly unpleasant one for him (in short, both Chaos and Order energy was involved and Enerjak is entirely the former). So with any luck I've properly reflected that here.

Design was based on previous Enerjaks seen in the comic (both normal run and Universe), and Fini's own getup.

Posted on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:55 AM
Sketchy concepts:

King Silver and Queen Blaze.
Parmesan, Cream's dad.
Rerem and Graile (Knux's parents).
Significant Empire mooks.
Maria Robotnik.

Also, an old picture of Sonic/Blaze.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2668 on: January 13, 2013, 06:51:38 AM
Bunnie really needs to get her cybernetics back in the comics.  She was just so much cooler with them, and she had more power.  I don't care how she gets them back, really.  Any flimsy excuse will do.  But, she needs them back.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2669 on: January 17, 2013, 04:05:21 AM
I like half-robot Bunnie, too, but--I think that going back to the status quo would make a total wash out of whatever story Ian's been telling with her so far (if that makes any sense). Fully-organic Bunnie's got a lot of potential.

Looks like we've reached a(nother) milestone.

* While I may not use *thweatted's design, I do want Madonna to remain a resident of Sol (as the only known human Solian, depending on your fanon, is Eggman Nega).

* Those two concepts of Commando's and Chill's go well together, IMO. (Colours may be off as we don't have any clean R25 scans yet)

* Brandt the Manul (fat ball of rage pallas cat) was originally an echidna, until I realized that Knux's supporting cast needed fewer echidnas. In StS, Brandt was the last "traditional" Guardian before the job's focus shifted entirely to the Master Emerald.

* For the longest time, I thought Sonic 06 contained a Black Emerald--nope, it was just the Violet Emerald; the graphics engine and my eyes were playing tricks on me.

* Duality!Miles and Milen aren't sure what to make of each other.

* Really not sure about Fanny's colour scheme.

* Ant is holding one of the few guns I've drawn that doesn't look like total [parasitic bomb].

* For some reason, I imagine that after his free will was restored, StS!Chuck would primarily work with Bunnie and 'Twan.

* Yes, one of Luka's armours is a robot pimp coat.

* Bossa Nova, in a rare moment of not smoking.

* StS!Nega, unlike Eggman, still freely uses the roboticizer. (Also I think I got Metal/Mecha Scourge's shoulders wrong)

* Took that old joke doodle of Skydancer Rock and tried to do something semi-serious with the concept.

* I honestly can't tell if Carrotia has blue fur or just blue eye shadow, but colouring her pinkish would make her too similar to Cream and Vanilla. (Speaking of similar, she has offspring in StS--one of Sonic's many unused designs)

* In hindsight, Rerem probably looks a bit too young/not worn out enough.

* Despite the two of them being assholes, I don't think RS-Proto would get along with Spider Jerusalem.

* There's been a TON of backlash over New Sally's lack of cheek fluff (so much that I wonder if she'll receive a last-minute tweaking to include them again). While I don't mind the idea of Sally having them, the ones I gave New Sally don't seem to work for her.

* Betilla's Rayman 1 design is...very different from her Origins one (and her scrapped 2D Rayman 2 design).

* I started a thread over on Bumbleking about various concepts of Jon Gray's (primarily for Finitevus, as the Mobius Encyclopedia has a text description of his beta design but no images) that were on his site before its implosion. He once had a third eye, bringing him up from "creepy" to "pants-shittingly terrifying" (which is the reason the Encyclopedia gives as to its removal, though it seems that officially, the concept of it was owned by someone else).

* I dunno if Evil Blaze there was related to Evil Cosmo, but either way, I've put them side-by-side for comparison.

* Short-haired Roll is cute.

* Thrash probably hasn't undergone enough body horror to be a true Noise Marine, but the idea of him being one made sense to me.

* On more than one occasion, Fini has been called a ripoff of StC's Dr. Zachary. So I thought it'd be interesting if StS!Zachary was Fini's dad.

* StS!Vanilla (and by extension, her family) being Christian is something I've been toying around with, though it's not a prominent part of her character.

* StS!Tikal was sealed into the Master Emerald in 1994, so I looked up some mid-90s fashion (since I don't think she'd wear her old tribal getup all the time).

Posted on: January 14, 2013, 12:05:38 AM

Careful how you hug your "nephew", Bunnie.

Combined ~AnubiTheFrog's outfit for Bunnie with ~Hayzer62's hairstyle and lack of mask(?). I'd say that the pic itself was a semi-quick doodle thing, but that would just be a mass of lies.

'tis another outfit swap, kinda. If Bunnie ever gets that outfit Antoine's wearing, it'd probably have a different colour scheme.

Why the long face, 'Twan? You make a very fine cowboy.

Posted on: January 16, 2013, 02:30:00 AM

I dunno what kind of relationship Kaitlin X and Iris had, but I'd like to think that if the latter survived, this would've happened.

Bad enough that Colonel (Kaitlin's love interest and Iris's brother) is dead; the Hunters would probably give the two endless amounts of flack for mourning him, for he was probably well aware of how many people would die as a result of his honour-based stupidity (not to mention, Iris tried to kill/beat the liquid center out of Zero). So yeah, they're not happy.

Drawn after my next upload (since my next upload looks better and I wanted to save it for last). Posting things out of chronological order is fun! (Except when it isn't.)

I'm not sure exactly how much confusion over Antoine's species there was in the early days, but it seems a lot of people settled on "fox" (probably helped by an early issue of Archie-Sonic that jokingly suggested that Tails's extra tail was Antoine's, implying that he was a fox). Heck, even I'm not sure if he had a defined species before Archie stated that he was a coyote.

At any rate, have some wonky back-view anatomy.

StS!'Twan's in his field outfit here, to clarify.

More StS/Exterminatus Now guff. This took several hours, though how much of that time was spent actually drawing and how much was spent walking around my room, I'll never know.

And yep, it's more interaction between Bunnie and Lothar (and this time Loth's completely in frame). I really need to draw the other three guys someday.

Now--I say "EN", but this has a bit more to do with the pre-comic "The Grim Darkness" stuff (which the authors consider an old shame, but I'm a huge dork who's interested in prototype material and the like...plus, I found the comic via the now-defunct Perfectly Chaotic, which had some GD material), mainly Lothar's pre-comic back story and how robotization was said to have worked.

It's VERY unlikely that any EN characters will appear in StS, but that didn't stop me from thinking some things over. (Possible spoilers for "Robotropolis" ahead? Though, the very title indicates that things like Bunnie escaping with her life are a foregone conclusion...)

Basically, while Bunnie was partially-roboticized the "traditional" way, Lothar became the test subject for a much slower alternate process, involving being drip-fed a daemonic substance resembling liquid mercury that gradually transmogrifies flesh and blood to steel. His body rejected the stuff and so only his arms and legs were turned to metal; the whole thing was deemed to be grossly impractical and Lothar's half-dead body was tossed somewhere into the depths of the city where he wasn't likely to be found. And indeed, no one found him until he'd stumbled a ways away from that place.

Lothar would soon take his new robotic limbs in stride, whilst Bunnie...if StS!Bunnie ever does, it'll be long after the fact. If Lothar stayed in Knothole long enough to get to know her, this would undoubtedly lead to some conflict.

Pic itself: I tried to make them both look tired, as there's quite a bit of distance between Mobotropolis and Knothole; also gave their metal bits some reflections, which I usually don't colour on metal because I'm lazy.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2670 on: January 17, 2013, 04:51:23 AM
With that kind of a tail, he's still canine in species. Part of a small dog breed perhaps? (I'm calling chihuahua because of the ears)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2671 on: January 17, 2013, 04:54:30 AM
Eggman Nega and Metal Scourge. How come Sega hasnt used that yet?

Luka's pimp suit looks really...spiffy. Did they ever tell the name of the armor?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2672 on: January 20, 2013, 05:11:00 AM
Not that I'm aware; I dunno if any of the armours have names.

Commission for ~lizardman234, of his boxers Lisa Berry and Terra the Dingo. The idea is that these two have been fighting for a long time (about 12-15 rounds?) and Terra has managed to down Lisa, though she's not in great shape herself.

Hopefully Lisa's anatomy is acceptable, as I drew her from an angle I usually don't draw. Pic itself was based on one by Makokola(?), viewable via their site: [link] .

Posted on: January 17, 2013, 08:15:33 PM

Another commission from ~lizardman234; looks like Lisa wasn't down for the count after all.

The biggest challenge here was making it look sufficiently dynamic (because fight scenes aren't things I draw regularly anymore); with any luck, I've succeeded.

Posted on: January 18, 2013, 06:01:43 PM

Malachi has existed since at least 2006 (albeit with an overhaul); Micah is much, much more recent.

These two are part of a council for a very small echidna tribe whose distinguishing trait is their unusual dreadlock styles (influenced by a sketch of *MeltyMole's). If you're guilty of a crime and happen to be in the neighborhood, they'll put you on trial regardless of whether or not you're in their jurisdiction.

Micah was spawned from a dream I had the other night, the final segment of which involved a hypothetical issue of Archie-StH; Sonic and some friends of his were brought before the council for something. Micah's appearance was fairly close to Dr. Finitevus's--in fact, I'm fairly certain that Fini was disguising himself as Micah as to more easily dispose of the heroes. (There was even a "shot" of Sonic and Micah in the cast-lineup thing Archie does with Fini's back turned to both of them)

Neither Malachi nor Micah (both named for prophets in the Hebrew Bible) have much tolerance for shenanigans, even though going after people outside your jurisdiction is all kinds of iffy.

Wielding it is...not recommended.

One of Karl Boller's planned stories for Archie-StH involved Antoine being possessed by the Sword of Acorns (the Source of All is/was going to be an ally of Ixis Naugus, see) and going over to the dark side for a while. (This would've taken place shortly after Sonic returned from space; keep in mind that the victim was Antoine Prime, not Patch)

The Sword of Acorns isn't quite as dangerous to use in StS (assuming I ever find a way to work it in), but whoever swings it around is still not quite themselves.

Used a couple of ~AnubiTheFrog's pics as reference for the effects, and also used his redesign of the Sword itself.

There was a brief period of time in Archie-StH in which the Freedom Fighters went to school. From what I can tell, it wasn't all that well-received (though I guess the surrealism of watching them go there kinda makes up for it?).

In StS, I think the only member of the NFF still going to school is Chris (Cream's probably homeschooled, Shadow and Rouge graduated, and everyone else just stopped attending). Sonic, Amy, and Knux never go back (or if I change my mind, not for long), but I wanted to draw a group pic and they're the only ones who'd be in the same grade.

Sonic would absolutely hate being stuck in a confined space (confined for him, anyway) for hours on end, even if there wasn't Eggman to worry about. On the plus side, he'd have a perfect 100 in Gym.

Knux's outfit came from an old elouai doll of mine (of human!Knux, but admittedly, the only thing to indicate that was the red hair); Sonic's, from that "Grunge Workout" pic, and Amy's from StC.

If anyone wants to colour this (and add a proper BG), feel free to.

Semi-quick doodle of RS-Rock; wanted to draw him being cute (the sort of thing I have no shortage of, but still).

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2673 on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:39 AM
StS Sword of Acrons is a powerful artifact would be bestowed to the chosen one to help root out all evil once the seven chaos are gathered, at least what I thought up after reading a summary of SD Gundam Sangokuden.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2674 on: January 22, 2013, 08:20:11 AM
Maybe.

Even though she had more beam sabres than brain cells*, I felt kinda bad for Yuri/Wildfire (of Exterminatus Now). Kinda hoping that one day she comes back after realizing where she messed up.

Also, she was never shown as being able to do this in-comic, but I thought the mental image was too amusing not to draw.

* Well, maybe she was more naive than moronic. I got the impression that she was only 14 or so, as opposed to the guys' mid-20s/early-30s (the impression I got, at least. I don't think anyone's age has been explicitly stated yet).

Posted on: January 21, 2013, 04:57:27 AM
SHIELD YOUR EYES, EVERYONE

IT'S A DELUGE OF OLD ART

Super Mina.
Silhouettes of Neo Metal and Sonic.
A Mobian butterfly.
Taking a walk.
Shadow and some Matrix rain.
Ye Gods, my eyes.
Chaos Zero.
Tiara the Hedgehog.
Couple of rabbits.
Miyo the Badger.
Redesign of Sally.
Tron the Rabbit.

Below there be lots of Blaze.

Blaze and the King of Sorrow.
Fake "screencap".
Wrong coat.
Drill hair.
Blaze VS Wave.
Blaze where are your clothes
Kaboom.
Trakker's Blaze.

And now back to our regularly-scheduled new art.

I semi-recently started a thread on Bumbleking asking for some old concepts of ~jongraywb's ("old" as in "when he was first brought onto the comic"), and the other forum members were able to dig something up. Among them was Dubs's (Jon Gray's) preliminary design for Ash the Mongoose, and the first thing that caught my eye were the tattoos on the backs of his hands.

The concept mentioned that all of Ash's tattoos represented something he found meaningful, and assuming I pointed those in the right direction here...

Also got the idea to throw in Mina, Sonia, and Manic. Perhaps in StS they're all followers of Belial, the Almighty Titan of Darkness (who isn't really a Satan analogue. Dominion, the AT of Light, might fit that better by virtue of being a bigger bag of dicks than Belial, but no sane person would worship HIM); despite the religion appearing to be absolutely terrifying to the outsider, these four are all nice guys.

I'd finished colouring everyone earlier, but sat on it for a bit because I couldn't think of a BG and didn't want to leave it just white.

* Manic's design is derived from one ~TheVirusAJG gave him; adjusted his hair to be less all-over-the-place, but still messy.

* Mina's outfit, meanwhile, is from #134, which is also when Ash first appeared (IIRC).

Is Blaze's pose anatomically possible?

'twas going through some old art of mine, specifically to look for some outfits I gave the three girls depicted here (and also draw something semi-dynamic).

Blaze's was actually worn by her fan-made mom Ember, but Ember was so similar in appearance to Blaze that it didn't really matter. It also has part of what is blatantly Saiyan armour--DBZ was a huge influence on me back then--which I deliberately kept because I liked the look of it.

Amy's came from some emo ginjinka drawing; whereas Blaze's was mostly adjusted for colours, Amy's received more physical tweaks (and gained a lower half and cuffs); I guess it's kinda lucky that part of it resembled a tie, and StS's normal outfit contains a tie. Since I'd let down Blaze's hair, I put Amy's up (which I think goes better with what she's wearing, IIRC).

Cream's was mostly unchanged; unlike Blaze and Amy, I didn't really have anything all that impressive for Cream back then (just regular street clothes). The one image I found of her in anything resembling her friends' garb had her rendered in monotone, so I had to make up the colour scheme here; ended up basing it on her normal one.

Let's see...two of them can burn you to the ground with a thought, and the other has a massive hammer. Running sounds good, yes?

(Forgive me if I sound off; I'm about ready to go to bed)