Joseph Collins · 471655

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #975 on: May 05, 2013, 11:14:00 AM
Oh, I ran that comment by another admin and he summed it up as "It's [that admin].  Ignore him."  And I have been doing just that.  Our "problem" admins are the reason Wookieepedia has a really bad reputation.  The entire administrative team isn't evil; the majority of us are really nice and helpful.  But there are the few admins who have been around for a long time who have a really bad attitude and our administrative team is viewed through their actions and their attitudes.  It's something that I've been working hard to change, as we don't deserve that reputation.  It's not something to be proud of.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:12 PM
Are you referring to my "Chalo's art is garbage" or the thing I said about you acting like a baby?

Not like it matters. You are a child, if you took any of that to heart. And how am I a bad person?
Sure I'm not exactly super nice or anything, but then again, I was just stating my opinion of his horrible generic animu furry art.

Just to elaborate on that note, it's Chalo's art. I went through hell trying to upload hundreds of his [parasitic bomb] with my pathetic excuse of a PC. And you have the nerve to say this guy's art sucks. Seriously, he makes good [parasitic bomb] I can only dream of copying. If you can do better, then I'll shut up, but if you fail to provide anything to defend yourself, then I should just ignore you and pretend you don't exist.

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #977 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:28 PM
Just to elaborate on that note, it's Chalo's art. I went through hell trying to upload hundreds of his [parasitic bomb] with my pathetic excuse of a PC. And you have the nerve to say this guy's art sucks. Seriously, he makes good [parasitic bomb] I can only dream of copying. If you can do better, then I'll shut up, but if you fail to provide anything to defend yourself, then I should just ignore you and pretend you don't exist.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: May 06, 2013, 09:18:08 PM

It seems you're not a child after all.

You're just a complete [tornado fang]ing moron.

But okay. Okay. I'll stop the insults for now, and let's get serious here because it looks like you need to be told exactly how it is.

First thing first.

I went through hell trying to upload hundreds of his [parasitic bomb] with my pathetic excuse of a PC. And you have the nerve to say this guy's art sucks.

I'm sorry that you went through such horrid hell to upload his furry art. But then again, no one forced you to do it. Certainly not me. You did out of your own accord. And...

Yes. I have the "nerve". Or rather, I have an "opinion". Feel free to disagree with me. I too draw like poo poo (or should say... kupo?), but in the end, I don't feel like praising everyone who's better than me, because then I would be just a tool. A TOOL. Not everyone who's better than you or me is necessarily a super ultra amazing artist. At the same time, even if they ARE, not everyone has to like and appreciate what YOU like.

Get what I mean?

Seriously, he makes good [parasitic bomb] I can only dream of copying. If you can do better, then I'll shut up, but if you fail to provide anything to defend yourself, then I should just ignore you and pretend you don't exist.

Wait, so if I understand you right, I need to actually be a better artist in order to have a right to voice my opinion about his works?

That's... yeah. I don't even know if I should point out what's wrong with that, because that's just like... so stupid.

Okay fine.

Listen Mr. Moogle. Everyone can voice their opinion on everything. I don't like his art, but I have nothing against him as a person. It's just that I think his art is generic and ugly.
But that doesn't mean, I need to [tornado fang]ing be an amazing, or even better artist than him in order to voice my opinion.

Sure I will admit, I didn't exactly present it too nicely, but then again, it's not like I was claiming it was fact or something. From my point of view, his art is pretty bad, boring and generic animu furry uguu crap.

I really hope this will solve our little shitty discussion. Feel free to pretend I don't exist, if you really want. It's not like it matters anyway, since if my track record of getting into crappy arguments keeps up, I'm [tornado fang]ing packing my bags and leaving on vacation. This time for real.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #979 on: May 06, 2013, 09:21:22 PM
It's not like it matters anyway, since if my track record of getting into crappy arguments keeps up, I'm [tornado fang]ing packing my bags and leaving on vacation. This time for real.

Please no.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #980 on: May 06, 2013, 09:26:58 PM
Please no.
It's just that it feels like I'm generating unncessary "Bad vibes". You know what I mean?

It's upsetting me, really. Because I never thought my comment about furry art would turn into something like this.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: May 06, 2013, 09:29:58 PM
It's upsetting me, really. Because I never thought my comment about furry art would turn into something like this.

I'm on your side at least

also Joseph Collins went into a whole rant because of something stupid so there's that

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:00 PM
It's just that it feels like I'm generating unncessary "Bad vibes". You know what I mean?

I feel ya.

I do that all the time, so I understand.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #983 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:34 PM
I'm on your side at least

also Joseph Collins went into a whole rant because of something stupid so there's that
Ugh please don't remind me about that. :|

Also please don't leave Tron.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:38 PM
Ugh please don't remind me about that. :|

I think we need to make a vow to never mention that... time again.

On another note, somebody should make a worthless post in the Challenges Board so we don't have to see his name all the time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: May 06, 2013, 09:49:59 PM
The weather outside has been confusing this week and now it's raining like nuts. :o

Thank goodness I don't have class today.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: May 06, 2013, 09:51:18 PM
On another note, somebody should make a worthless post in the Challenges Board so we don't have to see his name all the time.

just deleted his post

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:11 PM
Huh I didn't think we exactly had to delete that, then again there probably won't be another challenge for some time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: May 06, 2013, 09:54:19 PM
just deleted his post

The galaxy is at peace.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #989 on: May 06, 2013, 09:58:30 PM
Huh I didn't think we exactly had to delete that, then again there probably won't be another challenge for some time.

No one goes to that board anyway

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #990 on: May 06, 2013, 10:01:53 PM
Very true, I'm not one for video game challenges since I suck at those types of video games.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: May 06, 2013, 10:38:44 PM
No one goes to that board anyway

Its a zombie.

We must kill it.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #992 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:10 AM
Don't go, Khar. Just... don't... :<

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #993 on: May 07, 2013, 07:35:11 AM
Don't leave, Tron.  Not over something as trivial as this.

I'm on your side with this discussion.  We are all entitled to like and dislike whatever artist.  There are artists that people like and I particularly don't like because I find their style bland or generic.  There are artists that I like because their styles are unique, but others don't like because the style is too unique.  I see artists who could really use some work who others tout as gods.  I see artists who are great and are overall ignored by the community.

The thing is, every artist has a style.  And that style will either please an audience or disappoint them.  If people like artists whose work suffers from Sameface Syndrome, then fine.  Let those people like them.  If those people attack you for not liking that artist, ignore them.  What do they know?

I saw the work of a Mass Effect fan artist whose work was touted as being "professional" and "realistic."  Despite the levels of shading, the art was the flattest work I had ever seen.  The work lacked depth and the artist had numerous problems with anatomy and proportion.  And when I had the gall to say something, they raved about how they practiced their coloring technique for years.  Perhaps they should have practiced basic figure drawing and learned to put some mass into their Mass Effect work.

People are going to disagree with you.  It's not the end of the world.  Shrug them off and move on.  You have better things to do with your life than to fall apart over something extremely trivial.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: May 07, 2013, 12:39:17 PM
Just remember, words are words.

In the end, all it takes is just quick wits to kill to survive.

If things were to get that bad (or awesome)...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: May 07, 2013, 02:22:12 PM
The thing is, it's not that I want to leave over this horrible argument alone.

It's just that I seem to generate more and more stupid drama.

But in reality, I don't want to leave, but if this keeps up I'll really go on vacation. Not permament, but yeah.

However, to remedy this... I'll try to hold off sometimes on posting in my usual manner. Perhaps it's just that I often post in a way many could (rightfully so) consider rude.

And I totally wrote just now "nude" instead of "rude" there. Holy [parasitic bomb]. Good thing I've noticed it.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:28 PM
Well, if anything, it doesn't hurt to make it clear that whenever you mention your opinion on whichever matter or substance or event.  It is indeed, your opinion.

Sometimes that small clarity helps.  Even in a workplace where cooks are just egotists, but ah well, the more work they give me, the more money i'm honestly getting (and beer that is so stupidly easy to steal.  Horrible security I tell ya.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: May 07, 2013, 07:32:41 PM
Well, if anything, it doesn't hurt to make it clear that whenever you mention your opinion on whichever matter or substance or event.  It is indeed, your opinion.

There should be no need to "make it clear". It's common sense.

But I almost forgot this is the internet.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #998 on: May 07, 2013, 08:22:26 PM
Hm, true hehe.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:31 PM
Just to add in my two cents, I gotta say people on this forum hold onto the whole "it's opinion" argument like a crutch. Sure it's opinion, but if you share it in a rude manner, people are still gonna get upset.