The Gonzo has art.

The Great Gonzo · 777896

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #500 on: May 06, 2009, 03:15:53 AM
 :D

I'll have something in a minute, but for now I have a question that I don't feel warrants a new thread: How can Tsukasa and Hikaru Wave Change in RnR2 when Gemini's dead? Is it the same deal with Luna and Bud (the FMians somehow remaining in their subconscious or whatever Hyde was getting at)?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #501 on: May 06, 2009, 04:28:38 AM
Good question. I wondered that as well.
... Oh Zaaaaan!~

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #502 on: May 06, 2009, 05:05:25 AM

"MegaMagic" orginally began as some sketches done at school of an alternate Megaman that practiced magic (basically). The idea sat for a long time, until I flipped through some old Amiga/C64 magazines and was inspired to work on it again.

The story isn't very well-formed, but here's the gist: There is a planet with one super-continent, Tier, and one the size of Australia, Benzin. (guess the earth's crust doesn't move around too much). Likewise, there are two kinds of people: those who practice magic and those who either don't or condemn it. The former live on Benzin, the latter on Tier (and perhaps tellingly, many of Benzin's inhabitants were banished from Tier's).

While those who condemn magic are relatively few, they exercise a great deal of power and keep everyone else in check (and Benzinites out). Their excuse is that magic would only be used to harm people, though it falls flat when one notes that there are few kinds of offensive magic, and they are difficult to master.

The landscape of Tier is extraordinary, with many looping rock formations, dreamlike mountain ranges, and the like, while Benzin is mostly forest. Both continents are home to deadly creatures, with Tier's being reptilian and Benzin's mammalian. Unfortunately for Tier's people, Benzin's monsters are content to leave the people alone unless provoked.

While Tier has its scaly monsters, Benzin has the dark wizard Wily, whose atrocities have been well-documented--but not his location. It seems that Wily's castle is never in one place for long, leaving the Benzinites at a loss at how to deal with him. For now, he seems to have vanished, and the people have more or less returned to their daily lives, but always filled with dread that he or one of his minions could suddenly appear.

Tier merely has the King, a staunch opponent of magic. While competent with certain domestic affairs, the Tierites agree that he has no idea how to deal with the aggressive monsters.

One Benzinite, a wizard named Thomas X. Light, lives deep in a village located in a secluded region of Benzin with a few other people and his two students, Rock and Tenor. While Rock is fairly enthusiastic about learning proper magic, Tenor simply wants to use it to make her work at home easier. Their styles are separate--Rock uses a rather poorly-constructed staff to channel magic, while Tenor simply uses her hands. She's already skilled in levitation, while Rock lags behind in that area and fears that he isn't up to the task (levitation is the easiest type of magic and the first that students are taught).

Back on Tier there is exactly one magic user, and he is Zero, a knight serving under one of the King's bishops. He pretends not to practice it so that the King doesn't banish him or worse, but primarily do that he can go about his other duties separate from those given to him by the bishop. Zero's preferred tactic is to transform into a swan and spy on targets, then report back or attack.

It's safe to say that Benzin was far readier for Wily's return than Tier...

If this ever got made, I'd imagine it'd be an Amiga game that played like classic Megaman, with the robotic themes replaced with woodland/Roger Dean painting themes (because his works are the [parasitic bomb]), and the RMs with Wily's various lesser dark wizards. Four of the bosses would be posted in Benzin, the other four in Tier.

*Tier and Benzin mean "monster/beast" and "gasoline" in German, respectively (I think. I used Babelfish to translate them way back when). I know it doesn't make any sense. >.>

*If you laughed at the "Zero turns into a swan" bit, keep in mind that swans are aggressive little pricks that you have to grab by the neck and throw many yards away if you don't want any bill-shaped scars on your body (or so Cracked.com tells me).

By the way, I don't think all reptiles are evil; Tierites just make easier prey.

/[tornado fang]ing earache

BONUS slightly older picture of Classic Ophiuchus Queen made for Mr. Damaged (webmaster of Damaged Games).

Ophiuchus Queen is Dr. Wily's third Robot Mistress, and unlike Jumpgirl, she takes the title in stride. (Note: Cantata and Monitor are more along the line of Fortress Bosses, which is a step up from Robot Master/Mistress, but unfortunately most FBs are mindless Mechaniloids.) She was vaguely based off of Snakeman's designs; OQ's body is more snakelike and suitable for crushing the air out of her victims. Due to the similarities between them, OQ fell for Snake, who wants nothing to do with her (paranoia does that to you y'know).

OQ wields a variant of the Search Snake weapon that is fired out of a pot rather than a Buster, and functions almost exactly like Snake's weapon. They explode after a set amount of time, but can be shot and destroyed. The problem is, some of them get "confused" and try to go back into the pot, which is when OQ better get hopping. That pot is her only weapon, but as previously stated, she can wrap her tail around her opponent and squeeze him until he suffocates or shuts down (in MM9, robots without oxygen burn up more energy, so it's critical that they be able to breathe). Luckily, poking her with a sharp object or zapping her is enough to make her let go: as she's based on Snakeman, she also shares his weaknesses. At least her hair doesn't resemble a toilet brush. :rofl:

Ophiuchus fights in HH4 to gain recognition, and maybe Snakeman's respect (which he won't do).

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #503 on: May 06, 2009, 05:13:07 AM
You've really got an amazing imagination, Gonzie!

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: May 06, 2009, 06:26:02 AM
MegaMagic? sounds like a perfect place for Axl.  XD

And your imagination is boundless as usual.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #505 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04:01 AM
MegaMagic sounds really good, great for a game or 2 or 3 or...
Seriously love the concept.

And Classic Queenie is awesome. owo

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #506 on: May 06, 2009, 02:50:29 PM
Lovely imaginations! owo Classic Queenie looks lovely and Snakeman might be in love with her.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #507 on: May 06, 2009, 02:51:34 PM
He looks more shocked and angry though... XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: May 08, 2009, 04:09:29 AM
Yeah, Snake would like to pretend Ophiuchus doesn't exist...She harbours too many stalker tendencies for his liking.

oversized hoodies are good for hiding things

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #509 on: May 08, 2009, 04:23:35 AM
They've a really close relationship, those brothers!  XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #510 on: May 08, 2009, 05:18:21 AM

One of Wily's underlings. Protoman claims to be a Tierian knight, which is believable up until he summons several clones. (It's likely just a cover-up story)

Protoman is probably the least magically adept of Wily's eight sub-wizards, which he makes up for with his sheer athletic skill and familiarity with the terrain. Until Rock and Tenor came along, he was successful in keeping intruders out of his sector.

Proto's original design was just a white-haired knight with inexplicable sunglasses. Those probably wouldn't exist in Tier or Benzin, so I replaced them with a Shinobi-style headwrap. It also doubles to obscure his identity. Here's a hint: He has no interest in Tenor, while Rock gives him pause.

As for the ninjaness...Well, knights in MegaMagic aren't restricted to the typical silver/black/what have you plates of armour. And it's different. Bah. /ran out of things to write

I'll probably be sticking to RMs from the first three Megaman games.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #512 on: May 08, 2009, 08:06:18 AM
Yeah, Snake would like to pretend Ophiuchus doesn't exist...She harbours too many stalker tendencies for his liking.

oversized hoodies are good for hiding things

Aww, Protoman seems uncomfortable though... XD

And nice MegaMagic Protoman, all ninja-y and stuff. :3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #513 on: May 09, 2009, 05:38:11 AM
I must imagine it'd get pretty hot in that hoodie real quick.

Another wizard under Wily's employ (I'm thinking of making "wizard" a unisex term), Lady Crash spent many years studying explosives in Tier, and explosive magic in Benzin after being expelled from Tier. Despite spending her mornings jogging, Crash is fairly lethargic; she'd rather hover of Rock and Tenor's heads and drop bombs on them than use fisticuffs.

Evidence suggests that Lady Crash is working under Wily partially so she can avoid paying taxes; she feels her money would be better spent on other things, like necessities (wherever she lived, the taxes were pretty steep).

Yeah, it's Crashman's medieval counterpart. Given her outfit and hair colour, her name could be mistranslated to "Lady Clash" and no one'd notice. XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #514 on: May 09, 2009, 05:39:58 AM
Feeling hot under the hood is... I should stop. XD

And Lady Crash, nice.
There goes the yaranaika joke. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: May 09, 2009, 09:11:51 AM

They should get naked then.  That'd help!

Also, that's one fantastic design there!

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #516 on: May 09, 2009, 09:30:04 AM

She's hot and has rubies!

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: May 09, 2009, 12:55:42 PM
Nice lady Crash there!  owo

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #518 on: May 10, 2009, 08:21:38 PM
Thanks. :)

Oekaki tiem

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #519 on: May 10, 2009, 08:27:21 PM
Nice suits!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #520 on: May 10, 2009, 11:14:34 PM
Thanks. :)

Oekaki tiem

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"I mustn't run away I mustn't run away I mustn't run away!"

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: May 10, 2009, 11:42:45 PM

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #522 on: May 10, 2009, 11:55:31 PM
It's like the ending to X3, only more manlier!   8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: May 11, 2009, 01:39:09 AM
You know they totally did it afterwards!  XD

Yuuichirou Hikari builds a trans-dimensional device to test his theory about there being more than one Earth; Megaman.EXE tests it while in a Copyroid. He arrives at his destination just fine, but can't contact Dr. Hikari or Lan.

After much wandering around, while dodging what he assumes to be other Copyroid-Navis' questions about his armour, he comes across a small blue Navi. He asks Mega.EXE what kind of robot he is, and that's when he realizes that he is truly not in Kansas anymore.

And the blue robot's name is Megaman, too.

Luckily, this other Megaman is willing to help Megaman.EXE with his predicament, though all he can really do right now is take him home. While Megaman tries to figure out exactly HOW to assist his counterpart, Megaman.EXE "marvels" at just how outdated everything seems--barring the robots, of course.

With all the insane crossovers I've done before (Mega/Putt-Putt, anyone?), it HAD to come down to this. Abnormal Gravity did it too, but it was far more comedic. (And am I the only one who noticed that all the comics look the same now?) Picked the Advanced PET II, as it's unique to Lan. (What does he do with those PETS once he moves Mega.EXE to another one?)

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #524 on: May 11, 2009, 02:18:29 AM
Lol, that makes me think of Digimon.  XD