The Gonzo has art.

The Great Gonzo · 777905

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2275 on: May 06, 2011, 06:24:51 AM
OK; I'll keep that in mind. Dunno if I'll be able to pull it off.

I should've uploaded thus ages ago.

The shortest description I can think of for this dream-based concept is "an Amiga game wherein four schmucks are exploring Space Egypt (in places they shouldn't be); three of them have the bright idea of catapulting the fourth back to the safe zone, and circle back to meet him there whilst the fourth goes so [tornado fang]ing fast HE GRAPHICALLY DISINTEGRATES."

The fourth is Amon, and he gets better. Relatively speaking.

Everyone looked like they came out of a late-80s/early-90s OVA, a look that I was unable to pin down here.

Futilely trying to get Amon right; I kept imaging that bloke in GenoCyber who was the friend of the main character and whose death is tragic instead of BARF.

[Quickwoman is taller, but] not by much.

Actually posted the lineart and colours separately over at the TMMN oekaki because Firefox looked like it was starting to [tornado fang] up. I was right.

Maybe after fem-Proto suggests blowing everything up, Proto will go from "not sure if want" to "[tornado fang] YEAH".

Elsewhere, Rock is distraught over the fact that he now has to keep two of them out of trouble.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2276 on: May 06, 2011, 07:10:49 AM
Hmm, well, how's this?

I basically traced your picture, then did up my guidelines, redrew the face (that includes ear) and nose, then moved the eyes+eyebrows.
Then I added hair for fun.

Guidelines are always good, but it's how you use them that's important.

You still haven't told me where you find the time to draw so much.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2277 on: May 08, 2011, 07:44:20 AM
OK.

You still haven't told me where you find the time to draw so much.

Combination of being out of school yet not having a job.

Posted on: May 06, 2011, 09:01:28 PM

I couldn't think of a better design for her than "white tunic + longer, brown hair". D'oh.

Tried taking a friend's advice on facial/neck structure and such; I don't think I pulled it off.

I love it when I forget to submit work. >.>

Link tried fighting a tough boss on his own, and wasn't used to the strain; Malon ran in to finish it off. Now something equally scary, yet capable of reason, has appeared before her (offscreen...), and she's hoping it won't chop her tits off.

Also, the hypothetical game these versions of Link and Malon inhabit could best be summed up as "Two Hylians in AU-1980s Hyrule go to college in Scotland because Hylian colleges suck. Zelda, who's also attending that college, gets kidnapped; school goes into lockdown, and Link and Malon escape through their dorm window and go off to investigate."

There's more to it than that, but I'm like a sandwich-maker with ADHD: the beginning and end are fine, but where there should be a middle is only seasonings, because the sandwich took longer than three minutes to make. D'oh.

Hey, remember those two sets of SSB/M/B fusions I posted eons ago? Here's one of them, only now it's drawn halfway-competently.

At least there's no dancing worthy of Power Rangers involved. (Which would be fine, but not all the Smash Bros. can dance, and they're certainly not all of similar height)

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #2278 on: May 08, 2011, 07:48:11 AM
I love that Peach Link fusion. What's his/her name? Pink? XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2279 on: May 08, 2011, 04:27:27 PM
For reference's sake, it's better.

I think the Peach Link fusion is a girl...I like the facial expressions of the two whilst they're fusing, it's cute 8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2280 on: May 14, 2011, 07:01:35 AM
:)

Sleep-deprived doodle-thing; 'twas referencing this: http://reiderch.deviantart.com/art/WEWY-fied-127431557

Tina (a.k.a. Terra, but there's already a Terra in KH...) likes cute and/or frilly things; so does Rock, but he probably wouldn't admit to the "frilly" part. (Nor would he wear it) They'd probably get along well together, even as they're frantically trying to avoid Kefka's magic missiles.

Blues just wants Tina to scrub off her perfume. Sigh.

Posted on: May 12, 2011, 09:52:46 AM

~MegaManModelT101 asked for a full-body pic of Lila, the protagonist of War of the Dead (more information on which can be found at Hardcore Gaming 101). Apparently, that tiny patch of grass in the middle of the void counts as a "field".

Like many games in the 80s, Lila's in-game appearance only superficially resembles how she looks on the box art; I was going solely off of the sprites here.

Posted on: May 13, 2011, 03:38:35 AM

A dessert pizza, that is. Looks pitiful now, but Rock hasn't added the cereal yet.

Wanted to draw non-Kampfer Rock interacting with one of the Turtles, and this was the first thing to come to mind. I think he and Donatello might get along well.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2281 on: May 15, 2011, 02:33:56 PM
A dessert pizza? dunno if want.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2282 on: May 17, 2011, 05:29:18 AM
Same here, especially with my allergies...

So over at MMXXX, the topic of "video games in the Smithsonian" to Kingdom Hearts. Specifically, Chron's dislike of it. He mentioned that he wished Mr. Nomura had stuck with his earlier style (specifically citing Brave Fencer Musashi).

Can you guess why I drew this?

'Twas about as close as I could get to emulating Mr. Nomura's early style. Not as easy as it looks, especially when you still can't draw clothing folds. >.>

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2283 on: May 18, 2011, 05:53:53 PM
Gasp! How can anyone be allergic to icecream?

o/ I think it looks pretty good, except probably needs thicker/more dynamic lines in areas like the hair and face. The way you shaded his neck in black though makes it look...hm, cut off xD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2284 on: May 26, 2011, 03:25:08 PM
Lots of ice cream has milk. I'm allergic to milk. ;_;

True; just trying to shade it the way Mr. Nomura did with Musashi (my primary reference). (By the way, it only has 98 views on Pixiv so far and no favs/bookmarks...)

[Jewel Rider Rock--f]emale RS-Rock, that is. I think regular Rock would be made a temporary Wolf Pack member instead.

Her uniform is modified slightly from that one doodle of her male self wearing it (most notably, she has sleeves. I forgot that the original didn't). Both it and her civilian wear are based on RS-Rock's armour.

I'm thinking her jewel would just shoot concussive energy blasts, if she didn't want to swipe her teammates' (or Kale's) powers.

Posted on: May 19, 2011, 03:58:14 AM

One day I'll think up a proper name for this TMNT/Kampfer/RS-MM crossover.

This took me about two days to complete, mostly out of fatigue (lack of sleep one day, being sedated at the dentist's the next). In fact, that was the reason I didn't try colouring it in SAI.

* The non-Venus Turtles' colouring is based on their 80s toys. And yes, Proto does have Mikey in a scarf-grip.

* That BG is based on the fourth result I got for Googling "chicago skyline". I'm horrible. ._.

edit: fixed that white outline a bit.

Posted on: May 25, 2011, 07:01:31 AM

Both Rock and Rock are terrified of mice. (Stupidly, there's only one version of Roll here)

Poor Mikey got dragged into the gender-bendering "fun" (quite unexpectedly, judging by his/her reaction). Kampfer-Proto, on the other hand, would rather not be wearing that yukata.

* In one issue of Archie TMNT, April was turned into a turtle; according to Gauntlet, she didn't look any different from the regular turtles apart from white bandannas. While that's fine by me (averts Non-Mammal Mammaries), it'd look like Mikey was freaking out at the existence of air...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2285 on: May 26, 2011, 03:50:19 PM
Pink haired protoman?
Im... Actually ok with this.

Also, Rock better hope he never has to fight a Mouse-Man.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2286 on: May 26, 2011, 08:35:14 PM
Then have her take off that Yukata!  ;)

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2287 on: May 27, 2011, 12:39:23 AM
TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT OFF!  8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2288 on: May 28, 2011, 03:09:40 AM
Alas, she's wearing lots of other clothes under that. XD;

HELP I'VE GONE INSANE

...maybe not, but man, seems like just about everyone draws MLP: FIM stuff at some point.

RS-Rock never really liked horses (can't stand behind them, they can kick you thirty feet across the field, and one unwittingly tried to drag him off a cliff). Capcom-Rock just wishes his older dimensional counterpart would quit being such a frowny-face.

I probably flubbed on the style. :/

Too tired/dizzy/headache'd to colour this.

So earlier today I had a dream (had to take a nap), and part of it involved me saving/assisting Hope from some weird iron-looking things with blue crystals in their bodies. (The rest was Final Fantasy artbooks with gray horses on the covers)

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS:

* I am being badass. I am not a badass.

* It's implied that I can handle a gun. I've never fired one before, but I'll bet it'd end with the recoil blowing my ass across the room.

* Hope needs saving from me. Doubt it.

* My clothes look halfway cool. I normally dress very plainly.

* I am holding a guy's hand. Definitely not, unless I was in danger of falling off of something, maybe.

* Hope's jacket might be off-model. I didn't really use good refs...

Oh, and eventually he started boomeranging the freaky iron things anyway. How useful of me. :|

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2289 on: May 28, 2011, 09:08:12 AM
I've heard the new MLP show is actually pretty awesome.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2290 on: May 28, 2011, 09:41:54 AM
Not RPM aswell...that thing is spreading internet wide.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2291 on: May 28, 2011, 12:06:57 PM
Maybe one day I should actually watch it...

After Chron suggested that I colour the previous pic (and after I'd gotten several hours of sleep), I did.

Man, those monster-things now look like they escaped from one of those old gray-and-blue computer monitors. :/

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2292 on: May 28, 2011, 04:00:47 PM
I like the colours on that one =O Even if my eyes are dying from the brightness. Have you ever considered varying the width of your lines? =w= Also, learning to draw guns

PS: gdm ponies.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2293 on: May 28, 2011, 05:23:32 PM
Have you ever considered varying the width of your lines? =w= Also, learning to draw guns

Occasionally, but it never looks that great when I try. /excuses

And certainly, but it just never works out. ;_; Now, fantasy guns/busters? No problems there (usually).

For my next pic (or a future pic; dunno), I'm thinking of transplanting Van into KH-Land. Any wardrobe suggestions? Because all I can think of right now is "FFX fashion disaster".

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2294 on: May 28, 2011, 08:56:38 PM
Draw him in a Tron outfit!  8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2295 on: May 29, 2011, 01:20:23 AM
Heh. XD

"Do you see them? Rows of crystal statues, unfettered by the worries of the world...free to rest. How can you reject such a wonderful fate?"

SHUT UP GARLAND NONE OF THAT IS HELPING YOUR CASE

So yeah--Roll, Riku, and Donald all fell victim to an area-of-effect spell. This is what happens when RADIX sees those sketches of the FFXIII guys post-crystallization (no spoilers. Please) and gets ideas.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2296 on: May 29, 2011, 01:34:31 AM
You know,

I can't help it but I'm beginning to get a somewhat slight feeling that Gonz' might eventually be a Kingdom Hearts fan. I'm not sure though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2297 on: May 29, 2011, 03:16:59 AM
Juuust maybe. It's a possibility.

I like the way this came out. I really like the crystal effect. Specifically the crystalline excess.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2298 on: May 29, 2011, 08:10:25 AM
Ahaha I think your problem is that you have never looked carefully at a gun and tried to draw it =w= Everything starts off with referencing I love guns

Add belts! Lots of belts. Belts on his pants his pant legs his arms and his wrists and everywhere \o/

I like the crystal-ly thing but it looks more like marble to me. The effects stuffs is nice though. Also Riku has a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny statue dong~ \o/

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2299 on: May 29, 2011, 10:29:47 PM
Thanks. :)

Also Riku has a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny statue dong~ \o/

It's quite obvious that I don't draw naked people all that often. XD; And maybe half the problem with drawing guns is that I keep trying to draw the hand first. :/

Reconsider what? We may never know (but "making out in public" might be a good guess).

Kalinka/Roll is the best kind of [Name]/Roll pairing. :) Now if only Kalinka wasn't dressed like Little Blue Riding Hood.

Hey look, Gonzo tried drawing Cybersix!