The Great Gonzo · 778780

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1075 on: August 30, 2009, 03:07:29 PM
That's a lot of stuff you've updated with, and all of them, cool. :3
And the Five, man... They look just great.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1076 on: August 30, 2009, 05:20:04 PM
Thanks!

Remake of this. 2009 me >>> 2006 me.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1077 on: August 30, 2009, 05:25:05 PM
Why does Dread Nightshadereminds me of the alien from Alien vs. Predator.
Thanks!

That's a very nice remake!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1078 on: August 30, 2009, 05:26:43 PM
As mentioned, that is one impressive remake.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1079 on: August 31, 2009, 12:54:03 AM
Thanks!

He finally got tired of all the people who hate his design.

This has to be the most random pairing this side of Pharaoh/Star.

Does Marino know that Megaman is at least 200 years old by the time CM rolls around?

Based on sprites found at the Megaman Fangame Network.

Rock needs to stay out of the hair dye. >.>

Coloured pencils are a little easier to use than markers since they don't bleed, but what the scanner does to them...egads.

I thought RS-Proto and Mega would make a good Hawk and Dove (which I admit I know next to nothing about). Proto practically lives for combat, while Mega only fights when he has to--and then, more defensively than Proto. And the colours match. >.>

They mix together as well as water and firecrackers.

Weaselman's another Rockmen R boss. His bio states that he's an...aerial robot. Huh. :/ Maybe those shoulderpads of doom contain thrusters?

Full name Alternative; she belongs to Bladwyng a.k.a. ~dementedpixie. I don't know much about her, other than that she was closely associated with Megaman (hence why his helmet's on the ground).

Bladewyng hasn't updated her dA page in four years; I wonder what she's been doing since then.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1080 on: August 31, 2009, 01:10:05 AM
Holy...those are awesome.

I love the Hawk & Dove one.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1081 on: August 31, 2009, 02:39:00 AM
Aww at Oil Man, and lawl at Marino.
I guess she just likes older men. >0<

Also, nice to see some Weasel on Snake action. 8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1082 on: August 31, 2009, 03:32:41 AM
:)

In glorious four-tone shading and semi-technicolour background! /shot

All the X-series Navigators/Operators, plus one of my own, just because. The shading was sorta taken from an example of ~MightyOtaking (those pics must take him, like, two days each).

Starting from the bottom, row 1: Tint (mine; meant as the distaff counterpart to Douglas), Ryan Akhart (unused X1 Op), Pallette. Row 2: Kai, Alia Sutherland, the unnamed male MHX Op of which there were several. Row 3: Nana, Iris Thorne, Layer Warmind. And finally Filter, the name I gave to Kai's alternate design/unused fellow Op. (I named Kai as well)

I'm proud of how this came out. :) Not so much of the time it took--two hours at least, not including time taken out to have dinner. That's what I get for working late.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1083 on: August 31, 2009, 03:37:53 AM
Now that's really beautifully done.
And Kai for Nanayer... Kai does have a nice ring to it. :3

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1084 on: August 31, 2009, 05:06:43 AM
Gonzie, I love how often you draw stuff!  Your imagination is on overdrive!  XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1085 on: August 31, 2009, 05:15:06 PM
I've always perferred her Soul Eraser armor rather than that "Mary Sue" of an armor (Don't know why, I felt it was bland).

Good work as always 'tho.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2009, 08:41:19 PM
Bah, epic coloring as always!
I also like that nice bubbly outline you did there.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1087 on: September 01, 2009, 04:11:19 AM
Thanks. :) Her X4 armour is very...booberific; it's easier for me to remember her SE armour.

Started earlier this year (around june or July), discontinued, then finished today. The top half of the picture concerns the helper 'bots from Dragmire's game "Mega" (still in development as of now); the other half are mine.

* RS-Beat was made yellow...just because. Red or green wouldn't cut it.

* Kokker is an unused MM3 helper; he was in my "LEGO MM" pic.

* Bewegt is a jellyfish. Calling him an octopus is a bad idea, because like monkeys, he will grab you and beat your ass until you can no longer grow (thanks, CRACKED.com!).

* Vivale is based on an extinct animal, a Baiji. I may or many not have had Staryu on mind when I deisgned Courante.

Posted on: September 01, 2009, 01:15:29 AM

Even Axl is taller than him (I think). Poor X.

The fellow in the back is Yuga, a character belonging to =AndrewDickman. I like him.

Three rather old fan-Hunters of mine: Matrix, Turbine, and Vertigo. They're an obscure unit within the Hunters, not terrible enough to become the stuff of Hunter "legend", but not remarkable enough to be talked about much either.

Perhaps due to this (and other factors), Turbine has incredibly low self-esteem, and often compares herself to other Hunters (like Zero, which isn't healthy for anyone's self-esteem, really). She's also prone to smacking around Matrix and Turbine without warning or awareness.

Matrix already knows how hard it'll be to move up the Hunter ladder and is therefore "immune to disappointment". He'll drag his pals to whatever abandoned "Maverick nest" he finds next, seemingly oblivious to their objections; that's the only reason he joined the Hunters--to explore.

Vertigo has been with the Hunters for a long time, but never did much hunting until the Eurasia incident. He's indifferent to Turbine's abusive bursts, having to have put up with them for a while. Vertigo resents taking orders and traveling, but he never defies his superiors, knowing that his job is more important than his free time.

Penciled a while ago, then inked/coloured today.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1088 on: September 01, 2009, 04:34:37 AM
The animal ones was one of my favorite things you've ever drawn.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1089 on: September 01, 2009, 05:47:13 AM
"I'm a ninja star. Throw me." I laughed. XD
Those are some cool animal helpers, and Tango is just cute there... >w<

Lawl at X being the shortest, and nice fan Hunters too. :3

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1090 on: September 01, 2009, 07:43:56 PM
Zero has a TINY FACE!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1091 on: September 02, 2009, 04:02:31 AM
D'oh. >.>

There are practically zilch fan armours made for Axl. :/ So I made some.

The floating heads are his official armours (though I'm sure "Nightshade" was made by Jazwares)As for "unknown", I imagine that Lumine transferred himself to Axl after the final fight in X8, and waited until the time was right to take control of his body and boot Axl's code out. X, Zero, and Alia transfer Axl to Lumine's body (the two are similar enough for the transfer to be done with no ill effects), and the four fight to get his original body back.

The Heavyarms and Rose armours are collected part by part (chances are Light made them, because he's nice like that); the first is much like the Gaea armour in that it slows Axl down tremendously but ups his attack power, and the second makes him much faster at the cost of attack power.

The Remnant armour, Axl finds in the ruins of a base; there isn't any data attached to it.

Axl's temp position as a Navigator could be because the body-switching incident rattled him more than he let on.

* The Remnant armour was based on Colonel's, with some of Iris's thrown in. Rose was based on, well, Spike Rosered. >.>

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1092 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:12 AM
Those are so really cool armour designs for Axl.
I really like them all. :3

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #1093 on: September 02, 2009, 09:06:47 AM
Oh my, so many new stuffs around. Must... reply...

Lol at Lumine Axl though.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1094 on: September 03, 2009, 05:21:51 AM
:)

7988 March 12

It took us at least a year to gather out resources and regroup. Alouette convinced me to go through with converting what was left of the airship into one that could sail; I wasn't about to let it come to harm. It was our only shelter.

There are forty-two Reploids left on Earth. Besides the former Biometals, Ballade, and the twins, I don't recognize any of them. Most of them were camped out on what might have been a part of Greece.

We all got to know each other. Turns out, they were blindsided by the flood, and just barely managed to get to higher ground. Alouette and I were onboard Guardian HQ at the time; we went through hell keeping it airborne while the waters raged.

7988 March 21

I will never forgive them.

The three Goddesses of Hyrule decided to flood their land in order to excise Ganondorf from it, because the "Hero of Time" did not appear. Scientists elsewhere blamed it on the melting of the ice caps, but I knew better. The ice caps were perfectly fine when the water level began to rise.

The humans immediately began constructing gigantic domes around their nations, thinking they could beat the Goddesses. For the most part, they did. Hyrule was lost, but the continents and the Mushroom Kingdom remained.

It could only last so long. Weil...

There are only a few islands left now. The animals are doing fine...but humankind is extinct.

We can't leave Earth; there's nothing left for us to use to escape. The extraterrestrial nations aren't responding.

7988 Demember 30

We aren't the only ones left. Alouette tells me that she found a cluster of mechanical beings on a small island, all with a single red eye somewhere on their bodies. Someone else in the group dubbed them "Reaverbots", noting the way they burrowed into the ground. What I'd like to know is why they weren't affected by Ragnarok (something I could ask about the animals, too).

7989 August 31

Something touched down.

It was a ship, one that none of us had ever seen before (well, it didn't look any that I remember). On board were many humanoids; the most prominent was a man whose fellows addressed only as "Master". He said that they were on a mission to terraform Earth, but it seemed to him that it was in decent shape already. He didn't want to hear about how it got this way; he claimed he already knew.

The Master asked if they had permission to set up camp here. After much debate, Alouette and I gave them the okay--if they agreed not to attack or otherwise hinder us.

7989 November 3

The Master and I have spent some time discussing the planet and other matters. He suggested that, since Earth's culture is no more, that its name be changed. We settled on "Terra", though I'll keep referring to it as Earth. He expressed his concern over the Reaverbots, which, while content to ignore us, were hostile to the colonists. For now, the best they can do is stay out of the Reaverbots' way.

He also brought up creating new lifeforms to populate Earth. The Master kept referring to them as "Carbons"; from what I can gather, they're simply artificial humans. He plans to base them off himself; the Master says he is an immortal human, but I have a hard time buying that.

There's something I'm worried about. These "Carbons", if he ever gets around to making them...Space is limited, and they'll apparently be able to procreate. How will they be kept under control?

7999 February 2

Today, the Master brought me onto the ship. The colonists who passed us glared at me, as if they didn't want me polluting their space with my presence. Noticing this, the Master guided me to his chambers as quickly as possible.

He had another proposal. Since few of the surviving Reploids were good at combat, he should create his own Reploids--"Purifier units"--to assist them. It would also do well for population control...I can only hope he knows what he's doing.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1095 on: September 03, 2009, 03:31:20 PM
Very interesting backstory there... A bridge to the DASH series...
Nicely done, and great accompanying pic as well. :3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1096 on: September 05, 2009, 07:22:46 PM
Thanks. :)

The next pic has to wait until the fellow I've shown it to replies (long story, I'll explain if/when he does), so I thought I'd post something else.

I've been thinking about how a seventeenth issue of NAdM would play out. #16 is a pretty hard issue to continue from...For Capcom's sake, it ended with the arrival of three Grays, who clearly need Roll for...some purpose, and the entire run of the comic was one big continuity headache.

To be honest, I dunno why I like NAdM so much. Maybe it's the fact that it's the longest-running Megaman comic to date (if you're not counting the mangas); maybe it's the fact that, despite the entire thing being a damned trainwreck, the writers seemed to genuinely enjoy working on it. I think that it's because NAdM has such gaping plot holes and other continuity snarls, and it puts my dubious skills as a writer to the test (dubious because you're not supposed to praise yourself on the Internet. :U ).

For example...why Protoman wants to fully restore Roll's traumatic memories of being "cyborgized".

1.) He's not making any progress in fighting Wily. Roll is one of the most powerful robots to exist, or at least has the potential to be so (that's the impression I got). The problem is that Roll and her merry men aren't making much progress either, but for other reasons. Protoman wants her to fight on his terms, so "reminding" her of what Wily did to her (indirectly, but still) would help him tremendously. Unless Roll decided she didn't like remembering why she can't look at giant elongated W's without going into PTSD mode.

2.) Protoman has a vendetta against most humans, and humans did horrible, horrible things to Roll in her childhood. What better way to make Roll see things his way than to reveal this to her? (Whether or not she really does depends)

3.) There was something Roll knew during her days as a human that is crucial to winning the fight against Wily.

4.) Holzenbein still exists, and they're still turning innocent humans into cyborgs and shipping them off to God knows where. While they're no longer affiliated with Wily, they're still a huge threat, and Protoman wants Roll to destroy them. She'd never believe him if he simply TOLD her what she went through in '96, so...

Then again...NAdM Proto did strike me as slightly cracked and fairly sadistic. He and Zero beat the tar out of Bass and X along with everyone else, despite the two supposedly being on the same side. If he had just left them literally hanging, maybe the rest of the group's reaction to their "betrayal" wouldn't have been as strong...but no, he presumably unchains them (would that explain the button press at the end of #12 not doing jack in the next issues?), exposing them as moles. God knows how he treats Zero.

Another thing that bugs me...the Grays. They need Roll for...something, and they don't want anyone to die in the fight they break up--not even Wily, who's an irredeemable fuckpipe in NAdM.

1.) Roll has been stated to be a "biological computer" or at least have the functions of one. The Grays need to perfect biological computers, and Roll is the only one suitable for this task.

2.) The Grays aren't supposed to interfere with the affairs of others, for whatever reason (to prevent intergalactic war, I'm assuming). Since they can't hijack Roll without bothering her siblings, not killing anyone in the fight is the best way to go about it with minimum interference.

3.) They want the bad guys to live until their characters have been gauged; then Megaman can do whatever he wishes with them. Perhaps they feel (or ARE) obligated to do this to everyone they monitor?

Before I forget--Kalinka. It's implied that she may be a cyborg. If so, why doesn't Protoman try to reactivate her memories as well?

1.) Kalinka has no combat capabilities; therefore, "reminding" her would be a moot point. (Even if she could be modified, I doubt she'd master her new abilities in a fast enough amount of time for Proto.)

2.) Kalinka is a self-made cyborg.

And while this isn't the best problem to end on, what with addressing the Grays first...#12. Just #12. It makes no sense when taken into the context of #11 and #13, but while excluding it wouldn't detract much from the story (it would take care of why Bass and X have switched sides), it DOES provide some insight into how Roll feels about this mess: She wants it to stop, she wants her brothers to stop fighting, and she wants things to start being cohesive. Yeah, she cranks the angst up to unbearable levels...but given the context, I wasn't too bugged by it.

#12 is a dream. Yes, Mr. Shin said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but it's the only way to make it fit. The place Roll is running around in doesn't feel all that real (even she doesn't know where it is), and she claims that she saw Dr. Light die when, in fact, she was shoved into a capsule before that happened. That's actually residue of what Bass told her. Now, that's what I can explain. What I can't:

1.) Roll's facial wound not being present in any future issues. I guess the writers decided that having her naked and gored was disgusting, and magically repaired it (the wound, not her nudity. Arg).

2.) Roll having short hair. This is just an artistic goof, I think.

3.) It may be just me, but #13 doesn't seem to acknowledge what Protoman told Roll. She doesn't know who strung them up, when Protoman was, like, two inches away from her face in #12! And it certainly doesn't do anything with that mysterious button press. Unless it was to release Bass and X, like I theorized earlier.

Getting to #17 itself--I think the best course of action would be for the Grays to explain their motivations for crashing the big fight, but not so much that it kills the tension. Maybe something along the lines of, "We apologize, but we'll have to borrow Roll for a second." Roll wouldn't want anything to do with it, and especially not after they try to explain that she's a biological computer (which she might know if Protoman undid her amnesia). From there on, I'd try to begin to resolve some of the dangling plot threads, and spackle over the holes.

Of course, it wouldn't be the same, what with my being unfamiliar with Brazilian colloquialisms and the language...But least I could do a mock-up of the cover.

Thoughts?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1097 on: September 05, 2009, 07:41:49 PM
Hmm, that was a pretty in-depth breaking down of what was shown to us in NAdM.
I never really went deep into it, though it was interesting to read, despite the inconsistencies... XD

Still, from what you have posted, all seemed to be pretty valid in their own way.
But, as you mentioned, the Grays... Really hard to build up from there...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1098 on: September 06, 2009, 07:28:57 PM
Yeah. >.> I can only imagine how they'd have handled it...

Fanservice meme, this time for Ulala.

Posted on: September 06, 2009, 05:55:40 AM

This is what results from my free time my art classes. It took two days, with some inking done at home.

Originally meant as population control and Reaverbot extermination--dubbed "Maverick Hunters"--the Purifier Units were given the task of monitoring Terra and utilizing the Eden satellites. They were named after the original Megaman, who oversaw construction of as many as the colonists would allow (that is to say, not many).

Also of the System were the Mother and Servitor Units, constructs who controlled the satellites. Their harmless exteriors couldn't have been farther from the truth.

Juno - A "Bureaucrat" Unit; at one point, he sealed himself in the Main Gate, perhaps to ease the long wait for the Carbon population to exceed the limit. Juno was always polite and formal, even when arguing with Trigger about the status of the Carbons and whether or not the System should just increase the amount of living space.

Jove - He was based almost directly on Juno, but only his face belies this fact. Jove was always the saddest to see the Carbons continually killed off, and eventually left the System for the Superficial Ruins.

Connected to Jove was Mistress Ran, who had no Servitor Unit or sense of duty; she had a tendency to abuse her power. Hearing that she would be killed and deleted if she kept it up, Ran fled, presumably to Jove's location.

Algos - Often an object of ridicule from the Carbons because of his long arms. Algos was one of of the Purifier Units whose duties involved interacting with the Carbons; he resented the Master for this, unsurprisingly.

Lethe - A nigh-silent, towering Purifier Unit. He vanished during one excursion late into the System's life/functionality, and was presumed dead.

Ballade - One of the 42 Survivors; he requested to become a Purifier for reasons disclosed only to the Master.

Mistress Sera and Geetz were attached to Ballade, though their interactions with him were far less frequent than those of Ran and Jove.

Solaris was constructed sometime before Sera's sealing, and activated much later. She has components of both Purifier and regular Anthro Units, but not enough of either to be one or the other.

Trigger - The Purifier Unit closest to the Master, his job was to guard the System from Aberrant Units (Reaverbots). Like Jove, he hated the Carbon Reinitialization System, but the two never knew each other.

Typon - He fled the System at a later date than Jove, because of his disdain for--or even fear of--the System. Typon was unable to be found.

Upsilon - Another PU who regularly interacted with the Carbons. Like Algos, Upsilon was subject to constant verbal abuse due to his "unusual" bodily structure.

His superiors, Mistress Pandora and Prometheus, were two of the 42 Survivors. They didn't have the typical powers of the others, opting not to be modified.

Demosthenes - Noted for his arrogance. He was indifferent towards the purging of the Carbons.

Qoppa - A friend of Upsilon's, who arranged to to give him the opportunity to purge them. Qoppa was very formal, but quite rude to all but the Mother Units and the Master.

Sampi - He was given charge of several small islands at once, which put a strain on him despite their populations being so small. Purportedly based on one of the Survivors.

Connected to Sampi was Mistress Heta, who left the System to assist him after his messages made it clear that he was losing his mind. Like Ran, she had no Servitor Unit, but she knew how and when to demonstrate her power.

Mistress Yuna and Gatz weren't connected to any of the Purifiers, but Yuna did seem to have a fondness for Trigger, though she didn't share his views.

* Lethe is a character created by Niklas Janssen; I waited until he'd seen it before posting it here.

* Ballade's inclusion was influenced by a piece on dA depicting him as a Purifier Unit; it doesn't seem to be up anymore.

* Some of the PUs were named after Greek letters, mostly obsolete ones. Demosthenes's name comes from Ender's Game.

* Gigantic markers + small details = evil. D:

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1099 on: September 06, 2009, 07:54:26 PM
Neat!